No announcement yet.

Soldier 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain why a DPS General would prioritize PAttack over Def if the scaling of Divine Smash/Dual Sword favors Def stats?

Comment

• Dahlia
      Dahlia commented
      Editing a comment
      Or a lancer haha.

• Uikyo
      Uikyo commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, for clarification I made this comment with going burst general in mind. I am a bit confused because you said in the guide the recommended build for them is to go 154/50/50/175. Is that still optimal?

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      yea it is, but defense is still a better stat. its just that you get offensive procs from weapons, unless you want to equip Apollo gear

How would fatal testament do for the burst build for the soldier? I just rolled a URable Fatal sword and a Fatal axe.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      fatal is an instant crit. fatal is pretty broken OP for archers, and is no different on paladins. OP

What do I do if my cost allotment right now is 105/75/97/114?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda hard to determine, depends what you're going for and what you have right now and if you're willing to spend on spawn or not. Generally you want more armors if you want to be beefier, or weapons if you want physical testament or fatal testament skills from swords

vzReo

Comment

Hey vzReo what is the optimal build for General right now? I think both are good now. (6/2/3/6 or 3/6/6/3)
      Ranked Battles:
      15/10/2015 - 21/10/2015: Rank 1

Colosseum:
      17/09/2015 - 24/09/2015: Rank 79
      29/10/2015 - 04/11/2015: Rank 2

Class: General
      GS: 145+

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The first one is for dps paladin and second one is for tank, even tankier if you lose another weapon for pet to be 2 6 6 4. The problem with the first one, however is you will have absolutely awful m defense for dps. People think that "well, if archers get away with being squishy why can't a paladin?" Well that's because dps paladin is using aggro generating attacks, so they will get focused even over other tank paladins. Pvp, however... just hope there aren't any mages

Do constant physical armor ups have an effect on divine smash and dual sword as well?

Comment

• xexvc0302
        xexvc0302 commented
        Editing a comment
        vzReo what about running divine smash, dual sword, vanquish, and heaven's breath + using Krono's sword for cost recovery

• Nemurerumori
        Nemurerumori commented
        Editing a comment
        For my own input on cost recovery:

Divine Smash, Dual Sword, Ether Exchange, ???? build will not need cost recovery, as your cost recharging will break almost even with your consumption as long as your party staggers unison properly.

Divine Smash + Vanquish is a big cost guzzler with low cooldowns, so Dual Sword is unnecessary here even with Cost Recovery and Ether Exchange. Cost Recovery is good in this build.

If you're relying on multiple protective abilities, such as Loyalty+Heaven's Breath combo, the cost upkeep is pretty expensive so Cost Recovery is great here.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        basically what he said. divine+ vanquish will burn your cost incredibly fast, and you will never find a good time to use dual sword. cost recovery is more of a benefit to PvE tanks (example divine smash, devoted strike, sacred hand, purify/heavens/mirror guard

I got few gear have constant effect. So, i should use what constant effect? 2 physical or 1physical 1 magic?

Comment

• Nemurerumori
        Nemurerumori commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely 1 Physical 1 Magic, since you aren't going to take much physical damage most of the time... but magic will always hurt in both PvE and PvP.

I tried running Fateful/Deadly in a run after getting UR Hero Axe* (XL Heart proc), and the math didn't add up to what you put in that section. The XL Heart proc alone only gave an extra 30% on top of the 10% atk reduction base. The extra 10% came from combo'ing it with Fateful. So Clash by itself was 10% + 30% = 40%, while Clash with Smash combo was 10% + 10% + 30% = 50% single proc.

I don't know if I made a mistake somewhere or if it's just your wording is really confusing, but it ended up being 30% from XL Heart proc and 40% total instead.

EDIT: Realized I forgot to max skill level, so it might just be because it's only lvl 4
      Last edited by Kero; 12-24-2015, 08:34 PM. Reason: typo, new info

Comment

• xexvc0302
        xexvc0302 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought Sword of Ajero boosted Divine smash?

• Kero
        Kero commented
        Editing a comment
        You're right. I meant Hero Axe from the medal exchange. Edited, ty for pointing it out

vzReo I just pulled an Aizen,would it be useful for a tank/supportive soldier build since he adds to mdef and his uni reduces dmg,even though he also adds to matk?
      UL ID: 2094269267
      VC ID: 116092595

Comment

• xexvc0302
        xexvc0302 commented
        Editing a comment
        Aizen works for any class but works better on clerics. Mages will be boosted also because of the Matk, but in terms of raw power, clerics benefit most from Dark Monsters. Aizen is supportive and regardless of class, is great.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        the reason clerics is actually more light base than they are dark is because they are supposed to get all of the heavy m defense cloth gear for the best stat bonuses, and then fill in the lost p defense with monsters. they were made to be somewhat weak towards physical damage and unstoppable towards magic, just like paladin was meant to be opposite. But, like myself, people can build however they want.

oh yea aizen is situationally good

I've done a 5/x/5/5 build as of Lv89. Much of my armors boosted PDEF and 2 clothes and another armor gave me more MDEF. My monsters have Apollo UR 185 for ATK/PDEF, and the remaining are 2 Water and 2 Null for my MDEF up.

Current stats as of this time? 33k PATK ; 9k MATK ; 37k PDEF ; 30k MDEF.

Anyway to optimize this further, as I'm kinda too unlucky to have UR helms and hats (too late for the Alice UR'able gear events).
      "Unafraid because His armor is the best
      But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest"

05/16/2015—10/01/2016

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        You want your offense stats (atk and def)added to be over 100k for duals word tbh, else it just doesn't hurt much passed armor. Also want them procs

• Hatsya Souji
        Hatsya Souji commented
        Editing a comment
        Speaking of Avsaris and Apollo altogether. I have his helm for it, that'll be my first UR helm for the Proc. 2nd one should hopefully be Avsaris'.

• Hatsya Souji
        Hatsya Souji commented
        Editing a comment
        Speaking of armor: I have UR Commodore Coat with 27 cost for this, and should I replace it over my MAX Arc Armor +10 (5.8k/1.7k)?

Didn't know the damage formula changed, which it is a buff for me.

You should not evenly distribute your helmet and armors, unless you have limited amount of gears! You should always use as many armor as possible, because your armor passive is high than a helmet.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        It'd only be a buff for you if you had more p atk than p def, in which case soldier wasn't the right class to pick

• boltthecat
        boltthecat commented
        Editing a comment
        what I had in my mind didnt come out right. I meant to say this update doesnt affect me as much as the people that went full tank.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah

Is a 4/6/6/4 build still good after the changes?

I guess I can switch out to fire monsters to boost P ATK if I want to hit harder.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        You wont be able to fit that unless youre about lv 105 and you have cheaper gear and pets, but yea its still good

• Onarakiru
        Onarakiru commented
        Editing a comment
        So what's a good build?

Just read this.
      Let's be hated in quests again ....

Comment

just re-reading this guide:

"The only real way to kill a super tanky soldier is to reduce his defenses, and this skill purges stat reductions so it has been found to be useful"
        or you could put a break...

"Tank: Cheer, Charisma, Knights Loyalty/Guard, Vanquish/Recover. / Ether Exchange, Knights Loyalty, Charisma, Guard/Heaven's"
        is recover still applicable after the ap reduction on cleric abilities?

"Tank: Heaven's Breath, Sword Clash, Vanquish, Divine Smash / Knight's Loyalty/Devotion, Heaven's Breath, Charisma, Vanquish"
        a barrier could be brought as well actually, just an extra support ability

"Recommended Build"
        this section could be updated in my opinion a bit, or are you waiting for 7th do to that?

Retired player An adept faction member to the end Another quote from me: Fake people have an image to maintain, real people just dont care

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn I gotta update this guide? Can't I just wait a few months into the future so people can bash me for leading them wrong when (or if) the guide becomes outdated and misleads people? RIP cobalt.

• MTT the Tank
          MTT the Tank commented
          Editing a comment
          vzReo, either do it now or wait 7th slot and do it. But you have to do it sometime

I'm going to be playing with soldier soon, but i'm a cleric main, so my gear is currently 3/6/6/5. Until/unless i can find suitable swords and monsters, is it completely unforgivable to just forego damage entirely?

In a thread once, i saw somebody talking about using bows to proc wtb. I just got a jade bow recently, and i've been playing around with it on my soldier. Would these skill bars work?

PvP
        Cheer / Charisma / World tree's blessing / Sacred hand (or barrier? healing wind?)

PvE
        Devoted strike / Knight's loyalty / World tree's blessing / [utility] (MR, PL, maybe devotion or healing wind?)

Suggest some changes for somebody who absolutely is unable to do damage? By the way, at least until i get new weapons and monsters, my stat percentages are something like 3/18/40/39 so MATK and MDEF are still significant (18% and 39% of my total, respectively) if that's how sacred hand is calculated.

Also i'll hedge by pointing out this won't be used on unsuspecting victims, and probably not on anything super important. It will just be a way to have fun messing around on experimental stuff with friends. I don't want to make everybody hate soldiers just because mine's a gimp
        Hot Mess Express 2086796674

Comment

• Krota
          Krota commented
          Editing a comment
          vzReo
          You just blew my mind. I have so many of these bows just lying around...

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Krota try out bard in colosseum

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm also trying to get my hands on another of those bows for regen and support for Colo , don't forget also the cleric photon axe or mage photon axe lol
      Working...
      X