Announcement

Collapse

Ateam Forums Closing [UPDATE]

The forums will be closing at the end of April. However, we may have an option for backing up some content.

Details are in this thread.
See more
See less

Guide: Defensive Gears and How they Interact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    Essentially yes, just that Nulls are ridiculously high in cost and highly stat inefficient. Nulls in subs can be used, especially if you have the cost for it. I generally suggest DD gear though due to higher proc rates.

• Exifea
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah. If you have the cost available, you'd be better off with a subslot Null over a subslot single reflect.

• GilbyGlibber
    replied
    People say Null's are bad in subslot, since it's just a 5% proc rate. But if single reflects are also 5% in sub, isn't that the same thing?

Leave a comment:

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    @kwmcgreat
    Gotta abuse the system if you are going to play the system
    Sidenote: I outlined it in my guide, do you think I should re-write it for more clarification in that section? so that people know how to use only 7 ethers instead?

• kwmcgreal
    commented on 's reply
    Oh!
    That makes perfect sense
    I didn't think of if as two seperate gear being infused with Nearly Identical gear then infused together
    Brilliant!!!

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    HotMessExpress
    Gotcha. Maybe in past it worked by his formula then. Current Defensive portion of formula is correct. Tested it by using a 90% barrier against a move that normally deals 10000 damage, was reduced to 2000 with DEF/MDEF, and then 90% barrier reduced it to 200 instead of 0. So thanks for the insight on the old numbers, but currently (12/7/17) Barrier applies after DEF/MDEF. Just wanted to make sure you knew since you have quite a few guides yourself

• HotMessExpress
    commented on 's reply
    That was a more recent alteration to the calculation, and I believe it was one that had been confirmed with testing (i.e. perhaps it had been changed in the code without notification). If you're right then maybe they changed it back, but I'm not really into that kind of intensive testing/play anymore

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    HotMessExpress
    The Damage Calculation posted by vzReo had incorrectly stated that Barrier Based defenses go before DEF/MDEF and then Reflection gets multiplied after the fact. The correct way is by calculating for DEF/MDEF first, after that Barrier and Reflection based defenses get accounted for.

• HotMessExpress
    commented on 's reply
    What changed in the damage calculation?

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    2 Duplicates is 6 ethers indeed but requires 3 copies total. (I used to have it in the guide, but there is a better method)
    1 Dupicate is 7 ethers since you 3 infuse the original, 1 infuse the duplicate, then perfect the dupe into the Original.
    It looks like this: Let's say you have 2 Athena Bows (1 Original, 1 Dupe), and 4 30 Cost Assault Bows.
    Original Athena + 3 Nearly Identical Copies = One 3 infused Athena for 3 Ethers.
    Dupe Athena + 1 Nearly Identical Copies = One 1 Infused Athena for 1 Ether.
    3 Infused Athena gets Perfect Infused by 1 Infused Athena = One 5 Infused Athena for 3 more Ether.
    Total Ethers? 7
    Total Athena Bows? 2
    Total Nearly Identical bows? 4

Hope that answered your question.

• kwmcgreal
    replied
    Am I missing something on the infusion math...
    wouldn't 1 duplicate to fully infuse an item using the rest nearly identical be 10 ethers? (1+1+1+5+2)
    And with 2 duplicates wouldn't it be 6 ethers? (1+1+1+1+2)

Maybe someone already pointed this out , if so I apologize

Leave a comment:

• Bevgebra
    commented on 's reply
    bless u sensei

• Jaunedice
    commented on 's reply
    SciSensei Ty ^^

• SciSensei
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Jaunedice
    All Null Status based proc rates are 15/5 (just like the Null Physical/Magical, I'll put that in the guide.

• Jaunedice
    replied
    Just wondering but can you find out information about null status effect proc rate. Are they similar to Null Physical/Magic damage?

Its fine if you can't since christmas is almost around the corner but would be nice to have in the guide.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X