Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to start UL all over again- what would you do differently?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't change a lot really, I would keep the same cost allocation and stay Mage which is the class I have the most fun playing as.
    However I would take the time to reroll this time around, and keep spawning the Beginner Spawn to get a Valkyrie. If I had done that instead of keeping my wind Lance, UL Life would have been sooo much easier.

¤ LichtKreis ¤

Comment

I wish i knew about the forums and all these great sticky guides before starting... I multi device too... so I started all my toons within a week of each other... only one I really dont have past 75 is an archer... and maybe its not too late for me to salvage some of these toons... but for now I just need to focus on upping my GS , rank and level... and hope the RNG gods smile on me when I decide to gem for gear ;P

Comment

Everything.

UL IGN:
        Raku ID
        : 2039108443
        VC IGN: Raku
        ID:665224595

Comment

1) Don't work on weapons that boosts skills you'll never use. I got these swords that boosts soldier smashes and clashes from the 1st - 3rd rings. No, siree!
          2) I agree with everyone above. Don't choose the lancer route. If you're a lancer-only class, take advantage of the event collecting orbs and medals ASAP. Any DPS class is better than lancer. I recommend archer. Every competitive guild needs archers.
          3) Allocate cost wisely.

Signature by @Tafffffy

Comment

• Viv
            Viv commented
            Editing a comment
            My archer and mage set is 6/3/4/6. If I were to change this I'd make it 6/2/5/6 as armors give better stats.

• chico_o
            chico_o commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats great info for a starter like me Viv, thank you! though I may have to tweak right now since Im not yet 90 Im 5/3/3/5... only have 5 items UR'd

• Viv
            Viv commented
            Editing a comment
            You're getting there. Good luck!

Had a decent number of plusses on a dragoon armor at one point and ended up feeding it away :P
          Too casual for signatures...

Comment

I basically sold all items with pluses in them until I hit about level 60-70. Really regret doing that. Funny thing was, I only found out what the pluses were for when two of my guild mates were randomly talking about it x]

Comment

since i've been playing for bout 315+ days now, one thing i would change is:
              1. Save pluses, i didn't know about pluses till about 2-3 months into the game.
              2. maybe some cost changes
              otherwise i've been pretty lucky
              When I let noobs die

Shout out to Miki for the great drawing

SB4ever mfers

Comment

Less YOLO spawns. I'm one of the most unlucky spawners in this game and I should have just saved my gems more for class spawn and AP refills. I should have avoided Divine Grace/Thanksgiving spawn like the plague. To this day, I haven't added a new spawn SSR to my equips since August, and that was just one item. Other than that one item from August, everything I'm holding is either event items, class spawn (NO SSRs), or from my Beginner Spawn, which I rerolled 6 times to get. Everything after was pure useless for me. PAST ME, IF YOU SEE THIS, DO NOT SPAWN.
                Last edited by Ace; 03-31-2016, 12:54 AM.
                IGN: CS || Ace

Guilds:

COLOSSUS (Rank 1 for RGB5 and RB6)
                E.X Slayer (Rank 1 for RGB7)

Comment

Forgot to mention this on my last post, but gemming for AP to farm 3 Apollos and 2 Jabberwock orbs the first time their events were here. Doesn't sound that big of a deal at first, but they're cost inefficient.

Adding to this is ignoring Soultaker the two times he was here. Never knew he was that good as a cost efficient monster stat stick, and when I found out by the second time, his event was long over.

IGN: FN || Leaf ID: 2042811095

This Is How You DO Play Lancers

Comment

• Ace
                    Ace commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cost efficiency matters more if you're aiming for a more balanced build. If you're aiming to maximize a stat, like attack, slots are your limitation, not cost.

That's some unlucky spawning Ace... holy smokes, and I thought I had it bad!

Comment

• Ace
                    Ace commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There's always someone who has it worse. That's a lesson we all need to learn.

I would still be a lancer! I have hope that one day we will stop getting the end of the stick now that clerics got a buff. Seriously tho...even soldiers hit harder than us and a lower cd :<
                  ****** I would've gotten the ether from the guild store the first time around!******

Comment

Oh yeah that's a long list:
                    -Save gems instead of AP restoration.
                    - save all the + items from spawn. (Was level 86 till I realized what it was for)
                    -don't spawn unboosted, regular spawns. Wait for good spawn options.
                    -don't sell SSR->UR gear because it was the opposite genders (so many lost..)
                    290k+ General ----

Comment

Picking anything else but lancer ~.~ I always like to pick the physical DD class in any rpg game but they totally screwed lancers over Lol so weak.
                      Question everything. ID: 2078755433

Comment

• chico_o
                        chico_o commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I keep kicking myself for not doing the research on classes before starting, then making similar mistakes rolling alts around the same time... I have 2 devices so I always do 1 DPS/Tank and a Healing class in case i need to solo things on my own... but wow... learning curve

Crossdress all day

Comment

Adding arranging +'s correctly in gear... lol

Comment

Working...
                        X