• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SciSensei
    started a topic Guide: F2P and Cost Allocation in Unison League

Guide: F2P and Cost Allocation in Unison League

Hello UL Community,

I'm back here again with another guide, this time specifically aiming to help players learn how to play efficiently with all of the available resources. The guide's primary focus is designed to help people figure out what to farm for, what the optimal F2P options are, and a possible spread for their cost. I hope the guide can help some players use their resources wisely while also helping some experienced players see the potential of some of the less appreciated gears. Though the guide is made for the F2P Players, I believe that the concepts it goes over applies to all players. I also discovered a few cool things that I personally didn't even know about myself until I did the math for it, so please check it out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I was inspired to create this guide since I spent quite a bit of time on the forums/discord/in-game helping players out while seemingly answering the same questions over and over again. Hopefully some veteran players can use this to help guide their friends/guildies while possibly learning a few new things themselves.

With that said, I hope this helps people; I also created a miniature class guide on how to cost/what weapons to aim for, so check that out as well. Please leave any comments, questions, and corrections in the post or hit me up on the forums or in game with a pm. I hope to see you all playing hyper efficiently soon.
    Last edited by SciSensei; 12-01-2017, 11:52 AM.

• 808Rootz
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you SciSensei

• Vegecat
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you thank you thank you! *immediately copies*

Lucky us, the great guide is here!

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    Here is a copy of the final draft I had before I passed it over. I just happened to be browsing while I was doing other work. Good luck people.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

• 808Rootz
    commented on 's reply
    I second this. It had a lot of relevant information.

• Vegecat
    replied
    I request that a copy of SciSensei's guide be made available, both for historical purposes and because much of the info is still relevant. I regret not saving a copy. I'm not sure why the (completely new, with little overlap) guide at this URL had to overwrite this one at all, but if SciSensei's guide could be uploaded elsewhere (or if I could just be emailed a copy or something to show friends), I'd appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    nadav1230 Many people go into Elemental Quests with very low Resistances/Damages and can still do moderately well. Though not 100% F2P/relying on RNG, you would have to hope Video Spawns gives you random Elemental Gears (Low Cost preferably) or if/when you do spawn you get lucky and get some random SSR's to help you out.

As far as elemental damage is concerned, SR =>UR Level Weapons still give 3 elemental damage, these are highly obtainable through F2P Video point Spawning and will net you approximately 15-24 Elemental Damage (Depending on how many you use) I personally have an Athena MainSlot (For Procs) or Yukino Blessing (For Procs and Damage) and put all the rest of my weapons as XenoBow and a bunch of Random Elemental Bows (Regardless of the skill or proc since there are randomly some Fatals and things). It makes you deal a buttload more damage than most players the higher your elemental damage.
    It is important to note, a weapon is 3 (or 5) times more valuable than a monster for damage. Just stack that Zephyrus.
    Yukino Blessing, 6 Fully UR Ignis Bows (Infused if you feel like it too), and a Xenobow would allow you to proc a ridiculous amount (due to Yukino blessing) while having 18 Fire elemental Damage (90% Boost of damage, with the Yukino Blessing that's more than doubling your ATK/MATK against Wind opponents).

As far as Defenses Go. F2P Video Point Spawning is your only real option if you want to rely beyond the procs. To be honest though, Procs are all that you need until you try to face the SHQ. As far as United Offense, Non-Arcadia Ordeals, Super United Offense, Not the highest levels of Mobius goes, base armor with good procs will easily carry your through. For the most difficult content, you need to get a bit lucky, but it's the hardest content regardless.

Yes you need a little luck for the hardest content, but you will get by better than most even without it. Goodluck.

• Exifea
    commented on 's reply
    It's difficult to have an optimal element set prepared for all scenarios. Vol & Rena Gear is Damage Down L (XL at max infusion) which is almost always going to be useful even in a non-wind quest. As far as monsters go, stacking Zephyrus purely for stats is fine, but you'd want one or two monsters that provide good utility regardless of the quests. A popular F2P option would be Amaterasu, who clears status ailments and provides a 30% party-wide reflection barrier.

• nadav1230
    replied
    Hi SciSensei, I have a question.
    Having read your guide, it doesn't seem to account for one thing: elementals.
    I'm a F2P archer, but stacking all Zephyrus would leave me high and dry for quests like wind ordeal or 35c quests or any quests in which the monsters are not water, where wind element doesn't matter. Despite my hypothetical gs of 450k, id still be unprepared for these quests, as Id have nothing but stat sticks with green elemental.
    A similar scenario emerges with armors. Equipping all vol and rena armors doesn't work for anything besides wind quests. And switching armors to other F2P gears doesn't work either, because many of those gears have offensive not defensive procs.
    Essentially, how would an F2P player deal with the 'wrong' elemental quests (which includes mobius) without sacrificing hefty amounts of gs or otherwise skewing their stats?

Leave a comment:

• Vikuro
    replied
    If you don't mind, could you do the math involving the approximate GS for the lancer build and how that GS is divided among the different stats ( ATk/ MAtk etc...)?
    Additional Note- The gear doesnt need to have 198 pluses or infusions, just curious about the stat division.

Leave a comment:

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    Must havr missed it. Will fix soon.

• Vegecat
    commented on 's reply
    I was referring to the stuff about Ordeals being outclassed “most of the time,” 7 UO weapons for every class except cleric…which sounded like it was from the previous version of the guide.

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    1. No problem, thanks for reading.
    2. It was written probably just missed it
    3. Which part of the tl;dr?

• Vegecat
    replied
    I am so in love. Tytyty.

I don't think I saw the exact number for Magic Armor Up M previously (apologies if it was written before and I just missed it); good to know it's 5%.

Was the tl;dr section not updated yet?

Leave a comment:

• Bevgebra
    commented on 's reply
    Meronamsamho The free cost was given back in December. No more free cost now
Working...
X