Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So uhh... Anybody feel like URing the Xenorelic to tell me what the cost and cooldown are on the new ability?
    Hot Mess Express 2086796674

Comment

• Janos ^~^
      Janos ^~^ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, It's like a mini GB you can spam. I have two vitality relics already, but Blessing
      Veil sounds pretty interesting.

• HotMessExpress
      HotMessExpress commented
      Editing a comment
      So it's identical to Cleanse but with a different added effect. I think it looks extremely useful for pvp, and maybe not even bad for pve quests where curse is going to be a regular concern. Mostly pvp though.

Deepening somebody's HP pool and ''restoring'' percentages of health are much more important in pvp than in pve.

Three cleric frontline with Blessing Veil, Sanctuary of Light, Knight's Loyalty, and something else (Great Blessing? Greater Aid?). Add two mages and pew pew pew pew.

Calling it now, this is the new meta lmao

• HotMessExpress
      HotMessExpress commented
      Editing a comment
      Also note that Vitality Testament works a bit differently. If you proc it on Veil, you will see three targets immediately gain 20% max HP, then they would be healed for 60ap, then presumably last they would gain another 40% max HP. So you'd have 3 allies with a 60% max HP buff

Added Blessing Veil. Will need to add info on the awakening relic now that it's actually relevant for cleric to level up. Moving the awakening and tower abilities into a shared section for now.

Not gonna say i regret buying the Kronos crown, but if i hadn't, i'd have a shiny new ability to play with. Looks like the Kronos dress will be on hold for a bit longer

Correction to earlier version: Seal of Health is a flat 40ap boost, not a percentage gain like Healing Testament. I may need to fix some entries after more testing, because in trying to nail down the last bits of the heal calculation yesterday i noticed not only the Seal thing but that some of the Testament variants seem to have different boosting percentages (iirc Recovery Blessing was giving ~35% instead of 40).

Comment

• GilbyGlibber
      GilbyGlibber commented
      Editing a comment
      Seal does wonders to Prayer

• HotMessExpress
      HotMessExpress commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess? But I'm assuming anybody with enough seals to reliably proc is bound to have a more useful basic replacement.

With a single seal proc prayer only has 10 more AP than battle heal, with 2 lower cost but the same cooldown. Its added effect isn't useful in as many situations either, so I'd say it's roughly as good as a procless battle heal. With a seal proc.
      Last edited by HotMessExpress; 04-23-2018, 05:55 AM.

• Vegecat
      Vegecat commented
      Editing a comment
      I just saw that comment. I have 5 Athena books, and my options are Prayer and Mirror Wall. Is 5 not enough to reliably proc?

Can confirm that tower floor 35 is very beatable under 400k gs. It took me several tries to find a winning strategy, but once I had a build that worked I cleared on the first try. Maybe 3-4k shy of 400.

Floors 31-34 were trivial with elemental sets.

Also need to add:
    - Weapon proc entry for art of attack (time element 33c relic)
    - Armor proc entry for arts of physical/magic dmg down (time element 33c clothing/armor)
    - Ability entry for Pious wish (floor 35 tower)

Will probably add a battle cleric section on next update. With more berserker relics coming out, there are finally high cost damage options that take advantage of our class bonus and awakening weapon. Not that it's necessarily good, but in some situations it is becoming viable.

Anything else? I'm probably forgetting something.

Comment

I posted this in General, but I thought clerics might have an answer on how to pot my Kings. People seem to think getting gs by potting for both stats is important, so I went that route for my mage, but unsure about cleric. I could

1) max a King and get another King 3pot (for awakening + MDEF pot)

vs

2) have two Kings at 4pot each (for x2 the awakening, MDEF, and mana recovery but missing MATK final pot, assuming I got MATK/MDEF on her second King which are the usual stats I pick)

Now I'm leaning toward option #2, because having two monsters with mana recovery + awakening could be more useful than some MATK on one King. Is there any significant downsides to doing this?

I also found the topic of picking stats to be informative, earlier in this thread. I think I'll keep using MATK/MDEF most of the time, but I might make my second King DEF/MDEF, which I assume would be useful for Rook ToJ. Don't soldiers prefer ATK now, though (a year later)?

Comment

• HotMessExpress
        HotMessExpress commented
        Editing a comment
        If you only plan on playing cleric there's not much downside to option 2, but you make the monster less valuable to a MATK class (there are three now) by skipping the last potential.

There's also not really any downside to option 1 unless you are worried that events limiting repeat monster use will become very common. Even so, there are other cost restoring monsters and other players in most events; I'm not sure it's a big loss to miss having a second copy of this specific monster to restore cost.

Either way is probably fine

• Vegecat
        Vegecat commented
        Editing a comment
        By 3 classes, you mean mage and TH? That’s a good point; I’d forgotten about my TH set.

King is my first MP regen monster. My cleric has Darius (ATK/DEF, 13 cost), Natsu (ATK/MATK, 20 cost), Gigantes (MATK/DEF, 20 cost), and Filo (DEF/MDEF, 10 cost for all allies) and that’s it, unless I’m forgetting something. She’s had bad RNG when it comes to monsters generally, except for all the Kings this one event; in events that require you to use all your monsters once before reusing them, she ends up using two Odins and the SSR Miku from last year XD

I also hate OOMing. My reaction time, awareness, and cost/cd management are terrible (perfect attributes in a healer player, I know), so I love HoTs to help pick up the slack. I’m pretty asocial within the game, so I can only rely on my mage account to help out using Wendy (and before that, Lefiya; before that, Sayaka, my first really good monster; whatever helps heal). So when I saw King's abilities, I was happy ^^

Anyway, thank you for the input. It’s kinda sad that I often can’t use cookie cutter advice (eg in WoW, my kitty drood prioritized getting hit/expertise capped even though that should’ve lowered DPS according to the numbers, simply because one miss/dodge/parry would make me unable to react in time and I’d start dropping DoTs; in ARAMs, I’d start Tear on nearly every champion that used mana, even ADCs, else I’d OOM), and I never rank high/get unlimited resources in UL, so it’s nice to be able to ask questions relevant to my limitations

• HotMessExpress
        HotMessExpress commented
        Editing a comment
        Mage, berserker, and TH. Berserker is a hybrid class, but the mage build definitely has value. Cleric nuking is a thing too, I guess, but it doesn't really count

Adding to the backlog:
      - opening elevation
      - opening concentration
      - elemental defense constants from SUO quests

I'm not sure what the best option is, for people who only earned enough medals to buy one item from the recent crystal assault quest. I picked the relic rather than the cloth piece, but I think there are merits to both.

Elevate buff is SERIOUSLY GOOD with cost recovery, if anybody reading this didn't already know. Especially in gvg when cost is at such a premium in the beginning. Especially in colo where opening skills get refreshed each round. Especially in tough quests where clerics sometimes struggle with cost until the uni train is rolling. Especially always.

I hope to eventually have the hat and cloth as well, since improved proc rates on nulls sounds tasty. I'm unsure how to fit them in though. There's a risk of running out of places for "bread and butter" procs if we choose to wear all of: four nulls, two damage constants, two openings concentration, and the two awakening pieces. That's already more than half of existing slots dedicated to specialty gear. If you want to fit other opening abilities it cuts in even farther.

Though it could rightly be argued that the opening moments of a battle (gvg especially) are the most decisive, so stacking concentration with mixed nulls in main should be well worth the slots.

Comment

MATK comes in strange places! Today i had a look at the relics dropping from the event and realized that the reforge mats actually have pretty awesome stats:

The 20 cost SSR reforge material has almost the same MATK to cost ratio as a 32 cost spawned relic at UR. If you've ever got an awkward amount of cost left over, this kind of avenue might be something to pursue to fill out your MATK with cheap gear you have lying around.

~~~~~

Backlog:
        - weapon proc entry for art of attack (time element 33c relic)
        - armor proc entry for arts of physical/magic dmg down (time element 33c clothing/armor)
        - ability entry for Pious wish (floor 35 tower)
        - opening elevation
        - opening concentration
        - elemental defense constants from SUO quests
        - need to rewrite ability section to include enchantment mechanic

At some point i will probably also update the heal strength sticky to reflect different use cases for the various heals, but that's a lower priority because Cure still sucks, and the options on all the heals iirc are reduced cost or improved healing AP. Would have been much more interesting to see cooldown reductions, but meh. At any rate, i believe all of the upgrades still favor more lightweight heals over longer cooldown / stronger heals.

Comment

• greenspiny
          greenspiny commented
          Editing a comment
          More basic attack replacements are backlogged too. The set of 80 AP element boosting heals, and Healing Veil from the 'Noir Crystal - Neo'.

Just a recommendation, but I think you're missing the increase of the vitality with arbiter testament...

REVELATION TESTAMENT XL
        (Eleventh Zodiac Shingu)

I got it from a featured gear spawn. I'm sure it's rare, but I think it should be backlogged.

Comment

• HotMessExpress
          HotMessExpress commented
          Editing a comment
          Planning to do some work on the top posts this weekend as long as nothing comes up

Update!

I know i've mentioned it briefly elsewhere, but during RGB in late-2017 i had what turned out to be a pretty severe concussion. I have a lengthy empty space in my recollection after that, and it's really only in the last couple of months that i've started feeling more like myself again.

All of that was a long way of saying there are probably updates and additions that have happened since late 2017 that i've forgotten about. I don't remember anything that happened in the first half of 2018, and it's very foggy for a while after that. I'm still recovering but feeling much more back to normal in recent months. Anyway, i've probably missed some stuff. Feel free to add reminders for anything that should be included.

This will be my first real update as "me" again, and i'm still getting back in the swing of things. I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping this up to date.

Completed:
        - Changed the spawning strategy section to reflect more recent trends in available spawns and (my perceived) values thereof
        - Added defense procs: ele constants, opening concentration, art of mag/phys def, almighty damage cut
        - Split defense proc section into different categories
        - Added weapon procs: opening elevation, art of attack, revelation testament
        - Modified ability stats to show ranges available on enchantments
        - Added abilities: pious wish, elemental sabers, archcardinal abilities
        - Tweaked the intro, the "advanced" section, and some little bits and pieces along the way
        - Added some color, so it's hopefully not as soul crushing to read. maybe more of this in future updates

Still to complete:
        - Update sections 4 and 5 to reflect current state of the game.

Overall, i really like the new abilities released last week. They aren't all the greatest but there are some neat ideas being explored there, and some of them will become mainstays once everybody's had time to adjust to the possibilities they open up.

In particular, Silver Guidance is an unexpected MVP among the sixth ring skillset. The 30% HP sac for only 15 cost seems steep, but it can proc cost recovery (and seal of magic probably, but meh) for a total of up to 25 cost restored. It also can deal respectable damage depending on your stats and procs equipped. I still do NOT RECOMMEND battle cleric as a serious build, but at least now in GB i can help pressure the enemy team, pick off low-HP targets, or assist in crystal breaking (my guild is mostly retirees and very inactive). All around, it's a very good skill. I've even gotten post-GB salt from people who weren't expecting a cleric to pwn them with it.

Comment

• Exifea
          Exifea commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to hear you're feeling better.

• Crito
          Crito commented
          Editing a comment
          Woww I’m glad to hear you recovering ! I miss hearing from you a lot
          Also thank you for continuing to work on the cleric guide !! It will always help me learn to play cleric better
      Working...
      X