Colosseum Needs an Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colosseum Needs an Update

Ok I'm sure I'm not the only one here that thinks this but Colosseum really needs an update. Simply put having anyone level 150 and above fighting each other is just plain unfair especially with the level cap being increased as time goes on. Though honestly colosseum ranks shouldn't be based on level, they should be based on gear score. I've seen people who are level 150 but are only 300k gear score, and considering there are people who are as high as 900k gear score in the game that doesn't seem fair at all. Instead of the rank you fall in being level based it should be gear score based, maybe every 100k is a ranking. like 0 - 100k then 100k - 200k and 200k - 300k and so on. Maybe not exactly like that but something along those lines.

My second complaint is regarding unison in colosseum. I've seen it happen many times, in the rare instances my team is actually winning it usually turns out the 3rd round the other team just using all their unis and making a complete comeback just on unison alone. I think the amount of points unison gives you should be reduced, a team shouldn't be able to win on just using unison 3rd round. Furthermore it doesn't seem right someone could pull out a strong cost 34 or 35 monster and one-shot a whole team on that one unison alone. I think a good fix to both the issue with the amount of points given and how much damage a unison does is simply to nerf unison in colosseum. The amount of damage a unison does should be reduced, they would not only prevent one-shot unisons but also help balance out the amount of points received for unison damage.

I think overall some sort of fix is needed. Within a pvp environment ateam should keep in mind their free to play players. Not all of us can get lucky with spawns to get a strong monster and not all of us have the money to whale on a spawn either. So I say let the whales with high gear scores fight it out and those who aren't so lucky with lower gear scores fight it out separately.

Call upon my name, and release thy rage!
    Show the strength of thy will to ascertain all on thy own,
    ​though thou be chained to hell itself!

I think that the idea of having gear score brackets could be an easier way to match people up better. I doubt that they will need how much damage unison attacks do and points that they give. It is entirely possible to survive full unison attacks as almost any class. The original 5 can do it for sure by equipping the unison reduction gear and having physical/magical armor up gear on. The unison reduction gear is also a lot easier to awaken compared to the weapons because they require a lot less colo and mobius medals. There are also the new unison priority monsters that can help teams survive.

Comment

• Midnight_Joker
      Midnight_Joker commented
      Editing a comment
      That is true, that there is the unison reduction gear but by experience of the last 2-3 times colosseum has been around it seems to me it either doesn't do much or people just don't have it. Also unison priority monsters are pretty rare, let's be honest, I've seen one used once so far in this round of colosseum. Maybe not for unison to be nerfed as much though as I think that a team shouldn't be able to win on unison alone in the third round, and trust me there's an extremely low chance of surviving 4-5 unisons, not even I enjoy winning in this manner.

Alright so first off, so many people have complained about it being based on level. If it was based on GS it could be way worse since players could just high def/mdef rook at 99K meaning they could tank and deal damage or they could go full mage with 90K matk and just meatball them to death.

Also separating the whales and non-whales is dumb.
    Whales spend money so they could flaunt their gear around, help out other players, or just use it to get a little edge over their luck. If you remove what makes whales happy then they won't spend and this game will eventually die out.

Also about not having good monsters...
    Ateam has been throwing us step up monsters spawns like it's no big deal. With 45 gems you could get 32 cost monsters or higher. (It also seems like it's only gonna be 33c from here on out but I could be wrong). And while the chance of this is notoriously bad, you could still theoretically be able to achieve a 34c monster from video spawn.

Comment

• Midnight_Joker
      Midnight_Joker commented
      Editing a comment
      Regarding whales, being happy I said nothing of them not participating. I only meant for them to participate with those on the same level as them, I think anyone would rather fight someone more on their level than someone that's much weaker than them or stronger than them. And sure with the gear score issue, people could put all their numbers into one or two stats, if that's what you're implying, but it would put them at a disadvantage still. Even if a mage put in a bunch of MATK, they'd just be easier to kill. And it's true they've been putting forth better spawns, but the chances of obtaining a cost 34 or higher monster from those are still risky and on top of that you most likely won't get the stats you need. Don't mistake me, I'm not complaining about not having good monsters.

It's not 150 and above. It's 180 and above. And I'm a whale and if you separate by GS, all I'm gonna do is simply NOT aug my gear to max and force myself into a lower bracket lol.

Only thing I agree with is that the rate of unison gains should be reduced. As it stands, you gain bonus unison gauge if your team's BP is under the enemy team's BP. I have SEEN people on the enemy side, when there was a TH or two, simply not do anything at all. They wouldn't attack, they would just guard if they were taking a lot of damage. And this is because if they attacked, they'd be gaining BP for their team, which risks the THs to gain less potential uni. I think this is absurd.
    Last edited by GrimTony; 11-13-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Midnight_Joker
      Midnight_Joker commented
      Editing a comment
      It's slightly disappointing hearing someone openly admit that they would do that. But you'd still be making yourself weaker to fit into a lower bracket, and if you want to put yourself in a lower bracket with less rewards than a higher one you could potentially be in that's your choice. I'd still rather fight a weaker version of someone than of them at their fullest potential. And whales would be less whales, even if they still had an high cost mon, it's less likely to be potentialed fully in a lower bracket. Also if they were fix the unsion problem with how much points are given then I wouldn't be so bothered by the op mons.

• Miss Bliss
      Miss Bliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Midnight, there would be tons of people doing this. I agree that the matchmaking can be a bit unbalanced, but using GS won't make it any better, in fact it would be worse.
Working...
X