This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fix to all powercreep

Back with another awesome solution! Let split the Gems into Free Gems and Paid Gems, and keep a record of the current free and paid gems on hand.

If you currently have more than 75 Paid gems on hand, it will be much harder to obtain mat drops to level up your gears. Addtionally for every 25 addition paid gems over 75, your drop rate gets even lower! This means if you are a whale hoarding bought gems, youll have to work much harder to increase your power, while a f2p wont, since this doesnt effect free Gems.

A whale wouldnt want to spend all their paid gems, so they most likely wont waste it all to get good farm rates.

They can get good monsters and gears, but will take much longer to farm mats to power em up, while f2p can! Amazing!!!

taadaaa!! and again, You're Welcome!
    Last edited by Saelc; 05-09-2019, 07:18 PM.

This wouldn't work because people could just buy gems when events they like come, then buy more when they run out so they dont hit the 75 limit

Comment

• Saelc
      Saelc commented
      Editing a comment
      But whales would buy the most expensive price that comes with bonus gems. Itll be a rippoff to buy the gems under 75 gems as youll be paying more for them.

Also sometimes UL have Sales that are a great deal, whales will buy them, and hoard them for when something new comes out.

Adding a decreased drop rate for paid gems over 75 will make whales think twice about hoarding hundreds of gems. If they want something, they can just buy all the gems during the event, rather than buying the discounted sales and waiting for a good time to use it. This way, they cant get what they want cheaply and easily. The powercreep will take longer to happen, and by that time, everyone surely would have caught up.

The only ones this woulndt effect are the king of whales whom dont care to spend full price for gems.

I don't know if this will work out. It's almost punishing people who spend real money that supports Ateam. Having this restriction makes purchasing gems a less enticing thing for non-f2p players, and in turn, will significantly lower Ateam's UL revenue.
    Matamume || ID: 2018824379
    860k GS Archer Main (as of 6/24/19)

My top 5 monster setup.
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Comment

• Saelc
      Saelc commented
      Editing a comment
      But would help in slowing down the powercreep and narrowwing the gap between weak and strong, therefore would make the game much more fun as everyone is close in strength to one another, thus becoming more challenging and less of pay to win.

This would really only punish the players who buy gems infrequently (because they care about their money). True whales that actually widen the gap between F2P already buy ether packs and other packs. These packs often come with 25+ exp king limin, so they won't be hurting for augmats. This is assuming that they won't just buy the daily augment key and go on augment quests. If rates on the augment key quests need to be nerfed, then I think implementing this idea is more trouble than its worth.

Comment

• Saelc
      Saelc commented
      Editing a comment
      Players who buy gems infrequently would normally spend it all on spawns, so theyd rarely have more than 75 on hand.
      But for whales and few infrequent buyers, as long as they are hoarding/saving lots of paid gem over 75, they will be spending a significant part of their day farming. Lets say they need a certain elemental material and they have 150 paid gems. well Ateam could add a nerf on their drop rate to be like 0.10% per drop/raretierdrop So it could take close to an hour for them to get reforge and augment materials. They can buy the packs of they want, which is where ateam can make their money from whales. Lower the drop rates for the whales, throw packs out for them to buy if they dont want to grind/farm. Ateam wins, power gap close to closed, community happy, whales still strong but not significantly.

• StrangeSymptoms
      StrangeSymptoms commented
      Editing a comment
      What then would you propose that Ateam due about all of the other sources of augment materials that do not require farming? We have bronze medals, legend medals, most event medals, TREASURE medals (whales will have plenty of those lying around even after the scrolls), recycle medals (also a plentiful source for whales), and expeditions limins. If you really think about, the main source of augment materials for ALL players is not quest based but exchanged based and the expedition limin. There are simply too many variables the consider to make this change effective, at least in my opinion.

The problem with "fixing the whale problem" is that its a double edged sword. The game has gotten so old and the power levels so high that they simply can't stop. The problem is that every month they have to add something new and fresh, which almost always inherently causes power expansion. The only factor limiting everyone from getting that power is the pay wall. I don't really think that "whale issue" is entirely fixable this late in the game's life.

• Saelc
      Saelc commented
      Editing a comment
      well they could add an expiration date on those like weekely or biweekly exp date, that way theyd be force to use em up or have it be converted to something else, like gem shards.

I don't think this would help. Even if it takes whales longer to augment/reforge, they will still have better gear. It just delays when they start using it. This mostly seems like something that hurts those who spend, and does nothing to fix powercreep.

Comment

• Saelc
      Saelc commented
      Editing a comment
      itll delay when they start using it, hopefully by the time they start, new more powerful content will appear! XD

• Lunity
      Lunity commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, but will that gear be available to f2p

• Saelc
      Saelc commented
      Editing a comment
      ofcourse, f2p could pull the new content gear if they are lucky, allowing whales to have lower droprates of farm material may increase the chances of free to play to obtain and quickly advance their gear catching up to the whales and the whales having more trouble getting what they need without spending to slow down enough for f2p to catch up.

If it punishes people who spend money, it will not be approved. Ateam needs money to run. Even if it'll be more enjoyable to f2p, it's still enjoyable to whales. With that said, even if they loose all their f2p, the whales will remain and they still get the money so it wouldn't make a difference to them. At least I think. But this idea only seems to limit their revenue and they surely won't like that, that much I know.

Comment

Dude almost the whole community disagrees with you. I keep seeing you arguing with everyone. Just accept that it's a bad idea [unless of course you want to exemplify a superiority complex, then by all means keep going with it].

Comment

• Saelc
        Saelc commented
        Editing a comment
        you... The whole Community? lol yeah sure, now whis the one with the superiority complex. I suggest, they answer, I rebuttal, they rebuttal, its a debate. smh this guy...

• Phantom
        Phantom commented
        Editing a comment
        Why are you so delusional? I said "almost the whole community" as in the majority of the people who responded to this post. And all debates end foo. The majority of people decided that the idea is dumb. Grow some balls, suck it up, and get over it.

• Phantom
        Phantom commented
        Editing a comment
        Before you continue being an idiot, I just rechecked all the replies to this post, and all of them disagree with you. No debate, just you getting battered. That's game.

This idea is flawed on so many levels that it's actually kind of tragic.
      Firstly, as was already pointed out, from a business standpoint, it makes absolutely no sense to penalize paying players for the sake of those who aren't. The p2w are paying because they want to win, and if the advantage ain't there, the money won't be either.
      Also, you're making a lot of incorrect assumptions about people spending on this game, as well as grossly overestimating the kind of effects this would actually have. If you'd been paying attention, you'd notice that there is a gem sale up practically every week now. That means that the people who are actually hoarding gems this might affect are either on a) on budget, or b) playing really smart, i.e. strictly buying the best value (which are actually the cheaper ones, fyi), probably through Amazon.
      If you can easily afford what you want, this is even less of an issue; you can just buy when you need and spend the rest of your time gem broke, not to mention augment packs and medal packs with orbs are readily available. Even if they weren't, I don't know a serious spender who isn't sitting on a dragon's hoard of SAQs, either on their on account or on their alts. The only change I can see happening is maaaybe they'd be less inclined to run those keys solo. Barring both those scenarios, they'd have no problem spending all their paid gems; they can always buy more.

Also, I think you're forgetting this: powercreep sucks for everyone because it diminishes the work you put into your account, be that money or time. It might be profitable now, but eventually people will become exhausted and move on. (Though considering that they've got much newer games, this might not be considered a bad thing.) However, your 'solution' isn't actually about fixing powercreep, it's about lessening the gap between the f2p and p2w at the expense of the p2w (you know, your fellow players, also integral the the continued existence of the game.)
      If we're actually addressing powercreep, then then smart thing to do would be to BETTER REWARD LONG TIME PLAYERS so that they can more easily keep their accounts relevant and are more likely to keep playing. If we're actually talking about lessening the gap between the f2p and p2w, then having farmable events that can actually be fully completed without spending money, as well as improving free and low cost spawns (featured special spawn wya) would be a good start. Personally, I'd love to see some kind of low cost monthly spawn gives you a random gear that was released in the past month or something. Sure none of these would completely close the gap, but until you manage to abolish capitalism, that's probably something we're gonna have to live with.

And before I forget...
      You're welcome!
      Last edited by Peppermintiger; 05-17-2019, 05:27 PM.
      IGN: Dux • Orionoiro
      UL ID: 2127860702
      Soldier/Mage
      Come quest with me!

Comment

• Saelc
        Saelc commented
        Editing a comment
        welcomed for what? that doesnt fix anything, that just allows p2w to get even stronger by giving them more acess to stuff. And rewards to f2p for what? not spending money at all in the game? smh. pls learn gaming and bussiness mechanics. smh.... you're welcome.

• Saelc
        Saelc commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay here is a more detailed response of how our proposal may work in the game, since many of you "forumers" either hate this post cause of your negative attitude or either just trolling my post with down votes and hate. smh.

My proposal is to create free gems and PAID GEMS tracker that will limit the drop of materials from ALL QUESTS whether it be from Key Quest or Regular Quest if said person has too much PAID GEMS on hand. I am limiting whales who hoard over thousand of gems, waiting to use em to spawn upcoming content that they want. A majority of the time they only need half or less than half to spawn the things they want leaving them with way more gems. This is what happens when you limit P2W

Current Gap
        ----F2P-------------------P2W
        =====|12345678910|=====

New Gap: Decrease Drop rate for P2W
        -----F2P---------P2W
        =====|12345|=====
        This does not hurt F2P or infrequent buyers because they can use up all their paid gems trying to spawn what they want. P2W almost never use up their paid gems because they buy to much of it. What this might cause P2W to do is buy packs with mats instead of buying just gems. This would be like in the Real world, taxing the wealthy more and leaving the nonrich alone.

THE PROPOSAL OF THIS PEPPERMINTIGER:

Current Gap
        ------F2P-----------------P2W
        =====|12345678910|=====

New Gap: Increase Farmable event at less cost and LOW COST SPAWNS?
        ---------------F2P-------------------------P2W
        ==========|1234567891012345|==========
        You allowed F2P and P2W to both progressed farther, and allowed P2W to SPAWN MORE than they do! This is like saying in the REAL World to give everyone a 10% raise and tax cuts no matter the amount of money they are currently making thus increasing the gap even more and causing inflation. smh

So there, You're Very Much Welcome for my enlightenment.
        Last edited by Saelc; 05-18-2019, 05:08 PM.

UL Forums should be renamed to Comedy Central
      Truly Retired [ Yangire | Limitless | TrippyTurtles | ZERO ] - Providing the most natural and organic experiences and opinions.

Comment

Not a good idea, Its would be unfair to people that spend money on UL, Even i did spend some money back to 2015, I think.

Because think, People that spend money are supporting the game by buying gems and bundles on UL, This makes Ateam to continue their game without closing the services, UL might reach his end one day, but that won't happen so earlier.

Whales getting hard to get more GS while Free to play gets quickly? That would be really unfair to them.

I'm sorry, But i don't agree with you on this, For someone that have been playing nearly 4 years now and have around 750k GS as Free to Play, I suggest you think more.

Comment

• Saelc
          Saelc commented
          Editing a comment
          Whales have harder drop rates to advance gs, only if they hoard paid gems, and they also are able to get new content gear quickly and easly because they are whales.
          F2P wont get new content gear easily because they free to play. they will get normal drop rates, letting them catch up.
          Whales wont leave the game, theyd just readjust and adapt. simple.

TLDR;
          P2W = less drop rates, normal spawn rates with their hoard of paid gems.

F2P = Normal drop rates, normal horrid f2p spawn rates with their measley save up gems.

sounds fair too me, would absolutly close the gap closer together. You're Welcome!

• BlueDragonSonder
          BlueDragonSonder commented
          Editing a comment
          Still a no, You're Welcome seems sarcasm to be honest.

Game should work all the same to everone, If someone wants to buy gems to have a little advantage, they can do that, Like i said, They are supporting the game to go on without closing the services, Doing something like that would completely make people that pay give up. In fact, I have see people leaving the game even though they paid alot to stay on top.

In fact, I have fought several people that did purchases on Colosseum and GB, Its very interessing to be honest, You aren't from 2015 to say this ''A fix to all powercreep''.

In other words, You're ''Welcome!''

There's no need to punish those who support the game & cash to get stronger. F2p should just work harder instead of searching for ways to make it easier.

I totally disagree with this.

Comment

We've all given you constructive criticism (admittedly some more rudely than others) and you haven't addressed any of the problems with your proposal.
          Your idea might become more feasible if you try altering it to address the issues we've all pointed out, but you haven't.

I don't ask this to be mean or start any fights, so please address the problems I am seeing (one by one):

(1) Augment mats are extremely easy to acquire outside of drops. Legend medals, crystal medals, super augment quest keys, event medals, treasure medals, expedition limin, etc. This is not including the fact that most packs frequently purchased by people that are increasing the gap include 10s of Limin Kings and other augment materials. You stated that they should add expiration dates on them, which doesn't make since because (a) most already have that and (b) decreasing the duration of the expiration date literally only hurts F2P.
          (2) Your idea is (incorrectly) assuming that the people who vastly increase the gap have to even worry about hoarding gems. The real whales will splurge hundreds of dollars in a single sitting for a spawn they anticipated. If you watch youtubers such as Kaos and Smexivan, they repurchased gems multiple times in their videos only to immediately spend every one of them on the spawn. If anything, it will punish a player who tries to intelligently purchase gems during special events and save them in anticipation for good spawns (which is imo kind of pro-whale).
          (3) This isn't a criticism so much as a complaint: Pepperminttiger's idea about improving farmable events and free/low cost spawns is the definition of pro-F2P, but you dismissed it with a huge assumption that whales would even care about these improvements. Whales don't need to farm events, or rely on special spawns. They splurge for scrolls, rolls treasure spawns to get the strongest weapons/armors, and buy ether packs to infuse. I'm making an assumption myself, but I highly doubt whales would experience and increase in power level from better farmable monsters/gear.
          (4) How does this, in any way directly or indirectly, benefit Ateam as a company? They will need money to improve the game we already have.
          (5) Gems are certainly more difficult to get than augmats. The difference is so great that I don't see how this will benefit F2P directly. You will need to help F2P to get better gear if you want to close the gap. Simply delaying the rate at which whales acquire power will not magically increase that rate at which F2P will gain power. The gap will not be closed because F2P will still need gems to get better gear. From this angle, the solution would be improving spawns.

Comment

• Saelc
            Saelc commented
            Editing a comment
            1) As ive said somewhere above, for medals they can set expiration dates for them to be weekly or monthy, so those gems have to use or they get turned to gem shards or gems that would help f2p. Its not like f2p are benefiting by hoarding them up as much as p2w are. So basically it would hurt P2W more for hoarding. I guess this could be a antihoarding suggestion.

2) those whales you stated are so low in numbers (1% or less) compared to the many whales that buy gems and packs in advance to get a good sales deal, these whales are the main target.

3) there are still things that need to be farmed that cannot be bought. if there rates are lower for lets say a green passa they need, theyd have to spend hours to farm em.

4) It benefits because lower gap equals more fun equals more players equals more whales spending money on packs for mats if not farming.

5) To whales everything is easyier to get, which is why they need to be limited.

2)

Terrible idea imo. It wouldn't close the gap between f2p and whales becuz whales will just be able to avoid this kind of setback. It's only punishing players who buy gems to hoard for good spawns which is strategic in overcoming the lack of ability to whale immediately for a specific spawn. This isn't targeting the gap betweem whales and f2p. This is just punishing players for buying gems to spawn for gear they way. Ateam would never implement this lol. Honestly, f2p players mean literally nothing to a company that is just getting revenue from whale players. So who cares about f2p players who can't utilize the f2p lifestyle? My bf is f2p 800k archer with 380 gems saved up so he can "whale" for a good spawn. There will always be a gap between f2p and whales. If you don't choose to spend, don't complain about those who choose to. Don't play the game if its not fun for the f2p. As a near f2p player myself, I still find the game enjoyable even with the power creep. You just have to work hard and play smartly to be on par with whales. Of course, it'd be great if there was a way to slow the power creep but unlikely an implement that Ateam would choose to do.

Comment

Let's just end this debate in the easiest way possible.

YA CAN'T PUNISH PEOPLE FOR SUPPORTING THE GAME!!!

There done. Now let's move on. I am f2p, and while I agree the power creep is ridiculous. It's their money. If they want to buy gems, and get strong that way. It's their right. Punishing people for supporting the game. Makes about as much sense, as making ya have to pay. For coming up with this ideas. Ya wouldn't like it either...

So let's not try to punish the guys who actually keep the game going. If ya want to be as strong as a whale. Just spend money. If ya can't. Then ya can't complain ya weaker. Just enjoy the game without whale powers.

Comment

• Keiryu
              Keiryu commented
              Editing a comment
              Really... OK. Let's talk serious then.

1. Let's face it. No company cares if non paying customers leave. That's not how ya run a business...

2. Who cares if the F2P leave. The ones who leave because PEOPLE WHO SPEND MONEY are better than NON-SPENDERS. Obviously don't care enough about the game.

3. That isn't a fix. Ya can't stop power creeps like that. Because augment mats don't actually do jack in this game. Even if ya had to reforge a 1000 gears...

4. This idea is dumb. So poo on ya for suggesting it.

There now ya made me officially poo on this idea. Can we move on. I don't even have to try to explain why it's bad for business to punish the people who PAY YA SALARIES... But to give a dumb example because I can. It would be like *insert generic food place* offering to spit in ya face with every order... It wouldn't help their business.

Now we move on and this will be forgotten and left to rot under the pile of "Plox makes this collab cause I weallu weally lick Mai waifu in it" posts and we never talk about it again.

Also. Before anyone gets the wrong idea. I am not mad or anything. I am just not gonna take a bad idea serious enough. Heck I could simply say "This idea is poo." and I still win any argument thrown at me for this suggestion... In fact.

This idea is poo.

• Saelc
              Saelc commented
              Editing a comment
              F2p make up the majority, so if they all leave youd have only a few hundreds or thousand or however many whale the game has playing, which wouldnt be fun or greate for the game sonce everything would look so empty. so f2p do matter.

if augments and other farmed material dont do jack as you claim, there should be no problem in limiting the amount drop for whales.

your not punishing people who pay your salary, your fixing your game, therefore i dont understand why your so upset. if the games spiraling into broken territory, fix it, which may cost a few sacrafices.

• Keiryu
              Keiryu commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry I couldn't hear ya over the sound of this idea being poo.

What. I told ya I would still win any argument with that phrase. But let me address it again. Since ya seem to like to talk for everyone. Despite everyone disagreeing with ya.

1. Nope F2P won't leave. Again. I am F2P. So are the majority of the people I know. None of them are gonna leave. That goes for most F2P who actually like the game. So unless ya talking about ya self leaving. I have no idea which F2P ya talking about. The ones who just want to be the strongest without paying the price? Fine with me let them leave.

2. They don't do jack. However. It's not their usefulness that we are debating. It's the fact that ya want to punish people FOR SPENDING MONEY. Are ya saying ya would like getting spit in the face everytime ya go out to buy something? Cause apparently ya don't mind.

3. The game is as broken as any other mobile game. It has been broken since release. Punishing people who spend their hard earned cash or their daddies credit card will not solve it. It's just being a douche to them. Also. Yes ya are punishing people who pay ya salary because they are the ones who keep the game up and running not the F2P. Cause I dunno if ya noticed but free stuff doesn't put food on the table. So ya need paying customers not leeches and this is coming from someone who hasn't spend a dime on UL.

This will be my last post though. I am bored now so congrats consider it ya win if ya want I just wait for this to fall into the butt corner of the forums with the trade and bad collab ideas.

Saelc,

Even with this many different point of views that almost everyone disagree on and you still resume. You`re just trying to increase by suggesting to nerf others. People leaving because of new gear, stronger gear and packs like ethers is the biggest bs I`ve heard in a while. Whenever there is new strong gear, most will try to push their luck to get it.

Just work harder to reach higher if you don`t wanna support the game. I`m just gonna assume that theres no way that f2p is gonna be on the ranking board or anything, but you choose most of the time who you want to fight. If you don`t wanna fight those who whale alot, fight people within your league. Let`s get real.

Comment

• Saelc
              Saelc commented
              Editing a comment
              There comes a time as f2p when you cant advance anyfurther yet, untill game release new content or you spend money. And because of that no matter how "hard" you work anyone spending money will have more advantage. So instead of getting new, exclusive, or limited time gears. Whales also get a big giant stat increase from the new stuff.

I use to spend money every week up untill a couple months ago because new content kept coming out every week or two that made my previous spawn gear seem obsolete. now that i stopped spending money, my gear score fell behind so much, and now im in noob league and noob guilds like the rest of you forumers commenting here.

So in a sense I was punished for not continueing to spend money. Does that seem fair? Ateam is literally punishing people who stops spending money!!!

If ateam implements this fix, the gap closes closer, and no one will feel punished. a simple fix, you're welcome everyone.

• Abyss
              Abyss commented
              Editing a comment
              Support the game, quit complaining or straight up quit if you don`t want to pay more and stay up to date with new gears. Games get new stronger items. Is this your first time playing a game where gear matters or something? Level cap increases. So does quests and the cost of gear pieces. No one is holding a gun to your head and say that you have to fight people way out of your league. You keep going against all these comments trying to convince people that your idea is great. Look at them all. You haven`t agreed on a single point that one of these people made.

"now that i stopped spending money, my gear score fell behind so much, and now im in noob league and noob guilds like the rest of you forumers commenting here."

Straight up ignorant. Keep commenting on all these comments. You`ll make yourself look even more stupid.

You`re welcome.
          Working...
          X