X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "... and more" problem

Hi Everyone,
    I YOLO'd on the guaranteed featured gear 15 gem spawn thinking that the featured gear presented in the notices was an accurate representation of the quality of the featured gear not listed due to the notorious "... and more", and that if something arrived that wasn't my preferred stat selection, or was a weapon for another class, I could set it aside for my off-class sets, for future ToJ releases. Unfortunately, despite displaying only 35 & 34 cost monsters within the notice, the "... and more" also appears to include 31 cost purge clothing; which is no where near the proposed value of the advertised featured gear.

I've already contacted the team with an inquiry, to see if this was a bug, or if it can be rolled back, but I wanted to post here as well as a warning to any players who may read this that, even when the featured gear listed is represented to be of a particular quality, the "... and more", is able to include gear that is well below the presented value, and as a result, any "... and more" spawns should be ignored since it essentially guarantees nothing specific other than a SSR gear. For all we know, the featured gear could include 20 cost SSR, since it isn't represented anywhere in the game or in any forum announcements. Hopefully this was all just a bug and it will get corrected, but I'm worried it wasn't.

I'm posting a topic here because I've been wondering what the community experience with this issue is and if it's just me and the few people I talk to or if this is a real problem with what appear to be an intentional deception. I know a few people who have had an issue with spawning from a banner that indicated "... and more" alongside the advertised featured gear, but from the small sample of those I've discussed this with. Is this issue a bigger problem than I think? Or am I just extra salty?
    I've gotten gear that I was far from the quality presented in the notice.
    34.04%
    I've been too worried about the "... and more" to risk my gems.
    36.17%
    I've never noticed the "... and more" in notices regarding featured gear.
    2.13%
    I save all my gems for guaranteed spawn results with concrete lists.
    27.66%

Whoops i voted wrong one. I just check the spawnlist and whatever isnt usually in a rare spawn would be the select piece for me

Comment

• Imperialroyal
      Imperialroyal commented
      Editing a comment
      i might be wrong but that's how i see it

At this point maybe stop blaming ateam and just check first. This topic comes up everytime someone doesn't get that juicy 35 or 36 mon they see in the preview and think they got scammed or something.

Comment

• Faust
      Faust commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you kidding me?
      Last edited by [MOD] Marc; 12-19-2018, 05:13 PM.

• Fenix Hyral
      Fenix Hyral commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I'm just confused what they meant by "featured gear", when the list includes " and more"; meanwhile, previous iterations of these types of bait spawns indicate examples of each tier of gear included in the "featured list". It makes sense though, why show people the actual possibility, when you can lure them with just the best 4-5 possibilities.

• P1CleanerThan
      P1CleanerThan commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree: stop playing yourselves.

But also, Ateam is whack already anyway

Originally posted by Rarity View Post
    At this point maybe stop blaming ateam and just check first. This topic comes up everytime someone doesn't get that juicy 35 or 36 mon they see in the preview and think they got scammed or something.
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    Video Spawn Tips & Tricks [Guide]Creating & Loading an ATeam ID

Comment

• Rarity
      Rarity commented
      Editing a comment
      K

This is how bait works.

But for real tho, you should always check the spawn list first as well as rates. The "...and more." should've been a dead giveaway telling you it's a trap.

Comment

• Fenix Hyral
      Fenix Hyral commented
      Editing a comment
      The problem is that there isn't a finite spawn list of the "featured gear". Featured gear is a subsection of all possible SSR gear, but it's nowhere to be found.

This 24+ featured spawn was always like this, it always used to have some 29 gears/mons, some 30c, 31c, 32c, 33c sets. They used to show one piece for each set (4/5 months ago) and I think ateam never removed them, the "...and more" is just a bait. If u thought ateam would give 34/35 gears/mons easily for 15 gems, u are completely wrong.

Comment

• Fenix Hyral
      Fenix Hyral commented
      Editing a comment
      That's kind of my point, normally they give examples of every possible tier of gear available, this time, just a handful of 34-35 cost monsters. What gives?

Its only a problem when you spend gems and get nothing you want. But when it works in your favour no one says anything. This is like the 10th time now it has appeared with "and more" yet people still complain about it. Rather than cry you got a 29c gear from the spawn, save your gems for something else you think is worthwhile - monster step up.
    Truly Retired [ Yangire | Limitless | TrippyTurtles | ZERO ] - Providing the most natural and organic experiences and opinions.

Comment

• Fenix Hyral
      Fenix Hyral commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a problem for me this time, because normally I ignore these, but was doing ok on my gem count and thought I would check it out because 15 is not that bad. I was just surprised that the examples they provided were nowhere near indicative of what the "featured gear" was. In the past, they'd show armor, a weapon of set etc, across all ranges.

Its always been a Trap. Everyone should know by now.
    ID: 2136016703
    Got the only waifu that counts (˵ ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°˵)ノ⌒♡*:・。.

Comment

• Fenix Hyral
      Fenix Hyral commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just surprised that the examples they provided were nowhere near indicative of what the "featured gear" was. In the past, they'd show armor, a weapon of set etc, across all ranges, but this time, only 4-5 monsters

It’s been like this for a while now, the past 3 or 4 times we have had the special spawn it has had this “...and more” at the bottom of the featured gear in the notice which includes the 29 cost planetary monsters and up to the 35/36 cost monsters that they do show.

Comment

• Fenix Hyral
      Fenix Hyral commented
      Editing a comment
      The problem this time is that there's no indication of the range of cost like there has been in previous iterations. it is all only 34-35 cost monsters, whereas previously, it showed a smattering of all possible sets included in the finite featured gear list. There's literally no way to get a glimpse of what was actually featured.

• Guruanu
      Guruanu commented
      Editing a comment
      In previous ones it hasn’t shown that you can get 29 cost gear, but I have gotten a few from it as the featured gear.

Look at the spawn list for a regular SSR ticket, then look at the featured spawn list. Whatever isn't on the ticket spawn is the "and more" gear. It's a trap, but it isn't some not so obvious trick.

I get it though, I always get the "and more" gear while those in my guild get the great stuff like Aldebaran, Horus, Lady Doritos, etc.

Comment

• Fenix Hyral
      Fenix Hyral commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I'm misreading, but aren't non-featured SSR possible in these spawns? My understanding of it is that there is a seperate, featured pool of gear from which the guaranteed SSR is pulled from, otherwise, what is the point of differentiating between guaranteed SSR and guaranteed featured gear? The spawnable lists are long and it didn't indicate in the notices that the SSR list was limited for this spawn so maybe I was just assuming and it is indeed as you've said. I'll definitely take a look at that and see. I appreciate the info!

• Duck!
      Duck! commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the featured gear is from a separate pool composed of the stuff they show off and extra gear that you normally would never get from a regular SSR ticket. Like Purge Gear, you're never getting that from a SSR ticket as it is not listed. It's shown however in featured spawn list though so that's the "and more" featured gear.

Admittedly though, if you're new to the game and don't look at both lists, would imagine it's pretty easy to get the wrong idea of what the "and more" featured gear entails since there's nothing highlighting it or anything like in the past where all of it was shown.

Luckily it's not so bad as to include 20 cost SSR in featured pool, at worst it's a planetary mon or 31 cost def gear.

After that you're at the mercy at everything on spawn list which includes regular stuff that isn't featured and that you could easily get from a normal SSR ticket.

yeah honestly this list is bullcrap because this "and more" does not follow any reasonable interpretation of the word "spotlight"

the spotlight is what is shown when viewing the spawn that you can click to cycle through

they're just flat out lying now
    Nemurerumori / Sword / Fujin
    Guild: COLOSSUS
    Game ID: 2017106838
    ----- ID: Slypheed
    Password: 123456

Comment

Well I do not think that the devs will stop pushing for this kind of spawns as long as players actually do them. (I mean people complain but they still do the spawn nonetheless xD )

If my memory does not fail me I think it was froggy (or admin) the one who said: "if players avoid like the plague a certain spawn it will be discontinued in the long run" so you know... as a wise costumer you need to make them rethink their spawns by selectively avoiding the bad ones (that is how we got the monster step up spawns by the way)
      Heck you can even rally the people and do an old fashioned boycott.

Everything is already there xD
      Last edited by Albus; 12-19-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

They used to post one piece of gear from EVERY featured gear series in the notice. And now they don't. It's perfectly acceptable to be angry at this and demand it to go back to how it used to be before.

And the problem gets even harder to fix when there are people like Rarity who have no idea what the issue is, what ATeam used to do and what they're doing now, and are somehow okay with this weird-o change of hiding the featured gear series. There are new players everyday, and they won't have a damned clue what "And More" or "Featured" means without some sort of glimpse in the notices.

Comment

• Faust
          Faust commented
          Editing a comment
          I was obviously triggered by that comment.

Wanted to find a way to relate it to some sort of social change but felt it would’ve been an extreme comparison.

Anyways when it’s clear there’s an issue it shouldn’t be unacceptable(‘blame’) to ask for a fix.

And when the fix has been asked for over and over again as well...

And the baffling thing is how easy it should be to do it. I would assume it was (‘acceptable’) laziness rather than intentional... trickery. (But.....)

Maybe they should start writing their lists from ‘worst’(low cost) to ‘best’ and then they can leave the ‘best’ gears unmentioned, if they have to, and just use ‘... and more’ for them.

..... If the shown gear are worth spawning for, and there’s.... ‘better’ stuff unlisted, then the issue should be solved! If we assume the issue is laziness, anyways.

& knuckles

Comment

Never spawn until you read the notices. If you see “and more”, check the spawn list. Otherwise step-ups are go to’s when it comes to trying to pull mons, as long as you ALWAYS CHECK the notices!!!

Comment

Working...
          X