Announcement

Collapse

We're on Discord!

In case you missed it, Ateam now has an official (and active!) Discord server! A lot of forum activity has moved there, so click here to come join us!
See more
See less

Attention Salty Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatsya Souji
    commented on 's reply
    I dunno, but they found Protecting boring, and plus most popular media (anime for being a notable offender), depict leader characters with a sword, hence they're trying to make us offensive with our swords and axes.

• Mirabelle
    replied
    Originally posted by Crimson Rain View Post
    Being a cleric main, I don't mind my soldier set dealing sub-par damage, but when there are no good skills for protecting allies, and you'll get booted from parties if you try, what's the point of even having this class in the game? Sure you could go glass and be comparable to a lancer/mage, but then you're drawing aggro for defenses that can't handle it, plus your chances of inflicting break are about 3% with Rage Slash, can't imagine Dual Impact is much better. Right now it seems the class system is thus: Archers>Lancers>Mages>Clerics>Soldiers for PvP, and Archers>Mages>Lancers>Clerics>Soldiers for PvE. The only reason clerics are down on the list is because most people would only run with one cleric, if not do full mage/archer using their class healing skills along with uni to clear quickly and efficiently. Maybe soldiers will get buffed with the next ring, but since this one focused wholly on an aspect they can't utilize all that well without a massive wallet, I'm not feeling it.

TL;DR Soldiers are meant to protect, their latest "upgrades" do not support this, and have made them the least wanted class in any situation. Not that anyone wants to be protected, except by a healer.
    I am baffled at why people say they wouldn't want one Soldier in quest rooms. I can understand not wanting more than one, but you wouldn't want more than one Cleric either.

But... Cleric perspective, okay.

1) Do you find it helpful on quests when there is 1 Soldier present who is able to maintain aggro, letting you know exactly where the 1-person and 3-person attacks are going to hit?

2) Do you find it helpful on quests when a Soldier is so good at mitigating damage to themselves that you hardly ever have to use a single-target heal on them, even if they have aggro?

3) Do you find it helpful on quests when a Soldier is spamming Vanquish on the boss, keeping it constantly at -4 ATK/MATK or lower?

Leave a comment:

• Crimson Rain
    replied
    Being a cleric main, I don't mind my soldier set dealing sub-par damage, but when there are no good skills for protecting allies, and you'll get booted from parties if you try, what's the point of even having this class in the game? Sure you could go glass and be comparable to a lancer/mage, but then you're drawing aggro for defenses that can't handle it, plus your chances of inflicting break are about 3% with Rage Slash, can't imagine Dual Impact is much better. Right now it seems the class system is thus: Archers>Lancers>Mages>Clerics>Soldiers for PvP, and Archers>Mages>Lancers>Clerics>Soldiers for PvE. The only reason clerics are down on the list is because most people would only run with one cleric, if not do full mage/archer using their class healing skills along with uni to clear quickly and efficiently. Maybe soldiers will get buffed with the next ring, but since this one focused wholly on an aspect they can't utilize all that well without a massive wallet, I'm not feeling it.

TL;DR Soldiers are meant to protect, their latest "upgrades" do not support this, and have made them the least wanted class in any situation. Not that anyone wants to be protected, except by a healer.

Leave a comment:

• Daivix
    replied
    Well, i'm the most hated class right now so my comment might be taken as trolling, but in my opinion: Soldiers are fine...almost.

Soldiers were incredible before the 5th rings since they were able to do a High DPS and also Tank at the same time. (Not mentioning charisma tho)
    So most of the soldiers were pretty much Godlike...it made no sense.

In any case, what needs a buff is the Tank version of the Soldier, maybe by implementing some skills in order to use those defenses efficiently.
    Maybe some ability to redirect all the aggro/damage effectively, a way better version of Knighs Loyalty or even an AOE Counter version.
    Tanks are useless in the meta right now because they can't actually tank or defend their team effectively, in my opinion anyways.

If you want to do DPS, then go for a Burst build but do not ask to Tank and DPS at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• BlueDragonSonder
    replied
    I kinda feel that Soldier needs some rework...
    Now mages skills are good enough and even passives...wait...did i say passives are gud? HELL NO! Mages become more useless at PVP due to elemental passives, WHO NEEDS THAT?!?!? Just have a Archer with DA and Qwaser on PVE and done! Mages become more PVE than PVP

Defiance Soldier?
    WHO CARES!! Let me just put a 4 lancers in the battle!

Leave a comment:

• Exifea
    commented on 's reply
    Tanks are practically useless in this game sadly.

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    felixng2016 I would be very upset if I had 6 or 7 triple-infused Reflection XL helms and was encouraged not to use them. That's tough. :c

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    You are right that it's messed up that Soldiers are basically forced into Cost reallocation. If Ateam suddenly made all the 6th ring Mage skills scale off MDEF more than anything else, that would be very upsetting.

However, the Soldier class is not 'last' if you change your build. Soldiers built the ways I've outlined have damage and utility comparable to Mages and Lancers.

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    distime Please look up the 'No true Scotsman' fallacy, if you get a chance.

If a 7-weapons Soldier knows she's up against Mages or Archers and doesn't have generic Reflection XL gear, she could run all Magic Reflection XL or Magic Damage Down XL gear and go full ATK. At that point, Dual Impact is the best Soldier burst damage skill and hits pretty hard. Rage Slash becomes a niche tool for breaking through opponents who have tons of defensive procs, or reflect from opening skills or other sources.

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    At the risk of getting off-topic... I think Clerics can build with 7 weapons as well and do just fine. Healing does scale more off of MATK than MDEF, and more Cost Recovery or healing procs can be a big deal.

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    HotMessExpress Yes. Thank you. Pre-5th ring Soldiers had the best of both worlds. No other class could build full-defense and still have good burst damage. And now there are 2 potential Soldier archetypes instead of just one.

• Chaz
    replied
    For me it was never a matter of having weaker attacks with my build. My beef is with trying to get soldiers to dish out gems to change builds to use the 5th ring abilities better. I like tanking! I specifically join quests that have no soldier just to draw attacks away from the party. I had high hopes of becoming tankier with 5th ring release. Not to be told the build I had worked hard to acquire armor and helms for was not going to work with 5th ring. I understand the numbers but, if I wanted to have more attack I would have put more cost into weapons. I'm sure a lot of tanks would have appreciated newer support abilities like kl and kd that matched the builds that the game steered us in the direction to have. If you have the build for successful soldier 5th ring abilities then that's great. I'm not changing what I worked for and as you stated, yes I'm allowed to be salty about the build aspect.

Leave a comment:

• LaconicLeaf
    commented on 's reply
    That's because 120k DEF only mitigates like 24k damage. Assuming a 90k ATK Lancer attacks you with Cross Assault when you're inflicted with Break, they can deal from 44,040 (procless) to 74,280 (double proc) per hit of Cross Assault if none of your procs trigger! (after DEF mitigation is applied)

Yup, 180 AP is that strong... Just imagine getting hit by Knight's Blitz twice (albeit slightly weaker), and there you go, that's Cross Assault for you.
    Last edited by LaconicLeaf; 10-07-2016, 01:31 AM. Reason: fixed errors in calculations

• Chronic
    commented on 's reply
    Even if the 6th archer ring is absolutely terrible the 5th ring skills are beyond good enough to be used in 6th ring.

• Kayane
    replied
    This reminds me of the days where lancers complained about being so weak xD I feel your pain
    But I'm kinda glad they made soldiers do less damage they should be tanks not berserkers! I know tanking may not be relevant right now but I'm sure maybe they'll adjust some stuff eventually to make soldiers super tanks!! Maybe one day soldiers will be able to absorb AOEs for the whole party or something you know? That would be amazing!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X