Quest GS requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quest GS requirements

Me and many other players have been noticing the quest getting harder and harder, which I think is due to the top players getting stronger, but the gs requirements haven't changed but the quest are getting harder for example the 120k elite quest i usually take a party of people that are 400k+ and still find it decently challenging to kill the boss same goes for arcadia, but as a new player I'd get discouraged from playing when I'd find out that after reaching 150k I wouldn't be able to complete a 120k elite quest and would most likely get kicked from parties

So I'd like to suggest adding higher gs requirement quest while lowering the difficulties of the lower required quest, I was thinking of something along the lines of a 400k/500/700k for older players who've been playing the game for a longer amount of time. The older players and top players would have more difficult quests that are challenging for then and the 120k/240k/270k quests would be for newer players who just started and would have an easier quest that are corresponding to their strength and gs
    I just think players who are 3/4 times stronger then the requirement of a quest shouldnt struggle on that quest but have a quest that is corresponding to their strength, its just feels like the quest requirements are a huge lie
    Last edited by RuuRuu; 01-01-2019, 04:29 PM.

I agree, to an extent.
    Most old players use sets with elementals thag lower their gs, so make the hardest one like 450k+

Comment

I mean, you might be able to clear at the listed gs minimum with a perfect ele set (I have not tested this). This is especially important for carrying people and such or helping out friends through difficult content.

Personally, I think that the gs requirements are fine by are fairly misleading

I’d just give a required gear score and a recommended... but honestly ele stats means someone 200k gs lower can be just as useful (only if comparing insane amounts vs 0 of course)

Comment

Um...no. The GS requirements are supposed to be the absolute minimum you need to clear a quest: that means if you're to have a hope of making it with those numbers, your sets are gonna hafta be elemental (and probably expensive and perfect.) Also, you overestimate the number of people who can even quest at 700k+ (most of whom shouldn't be.) To put it in perspective, personally, I can make that, but all my elemental sets are AT LEAST 100k under that.
        Considering elemental sets are all I wear anymore, quests don't seem much harder than they used to; I've simply had to be more discerning with who I take with me. UL isn't bad at adjusting correctly for levels, and as we got 'harder' quests, we also got more costs, more levels, a free spawn, better gear that offers higher stats, & better spawns. The last two are really only available if you're willing to spend, and if they were to raise the GS requirements, that's what you'd need to get through all the hardest quests (and it's bad enough now, with just 40c.)
        Right now, if you're having trouble clearing something: lv up, free spawn for elemental gear, farm quests for weapons, or save gems to buy the drink to readjust your build. The less money you have to spend, the more diligently you gotta farm if you don't wanna fall behind.
        TL;DR: Quests don't need adjusting; If you can't make it, get good.
        IGN: Dux • Orionoiro
        UL ID: 2127860702
        Soldier/Mage
        Come quest with me!

Comment

• Deus Vult
          Deus Vult commented
          Editing a comment
          To be honest to get the right amount of elemental gear for a specific quest you have to be a whale. Simply because there aren’t any recent elemental spawns that are F2P friendly. So if your already buying gems your gearscore will probably be already much more than requirement for the quest you need. Take it from someone who is free to play and has been playing since November. Most of my gear is dark and I don’t see no light quest coming soon. So yes please raise the requirements, To get the right elements is hard enough. Multiple people who don’t have the right elements but are twice or even three times the requirement get one shot instantly in Arcadia. Hell Im more than twice the requirement but i steer clear of that hell. Am I and all those people not “good” enough? Seriously that few 3% of players of happened to get the right elements for a specific quest but are barely passed the gearscore requirement will get kicked in parties anyway.

• Peppermintiger
          Peppermintiger commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Peppermintiger View Post
          Right now, if you're having trouble clearing something: lv up, free spawn for elemental gear, farm quests for weapons, or save gems to buy the drink to readjust your build. The less money you have to spend, the more diligently you gotta farm if you don't wanna fall behind..
          I really needed to say this again, since you've only been playing since November. There's this wonderful thing called a free spawn that you should be doing every. single. day. in order to get that sweet elemental gear. If you're playing smart and you've been around a while, you'll eventually be able to clear the content. If you're expecting to be able to clear high level content after only a few months without whaling, this is not the game for you. You can afford to drop your gs for whatever elemental gear you need, since that's what those of us who regularly clear such content are actually looking for.
          If you can't? Then the answer to your question is yes.
      Working...
      X