Constant Armor Up Still Viable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant Armor Up Still Viable?

Since it's been a while since these gears have been released, I've been wondering if it's still recommended to have 2 of these equipped. I've been playing very casually (aside from this collab) so I've been really out of the loop in regards to how tanks should be built now. I feel like with opening skills also taking up proc slots, with another 2 constants, there's a much lower chance of procing anything. Is the damage reduction really worth keeping, or would it be better to have another proc in that slot instead? (Not an amazing proc like Reflect XL, or an XXL, probably would just replace it with a regular P Reflect or something.)

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Tbh I haven't used any of my constant gear in since 5th ring... I think it would be k to bring 1 but not 2 tbh... unless ur a soldier or somfin and wanna stack constant defense stuff xD
    ~F2P Noob~​ A Lancer Wanna-Be /)*^*/) (6/18/16) IGN: LucyWhite ID: 2142597804 GS: 310k LvL 160
    #F2PNub Feel Free To Add Me And Chat (/^3^)/

Comment

Once you have enough defensive procs, constants are the only way to reduce damage taken any further.

Comment

If I ever spawn pure reflect and can get a few of them I might use constants. Stacking 2 of them for a solid 20% damage down on top of procs would be nice, but at the moment I only have 4 of each phys and mag for total 8 procs. If I had 6-8 pure reflect (or even damage down, although I would have to do the math since apparently it negates less damage than reflect or m/p down procs) then I would use the remaining slots to put constants so as to be extra impossible to kill.
        "After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back."

The Phoenix Shall Rise From The Ashes.

Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing,
        But In Rising Every Time We Fail

Comment

I was told they help to reduce uni damage, which seems to be true, so they still have some use PvP. I keep one of each that I switch out for a mirroring p/m reflect depending on which set I'm using. You are right about openings tho. I'm currently 6/5/5/6 so I never wear more than two constants/openings (or the blessing.)
          IGN: Dux • Orionoiro
          UL ID: 2127860702
          Soldier/Mage
          Come quest with me!

Comment

• muda
            muda commented
            Editing a comment
            it's 10% total damage mitigation per constant, applied after ap procs and def

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            muda lmfao no it isn't

• muda
            muda commented
            Editing a comment
            vzReo I was pretty sure It's not 6.5% like you stated elsewhere unless you have math to show me, and I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong. I'm under the impression it works like barrier at a flat reduction to applied damage, what makes you think it's applied in the middle of the formula before defense? Are you assuming that based on it being 6.5%? I looked on the web on other forums too, and most of them have no data to show and link back to our unfinished skill chart in the sticky.

If you've tested this to a degree of confidence please share your results.

edit: based on Lac's post and subsequent comment beneath this, I'm going to just disregard what you said about it being 6.5% applied halfway through the damage formula. I understand why you think that based on offensive constants (which I believe were concluded to be ap based, not % based), but in this case it's not transitive to the defense constants.
            Last edited by muda; 04-27-2017, 09:39 PM. Reason: I believe you are baseless sir

Constants are Barrier-based mitigation, which can reduce damage to 0 instead of 1, and they also reduce damage taken from Unisons. It's better to focus both of your constants towards one damage type for maximum benefits.

Always thought they were 6.5% mitigation, but eh, they probably buffed it to 10% secretly. At least the Duel feature lets us do one thing: test out procs and constants, along with certain buffs like Frenzy or Piercer, so that should help for testing constant mitigation. For example, let's say you have a Lancer with an 80% Barrier (from 2 Clerics) + 2 Magic Constants. Would a Deadly Arabesque hit for 0 damage then?

IGN: FN || Leaf ID: 2042811095

This Is How You DO Play Lancers

Comment

• muda
            muda commented
            Editing a comment
            hey put my post back about the research on damage downs vs reflects I get it I get it I won't say likes I promise

• Shanoa
            Shanoa commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely going to test the Piercer effect whenever I can. I still have that screenshot where my guildmate proc'd an XXL Physical Damage Down again Benkei/Ushi during the first wave of the Sea Empress event, where they both have Piercer up. If Piercer doesn't ignore procs, what then? Only barrier and mirror guard? Or does it procs but the damage isn't reduced?
            We shall know soon.

Edit: Ugh, nevermind, I don't have it anymore.
            Last edited by Shanoa; 04-27-2017, 04:02 AM.

• LaconicLeaf
            LaconicLeaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Shanoa From my most recent Colo matches, while the other team had retirees, my side was able to get 2 Nezhas to go through in the 3rd round (80% Barrier). I had 2 Magic Constants equipped, a random Archer tried to DA me, and all hits did 0 damage despite me not proccing.

So it feels like they really are 10%. But to double-check, I think it wouldn't hurt to test it again in the Duel Room...
            Last edited by LaconicLeaf; 04-27-2017, 03:25 PM.

Upon testing two constants with 80% barrier and extremely low mdef, I was able to take 0 damage from proc'd d.bbq and calamities. Confused why my tests before gave me 6.5, I tried out that same method, and the same tests I uses on the release of constants started giving me results of 9.8~10.3, or 10%. Constants have indeed been stealth buffed between release and now, and are very powerful LaconicLeaf muda

Comment

Working...
          X