5) Yamato, Hero Incarnate

Paragon
    1) Takeru Yamato, Dark Angel x2
    2) Gorgon x2
    3) Titan Golem x2
    4) Jabberwock the Ripper, Dark Angel

Arcadia Waves
    1) Takeru Yamato, Dark Angel x2 | Threat Summary: Nonlethal HP%, Paralyze, Blind, Prohibit Uni, Minor Buffs
    2) Medusa, Gorgon x2 | Threat Summary: Paralyze, Blind, Confusion
    3) Etherful Golem x2 | Threat Summary: High Defenses
    4) Apocalyptic Jabberwock, Dark Angel | Threat Summary: 80% Reflect, Heavy Damage, Paralyze, Nonlethal HP%
    Arcadia Quest Video

Arcadia Wave Notes:
    1) This
    Yamato uses Single Flash (single-hit version), Ame no Murakumo (HP%), Blinding Edge, Heavenly Fang, Victory Cry (only +2 instead of +6) Exigent Flash, Stake All. Kill the angels first so you don't die to HP% attack combos.
    2) Lots of 3-person status effect moves.
    3) The golems aren't very threatening, but they have high DEF/MDEF. Recommend a debuff uni or a Break Lancer. A single-proc Sting or procless Double Sting is enough to cause Break on the golems.
    4) Apocalyptic Jabberwock is extremely dangerous. He seemed to speed up either after we killed the angel or after we got him past half health. I could be imagining that though. He has a Nonlethal HP% attack called "Gravity" that he uses randomly, so it seemed like a good idea to kill the angel first to avoid combos. He hits INCREDIBLY hard with Vorpal Shatter (physical) and Purge (magical + 1x paralyze). He needs debuffs and the party needs reflect/barrier. Solid Mirror stance is a very fast 80% reflect, and he can use it as his 1st or 2nd move regardless of his health. It is not safe to attack Jabber after a uni. You must wait for him to use an ability before attacking.

General Wave Notes
    The Dark Angels should always be focused first unless you can burst down Yamato/Jabber very quickly. The Angels spam status effects and in Arcadia can potentially death-combo after HP% attacks.

YAMATO, HERO INCARNATE
    Element: None
    Threat Summary: Buffs, Debuffs, Balances party, Nonlethal HP% attack, Heavy Damage, INCREDIBLY FAST IN ARCADIA, Paralyze, Blind, Poison, Prohibit Uni
    **Special Note: In Arcadia ONLY he uses an ability every 1-3 seconds. He's insanely fast in Arcadia but fairly normal in Paragon.

Single Flash
    Type: Physical
    Targets: o o o
    Hits: 1
    Damage: Low-Medium
    Effect: None

Exigent Flash
    Type: Magical
    Damage: Medium
    Effect: Chance to 2x Paralyze

Serpent Sting
    Damage; Medium
    Effect: -3 All Stats, -4 Ailment Resistance, Chance to 1x Poison

Blinding Edge
    Hits: 2, chance to miss
    Damage: Low-Medium
    Effect: Chance to 2x Blind

Heavenly Fang
    Type: Physical & Magical
    Targets: o o o o o
    Hits: 2 (1 physical 1 magical)
    Damage: High
    Effect: Balances Party, Chance to Prohibit Uni

Stake All
    Type: Physical Piercing &Buff
    Damage: High
    Effect: +4 ATK, Balances Party, -6 DEF, Ignores Defensive Skills, Reflect, and Barrier

Ame no Murakumo
    Type: Nonlethal HP%
    Damage: 90% of current HP
    Effect: Clears Debuffs

Victory Cry
    Type: Buff
    Effect: Clears Debuffs, +6 ATK and MATK

Recommendations:
    Paragon:
    Someone should have Balancing.
    Area Refresh is good.
    Debuff monsters are helpful.
    I recommend Zephyrus to speed things up after Jabber uses Solid Mirror Stance.

Arcadia:
    Oh. My. Gosh. This is a terrifying quest. Elior and I ran it blind and cleared it, but 2 of the PUG players died once each, and 2-3 wards were lost.

Do not attempt to PUG Arcadia if you are below level 120. If you're just shy of 120 but you're a Cleric... you're probably okay.

Clerics should be attentive and experienced players.

He attacks nonstop and should have his ATK/MATK debuffed at all times. He must be Balanced instantly or the party can wipe. Stagger uni is extremely important.

My recommended default plan for stagger uni is 1-2 attacks, then the person closest to the top that has uni does a solo uni.
    And skip the Cleric because they will often be busy healing. Cleric uses uni when necessary.

Mandatory Abilities for the Party:
    Balancing x1 (NOT ON THE CLERIC)
    Recover x1
    Area Recovery x1
    Dignity x1
    Area Heal/Greater Aid x1

Additional Recommended Abilities for the Party:
    Vanquish x1
    Area Refresh x2
    Break-causing Set x1

Mandatory Monster Utility for the Party:
    Reflect Removal (Zephyrus)
    ATK/MATK Debuffs (Andromeda, Lilith)
    Status Removal (Ama, Water Valk)

Buffs (Valks, whatever)

Additional Recommended Monster Utility for the Party:
    Wards (Kagutsuchi)
    Barrier (Nezha, Carbuncle)
    Reflect (Ama, Snow White)

Shields (Aizen)
    Heals (Light Valk, Shinatobe, whatever)
    Buff Removal (Avsaris, Asuka)
    Slow (Alice, Dark Bunny)
    Please let me know if I'm missing any information or have anything incorrect. Feel free to post your strategy tips and recommendations. If they make sense to me, I'll update the main post!

Thanks LaconicLeaf for his incredibly necessary warning about Balancing and Break tips in Reply #3. Check that post out. Also for Golem Break info and noticing that Stake All is also a +4 ATK buff.
    Thanks PetPet for healing tips in Reply #5.
    Thanks Kaykyuu for information about Apocalyptic Jabberwock patterns.
    Thanks Cthulhu for suggesting targeting the Dark Angels first.
    Last edited by Mirabelle; 11-12-2016, 11:03 AM.
    IGN: Mirabelle | Guild: Too Nice
    UL ID: 2104891172

OML 32!!! But I'm a 107 ;^; xD rip me.

Comment

Paragon isn't that bad. Yamato Takeru dies way too fast to be considered a threat.

Arcadia, HOWEVER...

BRING. . JUST. BRING. IT.

I can't stress this enough. Yamato Takeru WILL buff himself immensely (boss wave, not the 1st wave). If you don't Balance him in time, expect to wipe then and there. (This doesn't seem like a quest where you can simply breeze through with a full Archer party given the HP and status effect spam...)

I don't care if you have to take off an attack skill. You can't deal damage if you're dead.

What is this buff, you may ask? Victory Cry. It boosts his stats by 60% each. This will be enough for him to one-shot anyone. Yamato also has moves which can Paralyze (1 stack) or Blind (2 stacks) as well. Consider taking along some Mass Refresh utility on the side. But his most dangerous move is Stake All, a team AoE which ignores Barriers/Reflects/Procs. If you're unlucky, he can crit you for 90k damage while at 0 buff and debuff stacks!
      (I had a run with 3 Archers and a Cleric. All the Archers died, and I lasted for quite a while with Asuka spam. Unfortunately, that 90k hit was too much. This is why you should use KFC/Mary.)

[RQ] Asuka won't be enough. You'll also need debuff utility like Lilith or Emilia as well. Be warned; Victory Cry also wipes debuffs inflicted. And he casts it frequently!

Thus, Haste can be useful to turbocharge Unis right at the boss wave, although you should stick to having a Lancer inflicting Break and Max chaining. Speaking of Lancers, be careful when partying with the typical Severe Sting/Cross Assault + X Lancers. Yamato is also rather tolerant to Break, requiring a 1 Heart proc Sting + 1 Heart proc Double Sting.

On another note, Jabberwock is also another concern. In Paragon, he's not that bad, being the cute SSR version. But Arcadia throws the UR version at our faces, and he has not only Vorpal Shatter, but a Magic version of that attack as well (Demise, iirc)! More importantly, he can cast Solid Mirror Stance (8 stack Reflect), so be careful.

All in all, it's better to stick to farming Paragon. It's risky trying to party with randoms atm for Arcadia, so you might want to wait it out until more people figure out the strategy.
      Last edited by LaconicLeaf; 11-04-2016, 12:51 PM.

IGN: FN || Leaf ID: 2042811095

This Is How You DO Play Lancers

Comment

• Christian16
        Christian16 commented
        Editing a comment
        LaconicLeaf Oh don't get me wrong paragon is easy no problem but like I'm just afraid of being a burden to the people who are doing Arcadia. So I might not even attempt at it with other people.

• Mirabelle
        Mirabelle commented
        Editing a comment
        LaconicLeaf Can you comment on the Break tolerance of the Golems on wave 3, good sir? I finally noticed they actually do have pretty sturdy defenses.

• LaconicLeaf
        LaconicLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Mirabelle The Titan Golems in Paragon have typical tolerances, needing about 1 Heart proc Sting to inflict Break into, iirc. It's like your typical mobs in about every other Event Quest.

Arcadia was the one with Etherful Golems, right? They seem to have such a low tolerance to the point where a procless Double Sting would Break them. It's been a bunch of hours since I last tested it, however, because Arcadia is just a nightmare without the right teammates, and I wouldn't want to come back just to waste 55 AP at the end.

Hm. Guess Ill be stuck to paragon quests. Say. What do you think the reforge mats for the weapons will be?
      IGN: Alexander
      ID:2061966018

100% Grade A Smash

Comment

• Christian16
        Christian16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe the void orbs?

• togashivior
        togashivior commented
        Editing a comment
        weapons require no orbs, just regular reforge materials, only pets required the orb, 3 for yamato i think

Strongly, strongly recommend bringing KFC / Mary for this. I've ran it twice now; first run two people died because I didn't refresh KFC right away. Second run, I had to re-apply KFC twice during the fight, but we all lived.

Other than that, balance / mass refresh are both good, uni-versions or otherwise. Asuka is great, as she can balance, give you a nice shield, AND recover cost. Aizen is also nice, as Yamato doesn't seem to have many multi-hits which would eat the shields all at once. Miku as well; her regen during uni animations is super handy, and she can also participate in a haste uni.

If you're healing, you NEED to learn the ability names and heal IMMEDIATELY once you can see who's being attacked. He attacks insanely fast and if you aren't proactive, he'll get a second attack off before your heal lands, and whoever he hits is going to die.

Edit: Jesus, Jabberwock is also a beast. He's probably just as deadly as the boss, so be ready for him. Worst part about him is that he puts up a reflect shield and then goes HAM with his attacks, and you just have to eat them since you can't finish him off while he's got an 80% reflect up (unless you have Zeph or something). My advice would be to leave him at high health until you've built up enough cost to burst him down, because he's more deadly at low HP %. We had him at like 15% when he put up a reflect shield, and that was bad news. Failed the quest that run, which hasn't happened to me in as long as I can remember.
      Last edited by PetPet; 11-04-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Updated the main post with info. I'll try to put up a video of an Arcadia run on my YT channel tonight and see if I can link it.

Comment

carefull with "Stake all", its an aoe Break Thrust, and in all the runs I made he buffs himself right after this attack, always, don't know if intended or not but at least it gives time for dignity to get out of cooldown while I use avsaris

Comment

Funny thing is as a 106 cleric i can heal and and keep things up on Arcadia(still need to spamheal during jab) but then i half half the party die on jab's reflect. 7 times...during single run.

Comment

Jabberwock ain't nothin' but a little ***** compared to the last boss on Arcadia.

Also, no love for Evangelion collab Mons? Most runs I do those are mandatory. Having two keeps the whole parry running on full cost, and the over shield (A.T. Field To be precise) is amazing for the survivability and to keep your cleric from having a stress induced heart attack. Mix with valks for defensive boost for the party. Because hard hitters.

Balancing/Debuffing the boss is mandatory. At 80% he can wipe a party of 130's with one hit, in the right situation.
              Last edited by Allan; 11-04-2016, 01:20 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

• Mirabelle
                Mirabelle commented
                Editing a comment
                The only Eva collab monster my entire guild has is one SSR Mari. So I don't consider those monsters much for questing. nn' But of course cost restoration and AT Fields are very good.

• Allan
                Allan commented
                Editing a comment
                Mirabelle oh that's unfortunate! I snagged green Mari and it literally sidelined my alice, zeph, Kirin, Emilia, Shinatobe, and practically any other green mon. They're just op.

Just ran a paragon and noticed his HP% attack (Ame no Murakumo) clears his debuffs. Sneaky.

Comment

• LucyWhite
                LucyWhite commented
                Editing a comment
                I saw someone use Benkei on this before he used the percentage thing ._. I was like wow... I shoulda thought of that :P

Thank you so much for this guide. Definitely saved the lives/gems of million.

I think it may be worth noting that Arcadia Jabberwock frequently casts Solid Reflect Stance as his first or second move. He does not have to be below any % health. Also attacking after a unison is sometimes not enough time to get an attack in before he casts the reflect. Our party got wipe because we thought it would be safe attacking after unison staggering.

Comment

• Mirabelle
                Mirabelle commented
                Editing a comment
                A cautionary tale. Thank you! ._.'

Mirabelle Ok, I tried Arcadia again thinking I had a better party than the first two attempts I had. And yes, the Etherful Golems are extremely easy to Break, taking a procless Double Sting or single Heart proc Sting to do so. Managed to clear the quest with an Archer dying to a Reflect, but she gemmed. Had someone bring KFC, and I focused on using Balancing and Lilith against Takeru. It was an Archer/Lancer/Lancer/Cleric/Mage party, with both Lancers knowing how to inflict Break (no Apollo Set Blessings).

One other thing -- Stake All also casts a 40% ATK boost to Takeru. When I looked at him after he used that move, I was like, "How come he has a 40% ATK buff out of nowhere?"

Also remember the name of the other windup Apocalyptic Jabberwock uses. It's called Purge, not Demise. And it's a hard single-hit Magic attack, rather than a multihit like Vorpal Shatter.

IGN: FN || Leaf ID: 2042811095

This Is How You DO Play Lancers

Comment

• Mirabelle
                Mirabelle commented
                Editing a comment
                LaconicLeaf Thank you!

Do you happen to know if Severe Sting has equivalent Break power to a procless Double Sting? I'm wondering if it's okay to recommend Severe Sting + Cross Assault on this quest over Sav. Sting + Double Sting, since the Golems are so easily breakable and Cross Assault is probably better burst damage in a stagger uni situation against Yamato.

Also, good call on the +4 ATK buff that comes along with Stake All. I totally missed that in the confusion of buffs and debuffs, but I went back in my recordings and confirmed. *thumbs up*

• LaconicLeaf
                LaconicLeaf commented
                Editing a comment
                Mirabelle It doesn't. An easy way to test it is to attack the Wyvern in Lab. Even with damage procs, Severe Sting fails to Break, but a procless Double Sting succeeds. Furthermore, the procs for Severe Sting only increases its damage, not its Break bonus. Severe Sting + Cross Assault has good damage, but it has worse Break reliability, and that helps more in the long run against Takeru when you need Max Chains for Uni upkeep.

So, what's everyone's ideal premade party for this?

It was hard to resist thinking about, so here's mine. x3

Cleric Recover, Greater Aid, Area Recovery, Dignity [Snow White/Mary]
              Archer Ether Exchange, Balancing, Deadly Arabesque, Qwaser Waltz [Emilia/Zephyrus]
              Archer Ether Exchange, Balancing, Deadly Arabesque, Qwaser Waltz [Emilia/Zephyrus]
              Offtank Lancer Ether Exchange, Area Refresh, Savage Sting, Double Sting [RQ Asuka]
              Tank Soldier Battleshout, Knight's Devotion, Antagonize, Vanquish [Water Valk/Andromeda]

(The Cleric would have enough Cost Recovery procs to justify Greater Aid, and the Soldier would be 7/7/7/2 with Seal of Attack main slot and 6 Vanquish procs for the rest.)

=u=

Comment

• LucyWhite
                LucyWhite commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh btw I don't think its necessary for savage sting, or double sting just pierce, and sting can do the trick. For paragon atleast for me it worked out fine.

• Zerockl
                Zerockl commented
                Editing a comment
                yea but savage/double combo does more damage and has a higher chance to break :3

Wait... if people aren't gonna run arcadia... that means me sub cleric can finally have a good party And not freakin lvl 110+ 150k gs useless ability setup noobs *fistpump* YUSHHHH
              ~F2P Noob~​ A Lancer Wanna-Be /)*^*/) (6/18/16) IGN: LucyWhite ID: 2142597804 GS: 310k LvL 160
              #F2PNub Feel Free To Add Me And Chat (/^3^)/

Comment

Which quests would be best for farming medals? Im around 130k gs.
                IGN: Alexander
                ID:2061966018

100% Grade A Smash

Comment

• HotMessExpress
                  HotMessExpress commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oddly, I've only gotten 1-4 medals from any quest so far. The single 4-medal quest was the time chest (3) and bonus card (1) of a 14 ap run. Drop rate seems consistent and low, with higher ap quests just removing more of the trash drops (gold, silver aug mats) from the card pool at the end. Have only run through a few refills of natural ap regen though
              Working...
              X