Announcement

Collapse

We're on Discord!

In case you missed it, Ateam now has an official (and active!) Discord server! A lot of forum activity has moved there, so click here to come join us!
See more
See less

Attention Salty Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exifea
    commented on 's reply
    4) Do you find it helpful when your Soldier saves you from a double Berserk, Metus' Fear, Succubus' Confuses or Ifrit's Forgotten Flames with Mass Refresh?

• Hatsya Souji
    commented on 's reply
    Daivix : Just look at some of the Kamen Riders / Masked Riders, then our fellow jRPG and wRPG main characters... promo and official weapons of theirs are mostly swords!

Particular examples: Ex-Aid has transformable hammer/sword (KR Ex-Aid), Noctis can summon swords, lances, and other sort of melee weapons (FFXV), the Dovakhiin from ES Sky—min has a sword from its promo vid.

Dem marketing!

Ateam Admin : If you're nerfing us soldiers so mad, might as well put Filo and Ares in deep danger, and change UL opening video with Mariel, Tistino, Luca, and that shota blondie cleric fighting Jabba for 2017.

Guest commented on 's reply
    Zerockl Lancer is fine because it would be better to have a good Lancer replace one of those archers for best results due to break. Soldiers and mage have nothing to bring

• LaconicLeaf
    commented on 's reply
    Even in 4th Ring, Lancers still had the OP Basic Attack and Break utility. If Double Sting, Break Thrust, and Dragon Crush were as good back then as they are now, then Lancer's 4th Ring wouldn't actually be that bad.

• LucyWhite
    replied
    Wait... "Soldiers is the new Lancer" :O That means people won't kick me!

Leave a comment:

• HotMessExpress
    commented on 's reply
    Or replace the 20% HP with a mirror or something. The added HP isn't doing much (as people have said, because any important boss is hitting high % defense-ignoring damage) and in some cases it's getting the soldiers hassled because people think they're bringing HB. At least a mirror might add to damage output

• Chaz
    commented on 's reply
    Stoic C. R. E. A. M.!

• Rezorrose
    replied
    A-team tried to make soldiers offensive tanks and succeeded with 4th ring. They wanted to again and avoid a huge sh*t storm so did not give DI the ATK and DEF scale in the 5th. They did that and didn't really give us something good in place of it ( Battle shout)

For example instead a 20%HP and ATK buff change it to increase hits of ATK based abilities up to 2

Give Dual impact a +2 debuff

Raging slash AP increases with damage taken. AP resets after every use
    Last edited by Rezorrose; 10-09-2016, 05:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chronic
    replied
    A big problem imo right now is that basically every high leveled boss in the game has a party wide % attack that makes your hp meaningless. Bring tanky doesn't matter when you are put down to like 5% hp right through your defenses.

This is the reason why most parties prefer just to go full dps and kill the boss as fast as they can. A prolonged fight with one of these bosses greatly increases your death chance. This is especially true with bosses like Ra that will just barrier and heal so much that he becomes basically unkillable. 4 archer or 4 mage parties will literally pop a boss in seconds with the right buffs, so being less tanky is a non factor.
    Last edited by Chronic; 10-09-2016, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gang
    commented on 's reply
    Agree. Nezha used to be great, valk used to sweet, Kirin used to be awesome. Now they are just average, since Ateam went ahead and combined all the best monsters skills together and say, Whale, spend your money.

• Beebop
    replied
    I think we can unanimously agree that soldiers pre-5th ring having the ability to burst as well as lancers while keeping their defences high was seriously broken. So it's nice there's two options, the tank or dps route with tradeoffs. The big issue is tank soldiers have limited use in difficult PvE content. The last time I recalled tank soldiers being useful was... the Valentine's event Arcadia difficulty. Where having a soldier taking aggro on top/bottom positions would drastically help your cleric pre-target heals while protecting your squishies. Maybe they would've been useful in Zephyrus, but I haven't seen any for obvious reasons. I think there needs to be more events like that, more enemies, more single/AoE attacks and less of the % attack nonsense. There also needs to be an option to reconfigure your party's order in pre-made lobbies, even friend questing doesn't work sometimes.

Another problem is the ever lasting powercreep in monsters. Now we have monsters that buff and protect like Snow White, or drastically increase dps like Wind Athena, whereas back then there was usually some tradeoff between buffs and protection on the boss. So it becomes easier to sweep through content with these overpowered monsters and a full dps team.

Leave a comment:

• HalcyonFelicity
    commented on 's reply
    as a squishy archer I want to move away from soldier cuz aggro, clerics would probably panic about healing me and ill STILL die...
    Last edited by HalcyonFelicity; 10-08-2016, 11:36 PM. Reason: added one more word into the postttt

• Mirabelle
    commented on 's reply
    Stoic Gosh being able to switch positions on the fly (or even just position based on order within the room) would be so nice.

I think we already have some pretty hard-hitting enemies in paragon/arcadia content, though! It's mostly bosses. Recently, Ra had a really hard-hitting single-target multi-hit attack. Valkyrie hits extremely hard with Slash (I have a recording of her hitting a 100k crit on one my guild members, lol)

I think it's relatively easy to build a soldier set that takes mimimal damage from nearly everything while still holding aggro. (Antagonize + Mirror Guard + whatever as a simple example.) It's just difficult to do that while still keeping up dps, which needs to be done to make the time bonus.

• felixng2016
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    There was a Unison League video I watched from youtube. It was early day of UL when a extremely difficult quest just released. In order to beat it, they positioned a soldier on the very bottom or top to draw aggro (when hit, only 2 members will damage). They will keep restarting quest until proper position is in place. Then you cast barrier on the near by member for splash damage.

Two improvements in game that can immediately make soldier useful.

1. Release extremely high damage new event/quest, it will one hit every class except tank soldier/cleric.
    2. Let us position where we stand, so we can make sure soldier can tank properly.
    The bad thing is aggro drawing is inconsistent though its gotten better

Leave a comment:

• Gang
    replied
    There was a Unison League video I watched from youtube. It was early day of UL when a extremely difficult quest just released. In order to beat it, they positioned a soldier on the very bottom or top to draw aggro (when hit, only 2 members will damage). They will keep restarting quest until proper position is in place. Then you cast barrier on the near by member for splash damage.

Two improvements in game that can immediately make soldier useful.

1. Release extremely high damage new event/quest, it will one hit every class except tank soldier/cleric.
    2. Let us position where we stand, so we can make sure soldier can tank properly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X