This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King vs. Ban

I have a king at 4th potential, and 40 scroll frags. I'm trying to decide between getting a Ban to 4th potential, or finishing my king and getting a second to 5th potential. The argument is Ban is somewhat useless aside from a stat stick and a GB throw. A 2nd king would be very useful for quests where you can only use a monster once.

There's about a 800 gs difference between the 2 options, but I gain more MATK with 2 kings.

4th Ban: 12780 / 12780
    4th King: 7169 / 10489
    Total: 19949 / 23269 = 43218

5th King: 10694 / 10514
    5th King: 10694 / 10514
    Total: 21388 / 21028 = 42416

Is it worth having Ban? I already have kismet, and 35c GB monster. I plan to farm 40c one day, and infuse my 35c. I don't really see any value in having Ban just to have him, and I see more utility in having 2 maxed kings vs. having Ban and King both at 4th potential.
    "After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back."

The Phoenix Shall Rise From The Ashes.

Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing,
    But In Rising Every Time We Fail

What are the actual potentials? I don't have either monster, and that's the thing I'd base my decision on.

Also "a GB throw" is no small matter. How often do you need a strong monster in gb, vs how often you can only throw a monster once. Even in the latter case, are there no other monsters you could use? It must be king?
    Hot Mess Express 2086796674

Comment

• Guruanu
      Guruanu commented
      Editing a comment
      ban and Elaine gives:
      Kismet
      5k to stat 2
      Unison increase
      5k to stat 1
      Resurrection

King gives:
      Curses enemies at a success of 60 points
      Casts awakening on your character
      3.5k to stat 2
      Increased cost recovery
      3.5k to stat 1

• muda
      muda commented
      Editing a comment
      in GB I usually wind up using 35c, I probably wouldn't use Ban or King in GB until the new rules are implemented where you can only use a monster once

I'm curious about the relative worth of different monsters and their potentials, too, although my numbers are different (20 frags per account, cleric got 6 Kings and mage got 5).

Btw, are the other two scroll monsters not even worth considering?

Comment

• muda
      muda commented
      Editing a comment
      imo they are worth considering if you ranked high enough to finish Ban/King and still finish one of the extra monsters. They're mostly for the uni defense I believe, and have decent stats, but Ban/King should be priority over the other two

Assuming your stats are correct, I'd go with the 4th ban and king. When you get another good stat stick monster, it's easier to replace a 4* king than a 5* king.
    If you're ''f2p'' farming and using luxavian(light element) is easier/better than trying to use varma (green element).

Neither utility monster is game-changing without the res.

Comment

From what i have been hearing. Ban has been having some serious resurrection troubles. Which i don't know if it has been fixed or not.

Without his Res. He is basically just a decent stat stick. I would personally go for a second king. Mostly because i like anything that increases cost faster, and the curse, and awakening is also pretty damn nice.

Comment

Isn’t there a limit to how many kings you can trade for or was it only the other monsters?

Comment

• muda
          muda commented
          Editing a comment
          :O this could be the decision maker, I don't think there's a limit but where did you see the limit? I'd like to find out for sure if there's a limit on king exchanges before I go through with it

Kismet is pretty much ban's useful ability aside from res which I heard has been bugging out like crazy.

And I honestly thought about getting two kings as well but since I didn't have a kismet mon I decided to go with potential ban and elaine. But in your case I say hey go for the second King. Because you're right you can use him twice in mobius and other quests like ToJ and whatnot. His cost recovery is really great and the awakening is so useful.

So in my opinion I think a second max potentiel king is great.

Comment

I'm honestly having the same dilemma kind of. I got 30 scroll pieces and I have a 4 pot king. I can either pot Ban twice for the stats and finish king, or finish two Kings. Sorry about the thread jacking I was wondering what would anyone recommend?
          ID:2100101672

Comment

• muda
            muda commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you man, you're not jacking at all. In your case if it was me I'd definitely do two kings since you can't get both the stats unlocked on Ban. The only thing holding me up on doing two kings myself is I could unlock ban to 4th, and the stats are very nice. I'm actually kind of leaning towards 2 kings though, since not only are the stats ALMOST as good in my situation but the utility is much better and would be super useful in mobius or other quests

Shameless bump, leaning towards 2 kings bc muh matk and muh mage. King has better stats than any 33c farmable, but could be replaced when sun wukong is unlocked (1.6k gs difference between them, but better efficiency on maxxed 30c elemental). Not having the last potential on my king makes him quick to be dropped as people have said, but he's my only awakening monster ATM which I do find useful to carry. Shingen could potentially replace him permanently when I'm able to pot her though, I find the commander buff more useful since it can't be balanced and 3 stacks barrier + counter heal is more useful than 5 stacks of barriers.

Ban would be a more long term investment since even without his rez his stats at a whopping 747.618 are the highest I've ever seen and won't be dropped anytime soon as a stat stick if ever.

The utility of being able to be awakened twice is nice for raids, super hard quests, mobius, potentially GB; not to mention his awakening and cost recovery makes him less of a dead stat stick than Ban. I wouldn't ever wind up using Ban in quests so he wouldn't even be in my 5 slots tbh. He would only make an appearance in GB after I've used up 35c or 40c monsters

Comment

• muda
            muda commented
            Editing a comment
            also, can a 33c nino be used to infuse king? even though it says only king can be used :O

I went with Ban Ateam Avia can you close this thread? I hadn't even looked at the exchange but sadly the guy who said it's limited appears to be right.... RIP my dreams of a max king Dx

Comment

Working...
          X