This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unison League Wikia Live! NEEDS COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS

The Unison League Wikia is live with categories and basic pages.

Unisonleague.wikia.com

The to do list is steep at the moment, but I hope it can be driven by the awesome community.

To do list consists of:
    Class table with skills
    Quest information, rewards, and odds of spawns
    Item information, skills, pictures, reforge requirements Player level experience required and rewards given on each level
    Special Quest timetable
    A Unison League build and theory crafting section will be created

Eventually I would like each guild to have a page, only editable by their respective guild leaders, allowing them to have an updated roster, goal, and recruitment. This will also reflect the soon to be ladder rankings.

I have left editing to the public, however I will be moderating for incorrect information, images, inappropriate slander, or vandalism.

Overtime as the wikia grows, public editing will be restricted to certain pages, and moderation privliages will be handed out to individuals who have contributed a great deal.

Thanks everyone.

Kason~

UPDATE #1 June 3, 2015

Thanks so much to everyone who has been contributing in to the Wikia's database.
    I'd like to send out my special thanks to Heaven_Canceller for his formatting, input and dedication towards accurate and accessible information.
    I'd also like to thank RiceMochi for supplying us with a very thorough Mage guide. Coming from one of the top mages in Unison League at the moment, I'm sure it will be a huge hit.

In terms of our To Do list, much has been roughly penciled in however I am searching for that someone to be able to put the finishing touches on everything.
    As of currently, we have our Basic information section completed, as well as our Gear Information. An Event Timetable has been supplied to us by Hofu which I am just trying to get working as I type this.
    Gear information is coming along thanks to the help of Heaven_Canceller, as he has been supplying his Encyclopedia as well as images.

In terms of builds, so far just Mage is completed, however I am searching for more individuals to add in-depth builds under our "GUIDES > USER MADE" .

That brings me to the new addition of FEATURED BUILDS. Featured builds will cycle per month, currently we are aiming for one build per class to be featured, and eventually as time presses forward, include Guild vs Guild featured strategies and builds. So, submit your builds and tell us why you think yours deserves to be deemed "META".

In terms of these User Made Builds, I would ideally like to work towards creating them in a similar fashion to MOBA games.

Something along the lines of

Build Name:
    Class:
    Level and Cost Requirements:
    Gear:
    [Weapon Main] [Wep Sub][Wep Sub][Wep Sub][Wep Sub] [Armour Main] [Ar Sub][Ar Sub][Ar Sub][Ar Sub]
    [Helm Main] [Hlm Sub][Hlm Sub][Hlm Sub][Hlm Sub] [Monster Main] [Mnst Sub][Mnst Sub][Mnst Sub][Mnst Sub]
    Gear Skills:
    Abilities: Reasoning: Situational Play:
    ATK: MTK: DEF: MDEF:

​As the Wikia moves forward, I will be closing off full editing privileges. If you are interested in moderating the Wikia then please contact me via private message over the Ateam Forum, Wikia, or In game (Kason).

Thanks again Guys!

Kason
    Last edited by Kason; 06-03-2015, 02:59 AM.

Looks like a great start! You've earned the forums' first sticky thread

We unfortunately don't have the resources to create and maintain the Wikia ourselves, but you've got our support! We may be able to help answer questions or give some additional info on certain mechanics if necessary. Post here or give a shout on Facebook if you need something!

Signature image courtesy ekichou.

Comment

Thanks Ateam

Comment

Sweet! I was hoping this would come dinner rather than later 😃 I'll help out where I can add my understanding grows.

Comment

Hi i would like to helo. Where can i get the databases?

Comment

Originally posted by Kason View Post
            The Unison League Wikia is live with categories and basic pages.

Unisonleague.wikia.com

The to do list is steep at the moment, but I hope it can be driven by the awesome community.

To do list consists of:
            Class table with skills
            Quest information, rewards, and odds of spawns
            Item information, skills, pictures, reforge requirements Player level experience required and rewards given on each level
            Special Quest timetable
            A Unison League build and theory crafting section will be created

Eventually I would like each guild to have a page, only editable by their respective guild leaders, allowing them to have an updated roster, goal, and recruitment. This will also reflect the soon to be ladder rankings.

I have left editing to the public, however I will be moderating for incorrect information, images, inappropriate slander, or vandalism.

Overtime as the wikia grows, public editing will be restricted to certain pages, and moderation privliages will be handed out to individuals who have contributed a great deal.

Thanks everyone.

Kason~
            So far I've been playing around with tables and trying to figure out what makes sense and what doesn't. We may need to delete/ modify the navigation bar. But for now anyways I'll just put in the info I have. When I get done with that I'll prob be pestering people for some info

Comment

• Kason
              Kason commented
              Editing a comment
              You've been a great help so far. Thanks again!

We just linked to the Wikia from the Facebook page! Hope you get some more helpful contributors

Keep on updatin'!

Comment

I hope Kason doesn't mind this- but I'll make a bit of an update. I'll see if I can give constant updates as well. Perhaps (bi/tri)weekly?

UPDATE 6/16/15
              Unison League Wiki has come a good ways further! So far, we have been working on the Monsters, and we have a solid template to use for Monsters that compromises for every type, thanks to User:Mckrongs. A base encyclopedia has been made for every Monster rarity that does it's best to reflect how the Encyclopedia looks in-game. I've been building up an Events page and a New Player Guide of which I linked to the main page via. the gallery of Events.

However, there are many, many gaps of missing information, and that is why we need the community in on this. The more people we have, the larger of a pool of info we gather, and less slots of missing info become apparent. Take a gander at any gear page and feel free to edit in missing info, or submit a few screenshots of your gear that we are missing. Everything helps so please- help the community out!

This is my personal opinion- but I believe the Featured Builds page can be put on hiatus because we don't have a solid info page or recommended skill set for Lancer, Soldier, or Archer. Any top-tier players willing to put in the time to write up a nice little guide for Soldier would be very welcome (Can't write up anything for Lancer/Archer because the pages are locked for some reason and I have no administrative power). Once those pages are filled, THEN we can shift some attention to the featured build page.

RUN OF THE MILL CHANGELOG
              +Revamped Main Page​, with Gallery of recent/upcoming events, and New Player Guide always as the second slide. Added picture links to downloading Unison League from the App Store or Google Play, and fully completed the Explore table linking you to many useful resources.
              +New, state-of-the-art Monster Encyclopedia for all rarities, currently creating separate pages of the known information. Screenshots of the Icon box and of some units are needed.
              +Functioning Template:Monster Gear Infobox that compensates for any element monster.
              +New Player Guide up to Section 5. Input greatly appreciated- as this isn't coming from a high GS player unless you count 50k as high.
              +Events page is under construction- Events/Current is up to date as of the 16th.
              +Every render found is being used for the wiki. Renders are preferred over screenshots as it allows users to see the item in more detail than screenshots, and make the data table look more professional.*
              +Many new Monster pages created with proper layout.
              +RiceMochi is now a Moderator

-Removed old Monsters table
              -Removed old Main Page layout

=Currently working on Quests and Rewards table
              =Currently working on Achievements table
              =Still working on Events page. All info of past events can be found at Events/Past, if you're ever curious.

*If A-Team doesn't mind supplying renders of the items and monsters, that'll completely remove the need to search for the renders and make things a bit quicker. @A-Team, if you don't mind, please do- but you're not required.
              ​_________________________________________________

That's all I can mention off the top of my head, but I feel this is major improvement from two or so weeks ago. More editors would be very welcome- because the only editors I really notice as of now are User:TheFinalPhase (Me) and User:Mckrongs. More help with the wiki would be very much appreciated!

EDIT: As of 6/20- Mckrongs and I are now administrators. Lots of background editing is going on at the moment.
              Last edited by Kanon; 06-20-2015, 04:16 PM. Reason: Small update 6/20

Comment

• Ateam Admin
                Ateam Admin commented
                Editing a comment
                *If A-Team doesn't mind supplying renders of the items and monsters, that'll completely remove the need to search for the renders and make things a bit quicker. @A-Team, if you don't mind, please do- but you're not required.
                We'll see if the team can help out with this, but they're very protective of game assets so honestly the odds are pretty low... But we shall try!

• Kanon
                Kanon commented
                Editing a comment
                Any chance is a better chance than none. If you request, we can take down the renders of the monsters we've found to protect your game assets.

Yeah sure, bi-weekly-ish could work
              UPDATE 6/28
              With me and User:Mckrongs as admins- the background portion of the wiki seems to have gone a long ways, even if it seems small in some aspects.

As stated before- the wiki needs all the info we can get our hands on. Send in screenshots of your gear (Rare and up- we have everything for Normal gear since they're so common) with the basic and maximum stats from the in-game Encyclopedia. Everything helps!

For a little whiles before I've been tinkering with the MediaWiki, which is basically the background code for everything that can be altered with CSS or JavaScript on the wiki, and some adjustments were put here and there. 2 unofficial Brownie points to those who can figure out what had to be coded to make it look the way it is.

+New favicon on your tab. The pretty crystal's crown is there for your viewing pleasure~
              +Updated Events/Present. Moved Mechanized Maidens and Lost Relics: Recharged to Events/Past
              +Fully functioning Template:Item Gear Infobox that easily switches depending on the item (Weapon, Helm, or Armor- Monsters have their own Infobox template). Some glitches might be present since it was taken from the Template:Monster Gear Infobox by User:Mckrongs and I recoded bits and pieces of it to better fit the inanimate gear pieces.
              +New background image throughout the wiki. The rare summon gate is a nice compliment to the wiki's color scheme, if I do say so myself
              +Upon opening chat, a welcome message containing important links and Dragon Leviathan is seen
              +Removed gray border on the poll for most popular class
              +Quick Link toolbar at the top of the page redone for organization and to better reflect important pages.
              +Categorization system being implemented
              +Achievement page added with rewards and achievements
              +RiceMochi promoted to Admin
              +Heaven_Canceller, Mckrongs, and TheFinalPhase (Me) are now Admins

-I might or might not have screwed something up in the common.css code page. I dunno. At least the wiki's working, eh? CSS skills are pretty rusty and I'm basing a small amount of my code from templates, what I did myself might not be the best.

=LOTS of cropping for weapon, helm, armor, and monster pages for both the icons and the item themselves.
              =Still- I only see me and Mckrongs consistantly updating. All help is helpful, however helpful you think your help is!
              =Weapons Encyclopedia, Armor Encyclopedia, and Helm Encyclopedia expected to have at least a skeleton of a page by next update.

And again, this is off the top of my head. Might not seem like a lot, but this is all mostly by two people.
              Do we need a help wanted poster?

Comment

Very nice Kanon, thank you very much for all the work!

We've had a lot more players Like our Facebook page, so you actually may want to consider making a help wanted poster for us to post there
                May be able to get some more editors that way!

Comment

I believe the Wiki plays a great role in maintaining the player base and creating player satisfaction. For the most popular games on the global market, one universal aspect is the completeness of a wiki-like database that's easily accessible in English. If there are players rushing to complete a wiki page every time something new comes out, then one can be assured that the game is popular. This is my first post here, and I'm glad that UL is lending support to the UL wiki.

Comment

• Omega
                    Omega commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The 4 month necro is strong xD
                    But as to a proper wiki page, I think most players are using the Japanese one for reference right now.

• TaikunZ
                    TaikunZ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Which Japanese sites are currently updated, and are mostly used by players? gamy.jp hasn't updated since the SSR-UR Class Defensive Gear, smagame.info may update with a lot of new stuff but it also misses a lot on certain other stuff, and ul-unisonleague doesn't seem to have a gear database.

I'd like to know how japanese sites would do Infusion info so I'll have an idea how to do them back at Wikia. xP

If you need help on the wiki with editing, I can scan through for conventions and grammar errors. I used to edit on wikipedia for newly created articles, so I can do the same thing here...

Comment

Ill help in my free time, but I am learning how to edit as I go xD if you get a lot of stupid edits, they may look ugly but the content will be accurate!!

Comment

I would want to help, however i dont know how to send you guys images so yeah T_T

Comment

I know the wikia isn't as pretty on mobile but it usually displays most things fine. Lately I'm getting a chain of redirects that make mobile browsing impossible.
                        BlitzJager - ID: 2042043727 OrganizationX - A Rank/A Schedule

Comment

• TaikunZ
                          TaikunZ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hrm what exactly do you mean?
                          For the ULWikia, I've always recommended Desktop view as it displays as it's intended, but am not sure what you meant about the redirects.

• BlitzJager
                          BlitzJager commented
                          Editing a comment
                          TaikunZ I do use desktop usually but sometimes I try mobile when I'm just looking for 1 quick thing. I don't think I was clicking on anything, I just started scrolling down and got hit with more redirects than I'd expect from... well a site loaded with redirects lol. I didn't wait to see where it took me but I was trying to check out the UR Armour page.

• TaikunZ
                          TaikunZ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ahh yes, Wikia's footer is just full of random links to other sites that they have.
                          Last edited by TaikunZ; 03-01-2018, 05:51 PM.
                      Working...
                      X