• Show
Clear All

• Ateam Admin
    commented on 's reply
    I somehow missed it!
    Sticked

• Okayama
    replied
    Ateam Admin why doesn't this get sticky? Other class guides get sticky and this one is good, many sticky requests.

Leave a comment:

• Myname-is
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks so much Mirabelle (not sure if I'm doing this right - new to the forums) I am taking all of your advice into consideration ^.^

• Chaz
    replied
    Great guide! I would recommend this to all soldiers to take a look at.

Leave a comment:

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    Myname-is Thanks! In the Intro there's a link to another forum post about Gear Cost Allocation (and some other things.) tl;dr max your weapons and body armor, then it's personal preference whether you want to prioritize helmets or monsters next.

Antagonize is a good skill for a Tank or Burst set, so I would say yay. x)

If you're interested in playing Tank or Offtank, I recommend the RGB 50 medal sword (Hero's Axe) and the 200 medal sword (Sword of Invigoration). Both of them proc on basic Smashes, Clashes, HB, and Mirror Guard. The Sword of Invigoration also procs on Divine Smash and Vanquish.

If you do gem spawns, there are 24-cost UR swords that start at SR you can get without too much trouble, especially from class spawns. Light procs on Mirror Guard, Wind procs on Heaven's Breath, and Dark procs on Clashes. There's only one sword (I think) that procs on Vanquish aside from the RGB sword, and that's Nezha's sword.

• Okayama
    replied
    This is excellent. Definitely deserves a sticky. I don't even play soldier and I liked reading this.

Leave a comment:

• Myname-is
    replied
    Great post! Needs a Sticky. I googled for a guide and pulled up that old one that isn't updated. If you get time, maybe you can get into gear allotment suggestions? And weapon skills? I got a sword from this new stepup event which increases dmg done by antagonize, yay or nay?

Leave a comment:

• SpazPro
    commented on 's reply
    Devine smash has great aggro, but regular smash is not sufficient for aggro. If you realy want aggro, use devoted strike untill you get battleshout/antagonize.

• Crito
    commented on 's reply
    Ok,thank You for helping me improve my Soldier set !!

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    Crito It's okay to use a Party-Support ability on an Offtank set. Something like EE, Divine Smash, Vanquish, Charisma is fine.

Barrier isn't that great in PvE. It suffers from many of the same problems Knight's Devotion does. Heaven's Breath is a self-support move and shouldn't be used on an Offtank set.

• Crito
    commented on 's reply
    hmm...... is it ok if switch one of my Smashes to Charisma, Barrier, or Heaven Breath so i can also help party/cleric while doing damage , or does it have to be 2 debuff abilities for Offtank ?

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    Crito So, try to think of the terms Tank, Offtank, and Burst as belonging to a set of abilities that you bring on a quest. Those labels are independent of your gear score. For example, I am a 7/4/4/7 Soldier. But I can still play a Tank set if I use Antagonize, Battleshout, Mirror Guard, Balancing. Or I can play Offtank or Burst depending on what abilities I decide to bring. Your build and gearscore can affect how good you are in each role, but don't dictate which roles you can play.

The set you've listed (Smash, Divine Smash, Vanquish, and EE) is closest to an Offtank set. It debuffs and helps deal damage, but isn't especially good at taking hits or taking pressure off the Cleric because it has EE and no self-support move.

I'm going to compare your set to Smash, Deadly Clash, Vanquish, EE (which is a set I recommend trying out)

Pros of Your Set:
    -Higher DPS given unlimited cost. (Smash and Divine Smash have short cooldowns, so higher DPS if you have the cost to keep using them.)

Cons of Your Set:
    -Not as good at protecting the party. Can't apply debuffs as quickly and max debuffs over time is lower. (Vanquish + Clash can keep the enemy at -8/-4 if used repeatedly with combo. Combo Vanquish alone only keeps the enemy at -4/-4.)
    -Draws more aggro (I would argue that this is a con because your set has EE and no self-support, which puts extra pressure on the Cleric)

So, I think you're doing okay, but I recommend trying out an Offtank set with 2 debuffs (like Smash, Deadly Clash, Vanquish, EE) or using a party-support move instead of one of the smashes.

• Crito
    replied
    hi !! after i read your Soldier guide, i've been questioning about my Soldier Set (quest):
    i feel like i am Burst type because my Atk is more than my Def/Mdef (50k+ to 46k-49k+ ?): all my UR swords have Physical Testemant skills but 1 Heart of General skill (Divine Smash) and my monsters are in a mix with Avsaris, Apollo, Jack, Alice, Aizen, and Jabba (i don't have many good monsters ..) my set is 6/4/4/6 since i started as Lancer, all my 4 hats and 4 armors are UR
    * i also have alternative Soldier Set with less Atk because i changed monsters to Avsaris, Hachune Miku, Apollo, Aizen, SSR Yukino, and Poseidon, so more Def/Mdef (50k-51k+) and less atk (35k+)
    but i also feel like i am Offtank type because my abilities are similar to your Offtank abilities but not the same.. they are: Trip (replace basic attack), Smash, Divine Smash, Vanquish, and Ether Exchange . I equip Smash because i thought two debuff abilities weren't necessary and i still want to make enemies target at me more ??
    in my Soldier set, i am a Royal Protector with no unlocked abilities yet (sorry ....) , i am level 105 ( very close to 106) and my soldier set gear score is 174k including 10k bonus from furniture !
    Sorry for my long comment, i just don't know if my Soldier set needs some improvement..what do you think about this ?

Leave a comment:

• Mirabelle
    replied
    Originally posted by Crimson Rain View Post
    Mirabelle
    I've been seeing (and participating in) use of Attack Stance on Burst-type soldiers, on various kinds of quests.
    It greatly improves their DPS efficiency, and doesn't do much to increase their risks of death.
    Your thoughts on this method?
    Good question.

Short Answer: It's good during the quest but makes you worse at the boss fight and at taking down threatening monsters quickly.

Longer Answer: Attack stance improves your Damage-per-Cost efficiency but lowers your Burst power. Meaning it makes you do a little bit more damage during the quest but lowers the amount of damage you can dish out between stagger unis during the boss fight. (And I don't think attack stance is going to increase a burst soldier's risk of death very much, btw. So that's not really a big concern.)

Power per Cost Rankings
    1) Dual Impact (combo, attack stance) 21.33
    2) Dual Impact (combo) 18.66
    3) Antagonize (attack stance) 16.66
    4) Dual Sword (attack stance) 15.55
    5) Antagonize 15
    6) Dual Sword 13.33

^So assuming your ATK and DEF are roughly equal, you want to use Dual Impact with combo as much as possible for efficiency. Whether you're using attack stance or not.

Set: EE, Antagonize, Dual Impact, Dual Sword
    Best Power Per Cost: Antag + Dual Impact = 17.04
    Total Set Power per Second: 85.11
    Total Set Cost per Second: -4.96
    Total Possible Burst Power: 700

Set: EE, Antagonize, Dual Impact, Attack Stance
    Best Power Per Cost: Antag + Dual Impact = 19.26
    Total Set Power per Second: 68.88
    Total Set Cost per Second: -3.16
    Total Possible Burst Power: 520

So, here's what the above comparison means:
    If you drop Dual Sword for Attack Stance...
    ...you are 13% more efficient with your most cost-efficient combo. Which should mean you get 13% more ability power out of the same amount of cost spent.
    ...you do less DPS given unlimited cost (sometimes the party has Haste and/or multiple Asuka. It happens on occasion xD)
    ...you do less damage in between staggered uni, since you have 1 less attack to use.

I think the extra burst power during the boss fight is more important than being slightly more cost-efficient during the quest.

One thing the attack stance set has going for it though is that it's more foolproof--You can't accidentally spam your burst moves too soon and run out of cost early. The way you should be playing a burst set though is using only your efficent moves during the quest and only using your inefficient moves (Dual Sword) when you have extra cost or you're fighting the boss.
    Last edited by Mirabelle; 11-13-2016, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Crimson Rain
    replied
    Mirabelle
    I've been seeing (and participating in) use of Attack Stance on Burst-type soldiers, on various kinds of quests.
    It greatly improves their DPS efficiency, and doesn't do much to increase their risks of death.
    Your thoughts on this method?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X