Make it easier to report people!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it easier to report people!

I'm quite the young player. I am 13 years old, and a girl. Quite often do I get messages of people being EXTREMELY disgusting and asking me to do gross roleplay/send pictures of myself.

While I am able to block people, and report via email, some things like this should be taken to the next step.

Currently to report people you need to email a-team about it, making it sometimes quite tedious. There should at least be a "report player" button in the game. Quite honestly, I don't know how this wasnt a thing in the first place.

Having to send an email to report a player can take quite some time, and is pretty boring. Personally, I just want to feel more safe playing this game.

That's understandable but it's just more of an ignore and block thing best option, I get it too but if you played for a couple months it's just a whatever thing, however sometimes things can be everywhere like I remember two years ago nearly everyone almost every single player had some heat passing around not sure what was the cause, but didn't matter what gender they were it was like spring or "mating season" that year lol. My main point is that it fluctuates with the types of moods in people who are spreading that mood / behavior

Comment

• theValkyrie
      theValkyrie commented
      Editing a comment
      People should not be asking me, a 13 year old kid, for naked pictures of myself :-) Do not sympathize with these sick people. Action needs to be taken against them, and that action needs to be more easily accessible to us.

• Shalidragon
      Shalidragon commented
      Editing a comment
      For a 13 year old kid, you think very mature topics. You are correct that people being harassed needs easier ways to report this kind of behaviour, and it is a report button. But since its not one of the principal concerns of Ateam at the moment, the best advice I can give you is just ignore the harassers and keep asking for a safer game.

It's entirely dudes that do this and it's extremely common.
    I use female cosmetics most of the time, but clarify I'm a male in my profile. I still get sexual harassment in my messages from strangers every week or so. I used to get it a lot more often when I didn't.

I think the reason why ATEAM doesn't really do anything about it is because this is a global server and they don't really want to hire a team of moderators to deal with harassment reports for every supported language.

I could imagine there being around 50 reports a day just for the english speaking moderators to deal with, especially with people here like cean who has sexually harassed hundreds of players in their messages for the past couple years without ATEAM ever doing anything about it.
    Nemurerumori / Sword / Fujin
    Guild: COLOSSUS
    Game ID: 2017106838
    ----- ID: Slypheed
    Password: 123456

Comment

• Nemurerumori
      Nemurerumori commented
      Editing a comment
      oh, this post actually went through

didn't show up for days and gave me an error message, so I just said screw it and gave up

Wow, imagine telling a 13 year old to just get used to it instead of trying to hold people to a higher standard.

Comment

• theValkyrie
      theValkyrie commented
      Editing a comment
      I've come to realize, that no matter what there's always going to be people harassing me. (This goes for everyone, really), however I probably will have it worse than others since I am female. Especially online.

Personally, I feel like A-team needs to help make their community safer for younger audiences, because often am I being harassed/asked to do things that are not only ILLEGAL but immoral.

Realistically, no one should be receiving this type of abuse towards them, regardless of who or what they are.

ban cean
    Nemurerumori / Sword / Fujin
    Guild: COLOSSUS
    Game ID: 2017106838
    ----- ID: Slypheed
    Password: 123456

Comment

Here's how I believe it should be:

1: Replace the Block button with "Block/Report" or "Report Abuse"

2: 2 options pop up; "Block player" , "Report user"

3: Reporting user sends the UID of the player and chat logs between you and the player to A-Team, and may give you the option to Block the user after the report, or not

4: A-Team read through the logs and determines if the report was correct and takes suitable action

A system like this helps crack down on the abusive chat and harassing of users. Obviously I've oversimplified this as I'm not a coding genius, but A-Team I'm sure will know how to pull a system like this off.

Comment

I've had the same problems with people asking for pictures or filthy roleplays. I'm a male, so it's not really a gender related thing, it's just people being repellent. I agree that there should be an in-game report button, that way it greatly discourages this kind of behavior. The only concern I would have is it would definitely take a lot of work on Ateams behalf. Or people reporting others for no reason, which would definitely cause other problems.
        Last edited by RazDaz; 05-25-2019, 04:15 AM.

Comment

on the topic of inappropriate messages and the like, can we just get rid of the bulletin board
          no one even uses it for it's original/intended purpose and at this point it just perpetuates this type of behavior

Creds to each artist for the gorgeous art<3

#TheBeamMafia

Icons 101

Comment

How do I never get harassed. Am I not kawai waifu enough? Is it my hair? I CAN BE PWEETY TOO! LOOOOOOVE MEEEEEE!!!

But, nah. Jokes aside. It's the internet. What do people actually expect? If it really does bother someone. They can always ignore it. Nobody actually forces ya to talk to someone like that. Heck ya don't even have to open the message... Just delete it, and don't give in. Ignoring may seem like a bad idea to someone. But it's a logical solution. It's the same that would happen with a report button. Ya just be ignoring it. There a several problems with this. Some which include the languages, and time invested into such an endeavor. It's not impossible. Just a bother to execute. If ya ask me.

Sure. Some people. Will say I am cold, for not caring about ya "plight". But. It's the truth. I don't care. Heck I don't even know ya, and saying think about if it was someone I know. The people I know are smarter than to let someone on the internet harass them. This isn't a seedy street corner in the bad part of town. Nobody can physically force ya to be harassed. Because ya as a free willed, non bound, human. Can choose to ignore it.

So, yeah. Ya could go and think about reporting this, or that guy/girl. Yes. It does happen both ways... before the SJWs spawn.
            Or
            Ya could be the better, and smarter person. Say. "I am better than to stoop to their level." and just leave them hanging. It's gonna eat on them more, than knowing they got to ya.

So, yeah. Those are my two cents on it. Think whatever ya want. I am just saying it how I see it. Neither for, nor against it. I am just indifferent.

Plus. I really don't trust this community. They are gonna find ways to abuse a report button... Heck. It would probably just make the harassment worse...

But, yeah. I am out. Judge at ya leisure. Just know one thing. I won't get into any argument. Because as I previously stated. I am just giving my two cents, without actually caring enough about it.

Comment

• Nemurerumori
              Nemurerumori commented
              Editing a comment
              &quot;It does happen both ways&quot;

Huge lie

You literally have no idea

• theValkyrie
              theValkyrie commented
              Editing a comment
              @Nemurerumori

You're talking about a guy who doesn't know what &quot;harassment is&quot; (Cough cough Nobody can physically force ya to be harassed. cough)

• Abyss
              Abyss commented
              Editing a comment
              Nemurerumori
              It does happen both ways. When my nephew was still playing, he was getting tons of private messages from both males and females trying to have sex rp. You can't say that that is a huge lie.

Underaged, male or female or not, such behaviour shouldn't be in the game. Like Bevgebra mentioned, they should get rid of bulletin board too.

Honestly, the "tedious" process is actually necessary to make solid reports against these people who are instigating these types of harassments.

Out of experience, a report button is over-simplified. It will exist as a function, but it is easily exploited by false reports (usually made by incompetent or petty people), which will eventually undermine its intended purposes. False reports could potentially include people reporting someone for being a "bad player at the game", reporting out of "spite", reporting without [enough] evidential basis, etc.. Eventually, the button will just be a joke like it has in some games. cough LoL and MS

Reporting someone is serious: it's going to need proper evidence and details if one was to make a case against the person in question. I highly doubt a mobile game such as UL has the capacity to record every conversations throughout so many instances of chat (quests/lobbies/PMs/bulletins). That's why it's important for you to be able to report your end in detail through email for proper investigation on Ateam's end rather than a click-and-report button (refer to paragraph above). Personally, I've had better customer service and response to report degenerates through direct CS contact than a report function in-game. coUGH mS

I'm not necessarily insinuating that there shouldn't be a report button function nor that it won't help at all, but overall I feel that the complexity of accurately reporting someone requires proper attention to deliver punishment. Directly contacting CS is better on both ends, for the sake of clarity.
            Last edited by Cyntus; 05-28-2019, 04:51 AM.

Els**** forums got boring--- I'll just be lurking here every now and then
            Casually likes quality posts

Comment

Working...
            X