Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancers in mobius

YOU GUYS HAD 1 JOB

Please buff lancers and give them a guaranteed chance to break cause this is ridiculous..

Yes please. Guaranteed break. Also remove break chance from all classes except for lancers. That way we're actually needed.

(Oh and increase overall ability power for all lancer moves and add a stacking multiplier for lancers attacking broken targets, something like dmg multiplies more and more after each hit on a broken target)
    Last edited by Celica; 04-19-2016, 07:25 PM.
    Bring Gender Spawn back!

Comment

• Vostera
      Vostera commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you on all that 100% xD except for the guaranteed break chance. Thats kinda too OP and it'll nullify the use for heart of the spear lances. So either ateam makes a new lance or we probably won't get guaranteed break. Plus if you have a few heart of spears it's almost guaranteed xD

Dat context tho... I think lancers do need buffs here and there but not on break chances. You should have 3-4 lances that proc pierce/stings and if you're still not dealing break reliably then take all three break skills. After that it's simply learning when to save your friggin cost.
    Question everything. ID: 2078755433

Comment

That feeling when the lancer uses Hb on floor 1.

Comment

Then lancer uses cure

Comment

• MTT the Tank
          MTT the Tank commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually found one in mob...

Lancers are fine the way they are. Most people just don't know how to build and use one.
        IGN: CS || Ace

Guilds:

COLOSSUS (Rank 1 for RGB5 and RB6)
        E.X Slayer (Rank 1 for RGB7)

Comment

• Vostera
          Vostera commented
          Editing a comment
          Meme Lord stay tuned... Lol

• Celica
          Celica commented
          Editing a comment
          Ace Why is it so easy to build any other class? There's obviously an issue with lancers if lots of people don't even know what a lancer is supposed to be. There's an issue when lancer is the absolute least popular class in the game especially in top guilds. It's not about people being dumb, it's about the class having a major identity crisis and not being as efficient as other classes. They lack utility. They are falsely marketed as a damage dealing class. Theres no useful guide for them. Don't even mention the top 50-100 lancers and the top 100 rgb lancers cause they're just decked out in infusions and other crazy stuff. They need that stuff in order to get anywhere near on par with everyone else. Lancers are not okay the way they are because they have close to no purpose compared to the other classes. You can totally get by easily without a lancer and it shouldn't be like that.
          Last edited by Celica; 04-19-2016, 09:52 PM.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          How bout teaching mods what a personal attack is

Bugged Lancer mechanics. That's why I play one in Mobius to bottleneck the ones who use Cure, HB, or Thrusts.
        Last edited by LaconicLeaf; 04-19-2016, 09:17 PM.

IGN: FN || Leaf ID: 2042811095

This Is How You DO Play Lancers

Comment

Celica Meme Lord

I'm not going to write a full guide on lancers because I don't main the class, so my guide would be overlooking tons of nuances that normal mains would know on. I'll let other lancer mains who play the class properly to write one.

Also Celica, it isn't easier or harder to build a lancer. People just don't understand math. Mages and CB Archers maximize damage at all costs because of their circumstances. One class is never in danger of dying while the other will die no matter what. Later on towards end-game when the defense threshold isn't a huge issue, AP matters a lot more than raw stats in terms of damage, so multihit moves scale a lot better in terms of damage, so lancers aren't gaining as much damage per stat increase due to a lack of a move like Lethal Strikes or Meteor Strike.

Lancers, thus, must balance damage output with survivability, since their role isn't to dish out as much damage as possible (that's a mage's job). And what matters the most in Unison League? Procs, baby. Lancers should rely on damage from procs and should rely on surviving from procs. They should maximize their weapons cost to dish out damage while maintaining high defensive cost for procs to survive. Monsters ONLY offer flexibility with stats, But, as we know from the damage formula, every offensive gear score only contributes 40% to actual damage while every defensive gear score only contributes 20% to damage mitigation. Raw stats aren't useful once you surpass the defense barrier (which lancers do easily due to their high attack), so they can afford sacrificing some attack stat without losing that much damage, since their attacks are single high AP moves. With increased survivability, they become true menaces on the battlefield.

If you approach each class with logic rather than blindly following what you feel is right, building a class properly isn't very difficult. You must understand the role of each class and how it fits into the current game mechanics. The largest difference between lancers and mages/archers is their lack of multihit moves as well as their large HP pool. That creates tons of differences in how they should be used to their fullest potential.
          Last edited by Ace; 04-20-2016, 03:54 AM.
          IGN: CS || Ace

Guilds:

COLOSSUS (Rank 1 for RGB5 and RB6)
          E.X Slayer (Rank 1 for RGB7)

Comment

• Cervex
            Cervex commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay this makes more sense now

Just make sure to debuff on wave 15, breaking should be easy after that
          When I let noobs die

Shout out to Miki for the great drawing

SB4ever mfers

Comment

• Link
            Link commented
            Editing a comment
            You don't even need Break, with Lilith and your general Valk buffs you can kill him without. Killed one Wave 15 Golem last hour and he wasn't broken all the time (as a Soldier).

Lancers are fine in Mobius. Come back again if you still see problems after lancers actually start carrying EE + Savage Sting + Sting + Pierce and equip Heart of the Spear/Secret of the Spear. I don't even know where to begin when it comes to listing some of the abilities lancers carry; I've seen Demoralize, Dragon Crush, Berserker's Spirit, HB, Eagle Eye, WTB, and CURE. the lancers who carry their 8k HP Cures are my favorite.
          IGN: Carmine I Ecchi I Risqué

Home is where the heart is--with family and friends.

Comment

• Vostera
            Vostera commented
            Editing a comment
            The mages bringing judgement are my favorite 😆
        Working...
        X