X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for lancer

Hi all!
    This i my actual situation...lvl. 96

My plans were to replace Renball with UR Quetzalcoal....
    Plus i have Helm of Brynhildr and Captain's Hat....
    Any suggestion? I read that is better having like 4 monsters and more def gear, but i followed the guide published here, so i'm asking you what would be better....
    Ty!
    Last edited by [MOD] Carren; 04-05-2016, 07:35 AM.

As a lancer you want to run 6/3/3/6, so make sure you have 6 lances and 6 monsters, the best monster for you is Apollo, you might need to get 6 of him for best results.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      And this is why lancers cry that their class sucks

I agree with ferrellion
    The soon to come 34 red will be very useful for you, and a bit more mdef wouldn't be too bad, but that's not the priority here
    More red mons and haste mons (both increase att, but prioritize the red ones)
    If you get lucky infuse some gear as well
    Retired player An adept faction member to the end Another quote from me: Fake people have an image to maintain, real people just dont care

Comment

Well, for Guild Battle i have another set, with Apollo and Alice as monsters....
      I like using different type of monsters....as you can see i use Fire, Wind and Haste (i'm waiting for Jabberwock, that damn :/) since all of them give Physic Attack,,,,, i use also a blu monster for defense...
      Of Six Wepon 2 are infused and one is gonna be infused soon

Comment

The best advice to give you is to not go 6 3 3 6 like suggested, as this build is only reccomended for mage and cb archers. Unless you're willing to spend about $5000 so you can actually reach enough power to one shot people (jk hp pool is too high now, suck it) and stack reflect XLs, do not bother with a glass built lancer. You'll just find yourself on the forum crying on how weak they are compared to every other class

Comment

• Lynnette
          Lynnette commented
          Editing a comment
          So better sacrifice some cost on monster and put them in defense?
          I have more Head Gear then Body Gear, so i should put them there....

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          yes. you still want 6 weapons, as that HUGE boost to lance and the attack procs are irreplaceable. take 2 pets out and make a build suck as 6 4 5 4 by level 110. (doesnt have to be 4 helms 5 armors just 9 defensive total).

• Grey
          Grey commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally in agreement here. Lancers are breakers. That's our role. And you can't break if you're dead.

For the love of god dont run 6 3 4 6 , I`m still crying that i spent gems to re-allocate cost only to end being nowhere as a lancer. HP is too high now to be able to one shot anything, reflects and charisma screws any chance to do considerable damage, and if you run 6 3 4 6, then expect to die in 2 seconds. Lancer is all about tankiness and break thrusts now

Comment

Since i would like to keep the Blue Monster Siren, can i take her instead of a defense gear? i know that in this way i will lose a proc from a defensive gear....

Comment

• Shiki
            Shiki commented
            Editing a comment
            Can help against uni damage since its not affected by def procs but that's it

• Lynnette
            Lynnette commented
            Editing a comment
            kk, ty, i will think about a new build then....

thing is people need to hit hard in a single hit to get over other player's defenses, which was why lancer is so strong for new and mid-tier players.
          but now people have so many weapon procs that it is very easy to hit over a player's defenses...
          so early on, lancers will be hitting bricks because they put all of their damage into one hit at a time
          but then archer arrows and mage meteors will pass up and run laps around Lancer's DPS
          Nemurerumori / Sword / Fujin
          Guild: COLOSSUS
          Game ID: 2017106838
          ----- ID: Slypheed
          Password: 123456

Comment

I would go against what vzReo has suggested and stick with the 6/4/3/6 build if you favor PVE over PVP.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't forget, you can equip two 2 cost monsters in place of those missing spots. If you know what quest you are doing, those 2 costed can give you 10% more damage to that element. That's very important.

• Nemurerumori
              Nemurerumori commented
              Editing a comment
              there's 1 cost elemental limimins in the FP spawn

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              meant to say that. I typed double 2, rip. But yea, even better.

vzReo Hiii! I always see you reply to lancer stuff! Can you help me?
            I have a 6/3/4/6 build and not enough gems to reset ><
            Would it be good to replace my apollos with Avsaris/Yukime?

Alsoooo my weapon setup rn is
            1 Apollos Weapon, 2 physical testament xl, 2 heart of spear, and cost recovery..

When I get my guild weapon should I replace cost recovery or one of the testaments? Is running with 1 testament ok?

Thankyew in advance!

Comment

• Kayane
              Kayane commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh and I have a double sting Lance too.... I could use it for infusions right?

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Nooooo keep keep keep keeeeep cost recovery. It is amazing for pve lancer. Yes you can use water pets but it won't be as effective as more defense gear, especially a constant. Run 2 sting combos (sting+sav, sav+double) attack stance, and either knights blitz or a situational (like heavens breath to use in case of emergencies(do not just use it off cd). What you want to do is first focus on breaking your target, and then spamming basic attack. With attack stance and Joan this is 100ap spam for 5 cost, and any cost recovery proc makes it free. If you get enough free cost feel free to add blitzes for cost dump but that basic attack is your main source of damage after break (also keeping your stings off cool down to reset break ASAP is goals.) If you run with someone that uses shina, o you can get your hands on a fatal sword/ fatal armor, remember lancer do more critical damage than the other classes, so you can pull off a lot of damage on the side role of breaking.

Originally posted by Kayane View Post
            vzReo Hiii! I always see you reply to lancer stuff! Can you help me?
            I have a 6/3/4/6 build and not enough gems to reset &amp;gt;&amp;lt;
            Would it be good to replace my apollos with Avsaris/Yukime?

Alsoooo my weapon setup rn is
            1 Apollos Weapon, 2 physical testament xl, 2 heart of spear, and cost recovery..

When I get my guild weapon should I replace cost recovery or one of the testaments? Is running with 1 testament ok?

Thankyew in advance!
            For PvE, you'd want to have at least 4 Heart of the Spears or its derivatives (like the RGB weapons or the Solar Lance) so it procs often. So something like:

- Apollo's Favor XL (1)
            - Heart of the Spear (4)
            - Cost Recovery/Physical Testiment (user preference; you have offensive armor skills in main slots anyways)

...would still suffice. But in GvGs, Physical Testiments are viable since you can use moves other than your Stings like Break Thrust or Knight's Blitz, which are impractical for PvE content. (Break Thrust is too situational, for the embarrassing moments like when a Kotaro lives with 30% HP left and casts reflect. Knight's Blitz has poor DPS compared to Attack Stance basic attack)

Unfortunately, you'd still have to cost reset in the long run. Avsaris/Yukime only give raw Def and MDef stats, and armors are infusable, unlike monsters. Plus, class armor passives cause them to give more stats than monsters would. Defensive gear procs/constants are also more significant than raw stats when tanking hits in GvG.

For Lancers, their armor passives help boost Helms the most, then Armors, then Clothing (if you use the subtrait).

As for that Double Sting Lance... If it's the Nezha one (boosts Double Sting and nothing else), then yeah, infuse it.
            Last edited by LaconicLeaf; 04-12-2016, 08:13 PM.

IGN: FN || Leaf ID: 2042811095

This Is How You DO Play Lancers

Comment

• Kayane
              Kayane commented
              Editing a comment
              LaconicLeaf
              Oh wow! I don't think I have anymore heart of spear stuff x-x Thank you for your feedback!!

How about Nezhas Spear? It procs Double Sting, should I just use it for infusions??

• LaconicLeaf
              LaconicLeaf commented
              Editing a comment
              The problem with Double Sting is its proc doesn't work for the predecessor Stings (which are all useful), unlike the Solar Lance, which procs for ALL Stings. Not that good of a tradeoff, since you only have 1 DS proc over 3 Pierce/Sting/S.Sting procs. I'd probably infuse it to one of your Physical Testiment weapons.

Break Thrust is Lancer's greatest ability.
            Nemurerumori / Sword / Fujin
            Guild: COLOSSUS
            Game ID: 2017106838
            ----- ID: Slypheed
            Password: 123456

Comment

I would recommend charged rain it has AoE and tons of damage (refer to my thread)

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                No
            Working...
            X