Questions regarding Unlocking Potential

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding Unlocking Potential

Playing for about 2 months now, farming monsters off of Video Point Spawns and questing Ordeals, I've noticed a surplus in numbers of monsters viable for unlocking potential.

(Side Note: My setup aims to be full-out offensive)

I have Simone, Zephyrus, and a bunch of 25 cost UR monsters, including 3 Poseidons and 2 Behemoths.

I wonder, what is the preferred path for undergoing Unlock Potential? Should I Unlock Potential ONLY on high cost monsters? Should I Unlock Potential using Ordeal monsters as fodder? What monsters should I even use?

I have 2 Unlock Potential Orbs currently, and I fear using them inefficiently.

Thanks

(F2P)

Do not use awakening orbs on Ordeal monsters, if you have dupes of an event monster use them as an awakening fodder for themselves (Ex : Thanatos awakened by another Thanatos)
    JosUL
    Level : 171
    Gearscore : 420k
    MAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Greatest Failure
    me:Star burst go! Magic test xxl x2
    target : lol *magic null*
    me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Comment

oof you human

Comment

I used 7 orbs to unlock all my SUO monsters for stat sticks, but aside from that I'm only using orb on 30c+ spawn monsters. I spent 3 on aladdin, 4 on mary (yes i know it's 29), and I'm saving my remaining 10 for commanders and
        SUN WUKONG
        "After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back."

The Phoenix Shall Rise From The Ashes.

Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing,
        But In Rising Every Time We Fail

Comment

• muda
          muda commented
          Editing a comment
          I also wasted an orb on valk, indra, and Ra feelsbadman. Don't do it

ehnoymanoy I would save your orbs to unlock 30c+ spawn monsters as you said. If simone is a class-stat monster you can feed her fodder if you so desire. Monster orbs are extremely difficult to acquire and are sort of an ''end-game'' item at this point to put the polish on a high class account. By the time you need to use them, much stronger monsters will be out and certainly you'll have acquired better monsters than simone by that point (not saying she's bad, but there's better).

As for what monsters to use, if you do not plan to rank the collab/acquire a max infused king, you should focus all your time and AP on farming the United Offense monsters for your class and taking them to 4th potential. As a mage, this was hetei and vivi for me, and for a long time I carried 7 of them + my throw. I still carry 3 of them today, they're extremely cost efficient and have great stats once potential-ed.

As you progress in the game and get stronger, you will be farming element ordeals to awaken your gear and acquire a blessing set. When you are able to, max potential a 34c monster that has your desired stats; although also decently cost efficient from a GS/cost ration these monsters are a massive cost drain and when you do not have a lot of cost to spare the 28c will help you fit in more gear.

Stay away from 30c ordeal stat sticks, they are essentially obsolete except for stacking elements for end-game carnage quests.

Hope this helps!!

Originally posted by muda View Post
        I used 7 orbs to unlock all my SUO monsters for stat sticks, but aside from that I'm only using orb on 30c+ spawn monsters. I spent 3 on aladdin, 4 on mary (yes i know it's 29), and I'm saving my remaining 10 for commanders and
        SUN WUKONG
        It really does, and thank you!

Comment

If you're f2p then never spend orbs unless it's on something amazing. If you don't know what's amazing or don't have anything that stands out then save longer.
          Hot Mess Express 2086796674

Comment

• BluForrestLeaf
            BluForrestLeaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Or limited time monsters xD

Bump do unlocked potentials transfer over if you use them as fodder?

Comment

• Guruanu
            Guruanu commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have enough orbs they will. For instance I had a 3x sword oratoria monster that I infused into a Bastet and it took 4 orbs but gave me all 4 potentials.

I used min from Wushi before because its worth it for a F2P. All others must go for 31c+ monster from spawn. Acceptable for 30c if you are like missing 1 potential to get the stats.

Comment

Working...
          X