Why do you hate Lancers Ateam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you hate Lancers Ateam?

Amatetasu coming out first before Apollo. What is this.

No longer playing.

Maybe it'll be Apollo.

If it follows Japan, the reason is probably because Apollo hits hard and hits fast. A player stated that he is capable of two hitting someone with 28k Defense, excluding his 95% HP-based attack. This outstrips the healing that healers can bring. Amaterasu gives you a huge damage reflect buffer that makes Apollo easier. Let's say that Apollo was released first and the above holds true. It'll be endless "OMG ATEAM APOLLO IS TOO HARD WTF GUYS LIKE SERIOUSLY". It's not only that Amaterasu can act as a counter to Apollo, but can also serve as a well for preparing players as well.

Let's take lancers for example. If you've ever pugged and played with randoms, how many lancers take ANY supportive skills? Very little. Most will bring three attack skills and maybe a HB. Pop three attacks and pick daisies until they come back up again. To make matters worse, it almost feels like a lot of lancers have 30-40k attack and you will almost assuredly see them in your random groups with all the leeching and lowbies that join. At least mages bring cures for themselves and archers frequently do as well, even if their damage is low. Apollo is highly desired by lancers and thus you'll see a ton of lancers doing the Apollo quest to farm as many as they can. Other classes may realistically want to farm one or two to compensate or have options. If you get a bunch of lancers with low attack and absolutely no utility, how will players clear the quest? Amaterasu will lower the bar of entry to obtaining Apollo.

Just saying that I'm a lancer sitting at 110k GS and I'd much rather have Apollo come later and have the mechanisms to deal with it than having Apollo first and having it destroy everyone.

I should probably mention that people are also super Alice happy. I don't think that alice-ing Apollo is going to fare super well.
    Last edited by Siberia; 09-20-2015, 07:16 PM.
    IGN: Siberia | ID: 2137518756

Colosseum:
    09/17 - 09/24: Rank 12

I never forget. I just don't always remember is all.

Comment

• Nippon
      Nippon commented
      Editing a comment
      ; ; why you so cruel waifu we're all elite in our own way not just Fujin orz

• Cobalt
      Cobalt commented
      Editing a comment
      I see. That makes sense, and I can see why Amaterasu comes out first. The period where Apollo isnt out though will be a huge issue for Lancers though. I guess the issue stems more from the balance of the pets instead of the release order.

• Mosaic
      Mosaic commented
      Editing a comment
      PonPon ; ;

You and Fujin are OP. That's why you carry!

Crudely done in Paint but my laptop won't work well ; ;
    Sleeper.

Comment

If Amaterasu indeed comes first...

Comment

Originally posted by Irvinni View Post
        If Amaterasu indeed comes first...

party hard? ur gonna g on a killing spree?
        Name: ???
        User ID: 2077820462

Comment

Yes Ateam hate lancers, just like every else does~
          Last edited by Dahlia; 09-20-2015, 07:49 PM. Reason: typo
          Spanish is my native language, so sorry for my bad English.

Comment

...So are gifs allowed on forums now? OwO

Sleeper.

Comment

• Nippon
              Nippon commented
              Editing a comment
              Please teach me how to do that you two!

• Irvinni
              Irvinni commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, you just save the gif you want, upload it to an image hosting site like imgur, grab the direct link and paste it in the edit avatar page.

• Mosaic
              Mosaic commented
              Editing a comment
              Time to find a cute loli gif

The notice isn't up yet, but it does seem that Amaterasu is next. judging by the words "sun god" and "descend". Credits to Kanon for second pic

IGN: Carmine I Ecchi I Risqué

Home is where the heart is--with family and friends.

Comment

Because they just hate lancers? It's pretty good for me tho since lancers gonna remain squishy for a while.
              I'm sorry pls don't hit me.
              ;-;
              Attempting to Reconnect...

Comment

Originally posted by CarmineCoffee View Post
                The notice isn't up yet, but it does seem that Amaterasu is next. judging by the words "sun god" and "descend". Credits to Kanon for second pic

The best part is when you google "Japanese Sun God" you get Amaterasu LOL

This is because a Japanese sun god does not exist, only a sun goddess. So A-team please fix your informational post.
                Name: ???
                User ID: 2077820462

Comment

• ???
                  ??? commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lyr lol then there's no point in having two words if god and goddess mean the same thing

Mischi didn't know that, you learn something new everyday, however, this is indeed English so that kind of excuse isn't valid when they translate things. You can't just say god if you mean goddess.

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  then they should rename it to supreme overlord so nobody can complain about the gender

• 4tran
                  4tran commented
                  Editing a comment
                  but... what about supreme overlordess?

Well, i guess healers/mages are going to be hella lot stronger now

Comment

• Dahlia
                  Dahlia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good >:3

• Tesuna
                  Tesuna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kanon Well, amat is light and she gives magic attack and DEFENCE as stats, they are going to be a lot harder to kill now.

• Flamingiceberg
                  Flamingiceberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To be fair, players have been long spoiled with low def mages due to a general lack of light monster choices. Indra and Light Valk were the only options for combatting melee and quite frankly there aren't enough of them out there to say mages are properly prepared for the fights. Why can't we all be glad there's an actual challenge in killing a mage? Defensive stats aren't scaled very highly either, so I'm not sure how all the crying's justified...

Its worst giving Mages advanced class skill "Meteor Rain" cast faster than any lancers skills...Lancer known for fast attack (not dps like a Mages and Archers) but now Mages has an AOE attack that's faster than Lancer -.- no love for lancers indeed

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  mage is actually considered garbage compared to lancer in gvg now

• Yukino
                  Yukino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You've gotta be kidding me. Not DPS?! Most lancer skills strike very fast and hard and are very powerful. I've seen so many lancers cripple teams by doing 30k+ damage. Unlike archers we don't get the red critical hits for our meteors.
                  Last edited by Yukino; 09-22-2015, 05:51 PM.

im lancer and im out lol
                IGN: Atlas/Dextlas ID: 2142668765/2142126142 Guild: The Wave

Comment

Well im gonne farm her. Im a lancer but what the hell, free means free. But i need apollo😢😢😢😢😢😢😢pls ateam lets do both apollo and Ameterasu

Comment

• CarmineCoffee
                    CarmineCoffee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A Team will release both Apollo and Amaterasu. Question is when.

• Lyr
                    Lyr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A month after Amaterasu's release?

Originally posted by Tesuna View Post
                  Well, i guess healers/mages are going to be hella lot stronger now
                  eh, well you gotta remember that unless they want to lose unison wars in gvg, everyone should be taking the 3 (at least 2 of the 3) main elements, (water fire wind) so they have an option for every single unison element counter. if anyone is going to fit a bunch of amat's, they are either A not carrying the other elements, or B have a whole lot of cost in pets, which is also bad in a sense. no matter how much defense your pets are giving you, the real thing that makes someone tanky is armor procs. defensive stats will not save you on their own, especially if you get broken (and of course lancers are always breaking mages). the same goes for lancer once apollo comes out. If they have 6 pet slots they want to fill up with apollo, they are free food to archers without any procs to save their butts. Any character running 6 weapons and 6 pets is a squishy target, even if all 6 pets are avsaris.

Comment

• Swiftmend
                    Swiftmend commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Link any tips on soldier cleric. The way I am using mine just seems like its weaker then normal cleric? Especially since mages are op against soldiers.
                    Normal cleric 26k matk 39k def 40kmdef
                    Soldier cleric 24k matk 43k def 39 mdef
                    I have a few magic down xls, 2 physical down L, 1 magic reflect xl. Is it worth going soldier cleric???
                    Last edited by Swiftmend; 09-22-2015, 04:51 PM.

• Link
                    Link commented
                    Editing a comment
                    - Mages are getting killed fast, they shouldn't be a big problem and you won't get focused that much as Soldier
                    - stats are like 10k ATK/30k MATK/45k DEF/35k MDEF (120k GS) for a Soldier Cleric
                    - big advantage are the HP, Soldiers got the most (50k+) ... makes skills like Heaven's Breath more effective (you can reach 300k+ HP in Colosseum with using 2x Heaven's Breath)
                    - if you play Soldier Cleric, you should use Helm/Armor gear because they are getting class boosts on DEF

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is completely true, especially with the new constant armors taking a slot for their much welcomed effect. You should note the chances you have of proccing with each additional proc slot. Assuming you have no constants, and that you split magic and physical procs, you have about a 38.5% chance to either proc once or twice when hit by an attack, and about a 62.3% to proc once or twice against an archer considering both magic and physical can proc on it. With 8 instead of 6 armor slots it goes from 38.5% to 47.8%, as well as having a 72.8% to proc once or twice on archers. When you are broken your defense means almost nothing, it is the procs saving your butt afterwards. These procs really mean life or death, just as it means everything for archers to proc with attacks
                Working...
                X