No announcement yet.

Soldier 101

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just made a sub-soldier and been having a lot of fun finally delivering damage rather than healing.

My monsters are really crappy. I have a UR Apollo, but damage for all my monsters is ridiculously low. I thought physical damage monsters scaled on attack, but for some reason, im dealing lower damage than my cleric. Using the same monster that scales on physical ability, my 5k atk cleric damage is higher than my 22k soldier damage. Why is that? Does it scale off another stat as well?

Comment

• Hatsya Souji
      Hatsya Souji commented
      Editing a comment
      vzReo are Defense Droppers like Fenrir, Nidhogg are still worth equipping?

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Fenrir is ssr but nid is good

• Hatsya Souji
      Hatsya Souji commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, that it may need a particular Unison order for maximal effect: Nidhogg better be summoned 1st and 5th. In-between, put damagers, damage-buffers, balancers in it. Great Spirit Damage reaches around 100k~125k typically.

Also, sync Unison with Demoralize, Balancing, and Bestial Shout (if ain't a lancer but wanna def-down debuff)

This needs an update with lv cap 120 7th slot

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Humor me and make one

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not as good as you reo .
      Besides I done my part on making guides on other games . I feel your more adequate for this type of thing and more players can learn

The only confusion I have lies in the phrasing of the skills for GvG.

Tank: Cheer, Charisma, Knights Loyalty/Guard, Vanquish. / Ether Exchange, Knights Loyalty, Charisma, Guard/Heaven's
    Does this mean that the four shills you would recommend together are (Cheer, Charisma, Knights Loyalty/Guard, Vanquish) OR (Ether Exchange, Knights Loyalty, Charisma, Guard/Heaven's Breath)? Or are you saying that you should pick four of these abilities to use?

Also, Ether Exchange doesn't seem necessary considering the cost and cooldown of KL, Charisma, and Heaven's Breath. I was wondering why you recommend using it in that gear set? I apologize if I missed any comments or posts asking this question, I don't believe I saw anyone ask for an explanation.

I'm rather new as well, I've been playing a week and I'm a 95 with only a 90k gearscore and I prefer to be the tank in my friends guild for GvGs, however none of them have played a soldier so I took it upon myself to figure out how.

Thanks ahead of time for your response!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I will be updating it soon, but that second set was an old strategy that was used to be a quick hp battery to prevent teammates from dying to rain. I'd say it is pretty outdated now

• EffinNipples
      EffinNipples commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh that's a shame haha. I've been trying to use it in our unranked GvGs and I do survive, however I can't exactly keep my allies alive very well against human players. Thanks for your speedy response! I look forward to your update and just want to say I appreciate all the work you've put in here!

Soldiers guide what a wonderful made guide by reo

Well legendary reo time for update when 5 th ring comes put

Comment

Planning on update after they fix these terrible abilities

Comment

I know people have talked about the 5th ring elsewhere, but this guide could use an update for it.
        vzReo I don't know if ateam is planning on fixing soldier abilities anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by KNGDMHTS View Post
          I know people have talked about the 5th ring elsewhere, but this guide could use an update for it.
          vzReo I don't know if ateam is planning on fixing soldier abilities anytime soon
          Probably so, still running numbers atm. Should have the guide done sometime this week. In the meantime if anyone wants quick advice feel free to contact me on line @vz.reo

Comment

Stuff happened, papers missing, no longer paladin, fused away all my pally gear. Someone else can do royal guard guide. Sorries

Comment

• Hatsya Souji
              Hatsya Souji commented
              Editing a comment
              May I be your guinea pig? 5/4/5/5 currently.

• DracoPisces
              DracoPisces commented
              Editing a comment
              Sucks, I was looking forward to it.

• Arc
              Arc commented
              Editing a comment
              One of my idols shifting classes..*sadface*

Nooooooo was looking forward to your new guide :/. Thanks for the old guide anyway!
            "All of our unhappiness comes from our inability to be alone." Jean de la Bruyere

Comment

Originally posted by vzReo View Post
              Stuff happened, papers missing, no longer paladin, fused away all my pally gear. Someone else can do royal guard guide. Sorries

Is this for real ?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                does that mean you are also quitting ?????

• Kuroi
                Kuroi commented
                Editing a comment
                ****** first of all that just means he isnt soldier anymore lol. if you would keep track on what your "senpais" --- how you call them --- do, you would know he is cleric.

not saying he won't retire though, that's a info I cant give

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Reo isn't my senpai

Anyone know exactly how the Taunt buff from Antagonize and Battleshout work? Are they normal aggro generation like Dual Sword/Divine Smash, or are they an aggro multiplier like Intrepid?

I ask because I've been running Ra 55 AP with two different Soldiers. One soldier uses Antagonize + Dual Impact and the other uses Antagonize + Dual Sword. Rarely the one with Dual Impact will lose aggro even though it looks like the Taunt status never dropped. (Though it may have been between refreshes of it, so I can't be certain.)
              IGN: Mirabelle | Guild: Too Nice
              UL ID: 2104891172

Comment

• DracoPisces
                DracoPisces commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe it also has to do with how Dual Impact has a lower cooldown? I'm pretty sure the main difference between the older aggro skills and Antagonize and Battleshout is that the 2 latter skills is that they draw aggro from everything and the old attacks only draw from the things they hit. Could be wrong on that though.

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                DracoPisces basically

If the owner isn't gonna update this thread then it should be unstickie, the 5th ring came out and it won't help players with this limited knowledge.

Comment

• Ateam Admin
                Ateam Admin commented
                Editing a comment
                Fair point.
                Unstickied!

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Not updating it, find a new writer

Someone at this point has gotta be qualified enough to write a newer guide at this point right? People don't trust me in game for using the formulas from this and its starting to bother me.

ID: 210955121

Comment

Working...
              X