Announcement

Collapse

We're on Discord!

In case you missed it, Ateam now has an official (and active!) Discord server! A lot of forum activity has moved there, so click here to come join us!
See more
See less

Soldier School - Learn to be Useful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catfire13
    replied
    This needs sticky
    pls. . .
    Last edited by catfire13; 11-12-2016, 02:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• Gang
    replied
    Good stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Zaous
    replied
    Thank you for the guide, it was very helpful!
    Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    And that's a Secret proc on all the smashes... I see. Well... *shrugs* x3

• SpazPro
    commented on 's reply
    Mirabelle
    I have! Solar Sword. Even when it proccs, the aggro created is still basicly nothing and the three situations above still apply.
    Last edited by SpazPro; 11-11-2016, 01:29 PM.

• ICreate49
    replied
    Sticky? This is very helpful~

Leave a comment:

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    Ooh, I did not know that. I will edit the guide. Thank you!

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    Have you tried Smashes with Heart procs? I think I remember Reo saying that Heart procs increase aggro.

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    I hear you. If the quest is easy enough, a Burst set with stagger uni is usually fine.

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    SpazPro Completely viable IMO. Especially for an Offtank set--the high attack will mean you'll do more damage as you debuff and your MDEF will be better than DEF on certain quests. Depending on your weapon/armor procs, you could probably still do a Tank build as well. (I'm 7/4/4/7 and I can tank Heroic Stranger paragon pretty well with just 1 Mirror Guard proc and a bunch of Avsaris gear.)

There are probably more possible useful builds than what I've listed. For example, Healing Wind with procs might be a good alternative Self-Support move. And today I ran a Nyx quest as a 7/4/4/7 MDEF-focused Charge Shot Soldier with 9 Light Elements, 6 Magic Damage Down XL Procs, 2 Magic Armor Up XL procs, and used Ether Exchange, Battleshout, Charge Shot, Charged Snipe with two Heart of the Charged bows equipped. I'm sure Nyx was very confused. And probably my party too.

• Coldbear
    replied
    Thanks for the wonderful insight!

I dual box with my mage and cleric. I've been hosting games with my cleric but now I think I'll do that with my mage so I can maybe get the soldier at the edge and just AOE heal the middle for ee :P

Yes I've always been open to having a soldier in my parties. I'll have to finish reading this later.
    Last edited by Coldbear; 11-11-2016, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SpazPro
    replied
    Oh here is something worth mentioning:

If you want to cause aggro, Smash (and its subsidiaries, NOT INCLUDING DEVINE SMASH) ARE NOT suitable ways to cause aggro. The aggro caused by these moves is extremely low, and works over a premise of stacking aggro (as when these moves were first released, the devs assumed that only soldiers would use them). Any player that carries either Dual Sword, Antagonize, or Devine Smash, WILL out aggro you. And YES. I have tested this.

There are only 3 situations where smash will aggro enemies to you:

1. You attack first, before another soldier can, and you out aggro them for a short second or two simply because you struck first.

2. You are the only soldier in the party and for some odd reason, you brought only Smashes. (cough SpazPro)

3. The soldier carries no hate buff moves, and attacks a different enemy from you.

so laconic next time you say that smash causes too much aggro you are wrong my friend
    Last edited by SpazPro; 11-11-2016, 01:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Exifea
    commented on 's reply
    That's called a Lancer.

• Exifea
    replied
    The reason I find playing a supportive Soldier build doesn't work most of the time is the fact that using one or two monsters or bursting down the boss quickly is usually all you need to do to avoid complicated mechanics.

Other than that, another good Soldier Guide. +1

Leave a comment:

• SpazPro
    replied
    I smell Smash...

Anyhoo! What about a atk/mdeff focused soldier with a lancer style build? Like the one that I want to build into as you may have heard me mention in the chat?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X