Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimal Soldier setup/ what's meta these days?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimal Soldier setup/ what's meta these days?

What's up, nerds, I've returned from a yearlong+ break from this wackjob game and am thinking about respeccing. What's currently meta right now?

As of right now I'm a lv130 190-220K GS Soldier-Oracle side ho who has a large number of armors, swords, axes, tomes, and relics.

Any help in build suggestions is appreciated, and for the record: Yes I do have full Asvaris gear. The big monsters I got are:
    -Joan of Arc (my favorite and ol' reliable) merged with another Joan
    -Yukino
    -Asvaris
    -Nidhogg
    -Fiine
    -Jabberwock
    -Apollo
    -Halloween Jack
    -Artemis x2
    -Aizen
    -Ushiwakamaru
    -Poseidon x2
    -Siren
    -Nereusa Lambda
    - Nyx
    -Flora
    -Behemoth
    -Varma
    -Amaterasu
    -Lamia

boi ---

Comment

start over

no sarcasm
      Nemurerumori / Sword / Fujin
      Guild: COLOSSUS
      Game ID: 2017106838
      ----- ID: Slypheed
      Password: 123456

Comment

If you start over you’ll most likely surpass 220k and have 10x a better arsenal of monsters and gear than your original account within the span of maybe a week or two. I’m sorry to say but I think none of those monsters you listed are relevant anymore.. I think starting a new account will entitle you to some free class gear too! As for the meta I think you can play however you like in pve but in pvp anything that builds uni is the meta and having high cost monsters to basically do everything for you I’m not an expert but I think soldiers have a pretty nice arsenal of moves to gain uni and treasure hunters do too. You’re in for some wack job pvp these days if you ask me haha have fun cheering and pressing the uni button that’s all pvp is nowadays

Comment

I thought this was a post from 2 years ago but its from today. No, no, no, this dude should not start over again, he is a living fossil. He represents an era of unison league that will never return. Feel proud to show off your antique gear and first generation monsters!

Comment

• Kayane
            Kayane commented
            Editing a comment
            But you can easily get all that lovely antique gear from video spawns

• Lindo
            Lindo commented
            Editing a comment
            Kayane the video spawn antique gear would have... sub-skills. Sub-skills are not true antiques, those are whale gear. Remember, old gear do not have sub-skills, sub-skills were viewed as P2W costing 3 gems to apply. This dude has a whole 200k gear set with no sub-skills.

Originally posted by Tripolic X View Post
          I thought this was a post from 2 years ago but its from today. No, no, no, this dude should not start over again, he is a living fossil. He represents an era of unison league that will never return. Feel proud to show off your antique gear and first generation monsters!
          Honestly I didn't realize all my classic forum goons were gone. Big sad. I'll keep this account as a relic, but yeah maybe I'll run an alt alongside it. 1st generation player here, guess I might be one of the last of my kind.

Comment

• Lindo
            Lindo commented
            Editing a comment
            Based on your gearscore from a year ago, I'm pretty sure that you have a lot of story quests that you can do to harvest gems. Even if you run an alt, you still need to farm gems by doing story mode, so imo there really isn't that large of a difference. The current beginner support campaign parades ancient gear for free, and gives out a hell-ton of augment mats too (SSR guaranteed trash tickets, 29+ monster ticket, etc.). Either way, it should be the same, and your progress should be alright with the same amount of time invested.

• Chisaku
            Chisaku commented
            Editing a comment
            There are a couple of us 1st gen still around, just not many of us left.

• Matamume
            Matamume commented
            Editing a comment
            Also a 1st gen, back when 100k gs was "WOW!". Took a 2 year hiatus, came back and I was only like 60k gs. But I worked my butt off to get relevant and now I'm 800k! You could totally surpass your old account by rerolling, but it's not necessary. I still have my stuff from a long time ago too. ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Everything is meta. Pick your favorite class or let RNGesus pick for you if/when you decide to restart (as everyone already said, you definitely should restart).

Comment

• Gwyyn
            Gwyyn commented
            Editing a comment
            Made a new account, still keeping my old one for memories and kicks, and RNGesus has deemed me Archer-Lancer. Such is the will of the numbers, and I shall obey.

I agree that you should start over. Also, I'd recommend doing it when a summoning scroll only spawn comes out again. Shoot for the highest cost monster or second highest cost monster that they have. Optionally, wait for another awesome step up spawn like we got recently and hope for some of the amazing weapons/armors.

Comment

Varma on all slots for epic hero power.

Comment

• Lindo
              Lindo commented
              Editing a comment
              Varma Blessing XXL, 100 IQ move

Sell your account with the tags: [ANTIQUE] [CLASSIC] [VINTAGE] and then use that money to buy gems for your new account. If you're having trouble convincing your customer to buy it, just put on a super confident appearance as you tell them all the first generation monsters you have will undergo a monster rebirth in the future.
            [

Comment

• Matamume
              Matamume commented
              Editing a comment
              We can't condone selling accounts.... (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Do the Beginner Spawns that have the Damage Reduction XL constant gear until you have two of these. They're the best armor in the game when you do not need to worry about reflect.

Spend your gems on 80gem class spawns for weapons once you figure out what you want to play as.

Spend 15 gems on the "featured item guaranteed" for featured spawns once each time it appears. The price will go to 30 after, so it's not as worth it. You have pretty good odds for excellent monsters, such as the priorities.

Do the lower cost step up spawns until you get your hands on a couple 34C+ utility monsters you can rely on in general questing or guildbattle. Then, save up for the 120gem stepups with a guaranteed 37C monster if you want a fancy shmancy one.

Keep all armors that have an element attached to them. These provide massive +20,000 DEF and MDEF bonuses against enemies that are weak against it. (Fire monsters deal less damage to you when you have Water armor on.) These do not boost damage for attacks that scale on defense.

Keep all weapons with an element attached to them. Each weapon gives 3 element. You get a +5% damage boost per element advantage.

Sell anything SSR you do not need. You will get recycle medals. After obtaining 200 recycle medals, exchange it for the 27c+ SSR weapon coupon of your class every month. A third of the weapons here will give you a Seal XL skill, which are the best weapon skills in the game. Anything non-seal can be used as infusion for your Seal when you do get one.
            Last edited by Nemurerumori; 06-11-2019, 12:11 PM.
            Nemurerumori / Sword / Fujin
            Guild: COLOSSUS
            Game ID: 2017106838
            ----- ID: Slypheed
            Password: 123456

Comment

• Gwyyn
              Gwyyn commented
              Editing a comment
              Sound stuff here, I'll give it a roll.
          Working...
          X