Announcement

Collapse

We're on Discord!

In case you missed it, Ateam now has an official (and active!) Discord server! A lot of forum activity has moved there, so click here to come join us!
See more
See less

Attention Salty Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    Last night I ran the Miku event on Arcadia with my guild, and it illustrated a big problem with the role of tank players in difficult content. The time bonus was super strict. We didn't even bring a tank and we still couldn't make it in time. And 2 people died x_x (arguably because we didn't have a tank lol. Saw Valk unbuffed do a 100k crit)

As long as the time bonus for endgame content remains extremely hard to hit, there's very little argument for running anything other than 1 Cleric + 4 Archers.
    Last edited by Mirabelle; 10-08-2016, 02:41 PM.

• Chaz
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! I do all those things, lol.

• Zerockl
    commented on 's reply
    thats not only aproblem for soldiers but mages and lancers too, make your own guild, there will be enough rejected classes to fill it

• Zerockl
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    Just like the 5th ring Soldier, archer going to get shafted for the 6th ring.
    hahaha no

• Mosaic
    replied
    I can't imagine why you would ever even need a soldier on your team if you can run full archers and a cleric.

Leave a comment:

• Hatsya Souji
    commented on 's reply
    Or something with Auto-casting Armor-dependent Meteor Rain ability for soldiers, will go back again for it!

• felixng2016
    commented on 's reply
    I would say a properly built soldier might top mage which is also a bit weak but def not lancer but lancers are weak against archers so thats a pro in soldiers favor.

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    Nemurerumori My ATK% on Swords includes Lancer shared traits. It's 48% if you look at it that way.
    General = 3 + 2 + 3 + 5 = 13
    Royal Protector = 3 + 8 + 5 + 2 = 18
    Lancer Shared Traits = 2 + 3 + 5 + 7 = 17
    Total = 48%

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    Nemurerumori About the Cleric-perspective questions. I should have clarified that my questions were related to Soldier in general, and not necessarily to any specific build of Soldier or usage of 5th ring skills. More about the potential things that a Soldier can do during PvE content. And not necessarily all on the same set.

• Daivix
    replied
    Mirabelle
    1) Do you find it helpful on quests when there is 1 Soldier present who is able to maintain aggro, letting you know exactly where the 1-person and 3-person attacks are going to hit?

2) Do you find it helpful on quests when a Soldier is so good at mitigating damage to themselves that you hardly ever have to use a single-target heal on them, even if they have aggro?

3) Do you find it helpful on quests when a Soldier is spamming Vanquish on the boss, keeping it constantly at -4 ATK/MATK or lower?
    Not at all, because they might be able to draw the aggro from single hits but thats not that important imo. Also, you are sacrificing one slot for a mixed guy who cant really deal DPS and cant tank for your squad.

As a healer, you should be able to control the situation just fine (unless someone go crazy with EE)

If Soldiers were able to do some kind of AOE Reflect or a way to deal Damage by actually Tanking or defending the party members (not based on your DEF status like DS), now that will be an useful member.

As[ Nemurerumori said, right now they are Pseudo-Lancers who cant inflict break, thats why i think the solution to this problem is giving them abilities to actually tank, rather than an improved Dual Sword.

Leave a comment:

• Daivix
    commented on 's reply
    Hatsya Souji Actually...you might be right as silly as it sounds. That's Marketing for yall.

• Nemurerumori
    replied
    Forgot to point out that your passives for ATK% on Sword is incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• Nemurerumori
    replied
    Relevant to your data, this is the 5th ring analysis I never bothered releasing I made ages ago. I've shown it to ATEAM Admin about a week after fifth ring release. Ignore the 3777 7773 Soldier cost mixup. The numbers were interchangeable to display change out the number of slots utilized for all classes with "25 cost gear in all slots" versus "25 cost 3-infuse +198 all slots".

The problem isn't about damage efficiency or anything like that. It's that the class has lost its purpose by getting a fifth ring at the same time seventh slot was released. The burst potential was disproportionately raised for all classes through the means of superior offensive abilities and additional gearslots, meaning the offense:defense ratio is horribly skewed. Building as a pseudo-Lancer means you will exchange Break for Aggro, which is actually a terrible, terrible thing to do if you aren't stacking excess defense.

The issue here is that it costs 200 gems to "repurpose" yourself via cost allocation to being a pseudo-Lancer who can't handle aggro/tanking roles for crap. Endgame Soldiers like me have to give up over 20 infusions worth of equipment to adapt to the "new optimal Soldier."

To answer your cleric perspective questions:

1) Gearing for Antagonize+DualImpact means you need to keep your physical defense high and your attack much much higher, pushing my MDEF ranges down from 50k~80k -> 25k~40k. You cannot handle aggro like this. For a tank, the likelihood of being attacked is five times higher. Think you can shoulder that burden with this stat discrepancy?

2) Those Soldiers aren't running Dual Impact build... and you must not have been running the highest difficulty then if that's what you saw.

3) This has nothing to do with 5th ring Soldier.
    Last edited by Nemurerumori; 10-07-2016, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hatsya Souji
    commented on 's reply
    I run a tanky lancer build, distime, as in today 6/4/5/4 (may be 7/5/5/4 soon).

• distime
    commented on 's reply
    @Mirabelle
    What you are describing is a tanky lancer build.
Working...
X