Break Thrust Versus Defensive Procs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break Thrust Versus Defensive Procs?

When I tried Break Thrust back when 4th class rings were just released, I thought it wouldn't proc enemy P.Damage Down/P.Reflection/Reflection XL skills, but it did. That made me dismiss Break Thrust as a useless move since it only has use against targets under barrier or reflect buffs, and defensive procs worked against it. (At least at the time)

But when I was unfortunate enough to get matched up against Zodiac (#7 A Block) in the first battle today, their Lancers used it against my guild, and I noticed it didn't trigger any P.Damage Down/P.Reflection/Reflection XL procs on my side. (Just wanted my gem)

Thought Zodiac's Lancers were using Break Thrust just because the animation looks cool, since Sting and Savage Sting clearly outdamage it. Even top Lancers like [MC] Berserker use Break Thrust if you ever fought against/with him in Colo matches. Were they all up to something?

So on the second match, I decided to give Break Thrust a second chance. There were a few Soldiers on the opposing team, one of them having the Avsaris Set. Every time I hit the Avsaris Set Soldier with Double Sting or Basic Attack, it'll often trigger one of her defensive procs like Avsaris's Glory. But when I used Break Thrust, it didn't trigger any of her procs. Same goes for everyone else whenever I used Break Thrust against them. When they used double Nyx on my guild, Break Thrust got its damage decreased from it due to the ATK debuff, so the "damage down abilities" part in its description only applies to barrier buffs or damage down procs, not debuffs.

Thinking it was just dumb luck that it didn't trigger defensive procs every time I used it, I tried Break Thrust again during the third match. There was a Mage frontline with 2 Clerics and an entire Archer backline. Again, Break Thrust didn't trigger the defensive procs the Mages had, including the Clerics I damaged with it from time to time.

However, just two battles where I used Break Thrust frequently doesn't seem like it was enough testing to reach a suitable conclusion. I have a feeling the Mages didn't have much P.Damage Down/P.Reflection/Reflection XL procs equipped to begin with, and I felt like I only got really lucky that Break Thrust didn't trigger a defensive proc in two battles.

tl ; dr

Did they stealth buff Break Thrust long ago so that it ignores defensive procs now? Or was I just lucky, and defensive procs still trigger against it?

Just confused with this last-minute testing, so take it with a grain of salt. Unless you tried Break Thrust and had positive results...

IGN: FN || Leaf ID: 2042811095

This Is How You DO Play Lancers

Originally posted by LaconicLeaf View Post
    Even top Lancers like [MC] Berserker use Break Thrust if you ever fought against/with him in Colo matches. Were they all up to something?[/FONT]
    Top lancers like Berserker - wait what?

Also if you read the ability description for break thrust, it says that it is not affected by Damage Down or Damage Reflect abilities.
    Last edited by Omega; 04-07-2016, 12:10 AM.
    Too casual for signatures...

Comment

• LaconicLeaf
      LaconicLeaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I meant in the sense that I remember seeing him place high in Colo, at least. At least that's what I remember when I did Colo twice to get my Cost Recovery weapon.

And yes, I'm aware of the description. Although when it first came out, I remembered Break Thrust triggering a P.Damage Down ability, which made me have second thoughts. (Unless that was a bug that they fixed)
      Last edited by LaconicLeaf; 04-07-2016, 12:18 AM.

• Shanoa
      Shanoa commented
      Editing a comment
      LaconicLeaf Hmm I think you've mixed them up, you must be thinking about Masesq/Executioner.
      And yeah Break Thrust ignores defensive procs, I'm pretty sure it also goes through Mirror Guard and Barriers too but I might be wrong on that last bit, haven't used it that much

• LaconicLeaf
      LaconicLeaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Shanoa Yeah, think I mixed them up.

And yes, it goes through Barrier and Mirror Guard buffs, which is what I thought was its main use to begin with. Ever saw pesky monsters like Kotaro or Jabberwock use their reflects, and a Lancer hits right through them with Break Thrust? lol

Only other move I know of that hits through reflect/damage down procs/buffs is Archer's Spinning Snipe, which may explain its high cost.
      Last edited by LaconicLeaf; 04-07-2016, 11:22 AM.

Break thrust is the strongest lancer PvP skill at the moment, it isnt affected by downs and reflects and barriers, only by nulls and guard. The reason why it wasnt used much is the lack of items that would proc it(only heart of break and ptestament and they have low proc chance). Now apollo set and rgb 2 lance fixed that and you will see it being used more and more

Comment

• LaconicLeaf
      LaconicLeaf commented
      Editing a comment
      *Stares at the two Heart of the Thrust Lances I transmutated away*

Think I'm having some buyer's remorse over them, but then again, the transmutation gave me a 26 cost P.Testiment Lance...

• Shiki
      Shiki commented
      Editing a comment
      Well heart proc is like double the testament one, so it was certainly a loss to transmute them, but atleast ptestament is more flexible, since it affects all skills. Still right now I dont think its the best idea to throw away the heart of thrust lances
Working...
X