About 6th ring for archers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 6th ring for archers

I've read about the upcoming 6th ring and I noticed a really broken ability that archers have. Called Astrolabe, cost 15 with 6 seconds cooldown. Hits 5 times on single target random physical or magical attack ability power 150(160 with combo) PIERCING damage and ignores nullify damage effects.
    First isn't this straight up broken? I know it's not out yet but if it is everyone would be playing archers again. Comparing this skill with the skills of other classes, archers are the only class with a new piercing and ignore null ability and it never misses. While other 6th ring classes, Ateam just slapped on multihits and adding mdef,def into the damage equation with Debuffs and buffs and no special effects like piercing. It is possible to debuff the archer and buff yourself to survive that broken skill but, wouldn't you need to survive it more than once to do that?

I am not playing JPUL and don't know if the info we have about those skill is accurate, but you said that archer are the only class with a new piercing and ignore null and never misses, but have you seen Crystal Slash (soldier) ? looking at this post it does piercing physical dmg ignoring null : https://forum.a-tm.co.jp/forum/uniso...nt-and-updates

anyway, maybe it's not piercer and just ignore null, it would need comfirmation from someone who play JPUL and can check those skills

I can't say much about fixing thing because I don't know for sure what those skills do
    700-900k+ GS main archer (vary with an elemental set) ; idk wut k+ GS all other class (was playing them all)
    ID: 2042972836 in case u wanna ask me stuff in game or stalk me idk

> check my Field effect post if you got time, thx ( updated with elemental attack and Collapse )

First Fire Mobius (4/14/2016 - 4/20/2016) : Rank 1 ( Total Points ; Group A )

Comment

Crystal Slash
      Ability Cooldown: 7
      Ability Cost: 15
      Ability Description:
      [Can only be used when a Sword is in your Main Slot]
      Ability Power 130. Deals physical piercing damage that ignores damage nullifying effects to one enemy 5 times.
      Added Effect: Increases the Unison Gauge of your character by 3.
      Combo effect: When used after Iron Fortress, Ability Power 150. Deals physical piercing damage that ignores damage nullifying effects to one enemy 5 times.
      Added Effect: Increases the Unison Gauge of your character by 5.

DO note that astrolabe depends on Atk -> OR

Comment

As far as single target damage, Soldier will be dealing more damage to a single target no questions asked.

What's ACTUALLY broken about Astrolabe is that it's random targets. If our PvP health bars stay the exact same, it will be totally possible for an archer to one-shot all 5 people with a single Astrolabe.

Ofc I trust ATeam to boost our pvp health but who knows?

EDIT: I misread Astrolabe, it says "attack an enemy randomly with magical or physical damage" and I took it as random enemies oops
        Last edited by GrimTony; 12-16-2018, 08:02 PM. Reason: I misread Astrolabe :D

Comment

• niconutela
          niconutela commented
          Editing a comment
          I heard that it probably was random target, but why does it have < reduce target cost by 5/10 > if it's random, hum

so does it reduce the cost of each target hit or is it not random, would need to be sure about what it does

edit : o ok, no prob
          Last edited by niconutela; 12-16-2018, 08:40 PM.

• GrimTony
          GrimTony commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah you're right. my bad. It's not random targets.

I think you can get reflect damage with this skill from i’ve seen in jp UL videos

Comment

• niconutela
          niconutela commented
          Editing a comment
          Deus Vult it make sense if the skill don't have piercer tho ( I haven't seen any jpul testing/video yet so idk ), can't be 100% sure if it pierce or nop with translation

• Cherif
          Cherif commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw in a video how the crystal slash and astrolabe skill got reflected..it looks like these only ignores null procs(not sure) but these skills doesnt ignore reflect or dmg down procs its so weird

• Deus Vult
          Deus Vult commented
          Editing a comment
          Mhmm than it probably doesn’t does piercing, at least I won’t have to fear to archers come next year.

I think you still take reflect damage from that skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Ame_Shiroya View Post
          I've read about the upcoming 6th ring and I noticed a really broken ability that archers have. Called Astrolabe, cost 15 with 6 seconds cooldown. Hits 5 times on single target random physical or magical attack ability power 150(160 with combo) PIERCING damage and ignores nullify damage effects.
          First isn't this straight up broken? I know it's not out yet but if it is everyone would be playing archers again. Comparing this skill with the skills of other classes, archers are the only class with a new piercing and ignore null ability and it never misses. While other 6th ring classes, Ateam just slapped on multihits and adding mdef,def into the damage equation with Debuffs and buffs and no special effects like piercing. It is possible to debuff the archer and buff yourself to survive that broken skill but, wouldn't you need to survive it more than once to do that? Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
          I figure you can get reflect harm with this aptitude from i've seen in jp UL recordings
          Last edited by rossi; 01-13-2019, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X