Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something really needs to be done about this...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something really needs to be done about this...

I'll just get right to the point, swords are basically useless. Of the two classes that get bonuses from using them, one barely needs them(Rook) and the other is basically branded to get kicked ASAP. I'm curious if ateam actually plans to do anything about it and how jp deals with it.

Because very few know how to build Soldier. That's why they get kicked, and that's why people get this twisted opinion that Soldiers are bad. So no, nothing needs to be "done" about swords.

Comment

• Miss Bliss
      Miss Bliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Crossbone, im main soldier, and I use swords for zerk since mine are all 16k+ atk, and i do pretty good with it. lol.

• CrossboneX7
      CrossboneX7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Miss Bliss You can also do that with Spears and they have higher base attack.

• Miss Bliss
      Miss Bliss commented
      Editing a comment
      not for me, plus lances dont get a boost either, its scythes. but using a 33c lance vs a 33c 5x infused sword? ill go with the sword

I don’t really care if a soldier joins my team, if the soldier has a higher gs or a gs close to mine it is enough for me. But if they do have a lower gs of mine like 15k lower i would kick them, unless they have a good character for the quest. That my ideal. Also i think that the soldier is the second op class in UL atm, they are extremely powerful; especially those who has the Xeno sword exceed ability.

Comment

I'd usually say something about the usual stupid Soldier self-depracation, but these people rarely listen to other classes as I've been shown. Glad a Soldier main pointed out how bs it is.
      I've kicked a lot of Soldiers, because they somehow think that it's a good idea to bring HB or come to an event without attack ability. If you do get kicked from a party, take a good nice look at your set before lashing out to other people.

Also swords often have the best cosmetic value, we need more swords

¤ LichtKreis ¤

Comment

• Toru13M
        Toru13M commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah u always need to check everyone’s abilities. Sometimes i join a party with my main. . . But that’s the duel room’s set. So. . . Well i try to do my best.

• CrossboneX7
        CrossboneX7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure if that's the case then that's their fault. Getting kicked with proper skill and element + higher gs doesn't really feel right though.

Swords are good cosmetic... So yeah, practically useless then.

lol, this guy.

First off, soldiers have excellent dps depending on build and elemental.

then, we have Inspired, Pride, Heroic Drive. i just thjnk this guy is ejther trolling, or has never seen a good soldier. Tank soldier has veen taken over by Rook, yes, but dps is still there and viable.

Sorry for typos, shattered screen.

I mean if you wanna say we are useless, duel me.

Comment

• CrossboneX7
        CrossboneX7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am a soldier, you're just not getting my point. Sure damage wise a proper soldier won't lose to a lancer and that's it. So why not just take the lancer and have someone for breaking?

• Miss Bliss
        Miss Bliss commented
        Editing a comment
        idk, we have many cheer like abilities, i tank over lancers, archers and squishy mages fairly well, so i think we are still useful, especially over lancers. plus i have tons of swords and they are one of my favorites for cosmetics. we still play a huge role, now many want to kick, but idc, thats why i form the party, or run with my guildies. they dont discriminate XD

i do see where you are coming from tho, thats why for events or collab, I go to zerk, and if im farming gold/GB/or just want to have fun, use my soldier.

• CrossboneX7
        CrossboneX7 commented
        Editing a comment
        If anything I just wanted to point out to ateam how badly they screwed soldiers, hoping they'd do for us what they did for mages or maybe add a dps sword class in the future. So when people get swords they won't be just for cosmetic or recycle medals.

Lol bro I'll admit, soldiers don't get as much love as the other classes, but have you never played Colo where soldiers just oneshot fat whales?

Soldier is actually is a difficult class to build, with a lot of different ways to go about it. The strong DPS soldiers are burst soldiers and can be easily identified by their abilities and their ATK/DEF stat number. But keep in mind, soldiers are not actually a DPS class. They are partial support and pull aggro, so it's fairly understandable that they don't do as much damage as other classes.

Did you want a sword-based lancer? Is that what this is?
      Some soldiers don't even 9-slot swords, because they are not a burst soldier. People forget that or just don't find them as necessary.

Look at my overpowered passas up here lmao. 10/10 broken monster set.

Level: 190
      Main Class: Archer
      Normal Gear Score: ~ 740k
      Power Level: Over 9000
      Kills: Negative Twenty-Four

- Has a never-ending lust for sweets.
      - Resistance only makes me stronger.
      - Trips over nothing.

Comment

• CrossboneX7
        CrossboneX7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Soldiers already do as much as lancers when built right so no, I'd rather have a sword based zerker. Actually if zerker had a bonus to swords, that would be great.

You said it yourself, soldier doesn't get as much love hence why we're kicked a lot even when we're properly built and have higher gs. It's that partial support that gets us in trouble for pve, everyone just wants to clear is as fast as possible so they don't want to bring soldiers. Colo is irrelevant, not like they have a choice if we go in.
    Working...
    X