X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Post Images

Greetings, recruits!

In order to keep server loads to a minimum, direct image uploads are disabled on the forums.

HOWEVER! You can still share images or screenshots with other users! Here's how to do it:

1. Upload the image to a third-party hosting site
    The most commonly used site is imgur.com. You can create and account and upload images there for free.

2. Use the forum BBCode to link to the image
    Simply use the following code:
    Code:
    [img]IMAGE URL HERE[/img]
    and your image will be displayed right in your post!

That's all there is to it!

A few notes on uploaded images:
    Images that display content prohibited on the forums are not allowed and will be removed. This includes images that contain foul language, inappropriate or sexual content, personal contact information, etc.
    The moderators always err on the side of caution and are fairly strict about enforcing the above rule.
    ・If a post was deleted that you feel should be allowed, please send a private message to this account (Ateam Admin) to appeal for a restoration. If we decide the image is okay, we will undelete the post.

Now post away!

Edit:
    Kirin~ nicely made a video to explain how to post images using imgur.
    Kirin~, you rock.
    https://youtu.be/V-IVReQWsRs
    Last edited by Ateam Froggy; 02-06-2017, 09:26 PM.

Signature image courtesy ekichou.

I'm not too sure about this, but it may be helpful to add that there are no spaces in the code, at least, that worked for me. If I did have spaces between the brackets and the link, it would just change into a link

Comment

I do have a question in regards to profile picture though. Whenever i try to put an image as my profile picture, it says failure to use the image or something, and it also says that my library does not support the file

Comment

• MTT the Tank
        MTT the Tank commented
        Editing a comment
        It has to be 100x100 max!

• Drei
        Drei commented
        Editing a comment
        Try going on an image size converter and change the dimensions to 100x100. That's what I did.

• OnyxOpal7
        OnyxOpal7 commented
        Editing a comment
        In the upload area it does say "200 by 200". But it seems to only allow 100 by 100. Maybe that is something Ateam Admin can look into correcting.

Just as a clarification for the codes, don't try to upload them through URL instead paste them directly into the message that you're trying to post~
      ID: 2053041654
      OrganizationX
      Willing to help everyone~

Comment

I need help with the code

Do you state the image code twice? (http//:blahblah) where it says (/IMG). And in the beginning of the code, image?

---edit---
        Ty you guys! I finally got it figured out, and got a signature! I discovered. You cannot add a signature on my moble device lol. 99% of it saying "unexpected error"
        Last edited by Lavender; 06-25-2016, 06:50 AM.
        l

Comment

Here's a few tips for uploading images:

- Upload your screenshots to Imgur.

- Don't forget to resize your images! Imgur keeps them in the 1080 x 1920 ratio. So for every image you plan to upload, change the left number to something smaller. 350 sounds reasonable. Before doing that, make sure the "Lock Proportions" box is checked.

- If you want to bypass the "4 images per post only" restriction, you can use a photo editor like Paint. Resize all your images first. Then copy them from Imgur, pasting them all into one Paint file. Just drag and drop the images next to each other vertically. Save the Paint file, then upload it to Imgur.

This would help make it so when you embed an image, it won't be oversized when viewing the page on desktop (mobile looks fine as is, but desktop is different). It will also help you cram more images per post.
          Last edited by LaconicLeaf; 05-31-2016, 04:00 AM. Reason: Added a small note on how images are displayed on mobile vs desktop

IGN: FN || Leaf ID: 2042811095

This Is How You DO Play Lancers

Comment

• Lavender
            Lavender commented
            Editing a comment
            What kind of image resizer would you prefer? It's been two weeks and j can't seem to upload even one picture. Mostly because idk how to even use the code. I found one, then it said the image would be permanently deleted forever.

• LaconicLeaf
            LaconicLeaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Lavender Imgur.

Go to the Desktop version of the site and log into your account. Highlight your username at the top-right corner and click ''Images.'' Then, you'll see all the images you uploaded.

Click on the image you want to resize, then if you mouse over the image, you'll see ''edit image'' on the bottom-right. Click that, then set the left dimension to something like 350. Leave the ''Lock Proportions'' box checked, and the image will be resized with the same ratio.

• Lavender
            Lavender commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh! Thank you!

I'm also having problems uploading an image for my profile pic. I resized it to 350, then when that didn't work, I resized it to something like 100x73. Still nothing.
          When I save forever & finally splurge on a really good spawn.

Arcana Lord ID:2065722656
          Valkyrie Connect ID:213769990

Comment

• Lavender
            Lavender commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll explain.

It's simple, and easy! You'll get it done in no time! (Sadly I didn't but some the minute they joined forums!)
            Go to an image size converter like pic resize and resize the image to 100x100. That's what I did. Save it to your library, then when you go to your Profile, at the bottom click Avatar on ur picture (right now the person) and click the first slot, and select the image you resized.

To post images, details are right above.

P.S.mon pic resize (no spaces), click resize Pixels, NOT percent!
            Last edited by Lavender; 06-25-2016, 06:43 AM.

I got it. I downloaded a photo editor, and presto. Like magic. I just wish the quality was better. any suggestions?
          When I save forever & finally splurge on a really good spawn.

Arcana Lord ID:2065722656
          Valkyrie Connect ID:213769990

Comment

• Lavender
            Lavender commented
            Editing a comment
            Try...

-sigh- I got nothing..

Oh. Maybe try going on paint or so ring and fix the picture...~?

• DracoPisces
            DracoPisces commented
            Editing a comment
            Some image editors allow you to save in various qualities or you could find a larger and/or higher quality version of the original to resize.

hurray! now people know how to post images!

the bbcode works with gifs as well!
          Last edited by Tesuna; 06-26-2016, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Reminder:

Uploading pictures on mobile does not work quiets as easily as it does on a PC.
            Trust me...I've gone there a couple times..😅

Unless you have a more advanced mobile device. Then don't listen to me. My device is IPad mini.
            You'll probably end up with an unexpected error, invalid picture, invalid file, or even all at once!
            l

Comment

• Artemis12335
              Artemis12335 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to bother you but since I am on mobile and I literally have no idea what I'm doing, can you explain the image post thing? I'm dying of not knowing

• Lavender
              Lavender commented
              Editing a comment
              @You,I'mHavingTroubleTagging
              1). Upload image to imgur
              2). Click on the image and then there should be a thing where it gives these all types of codes, look for BBCode
              3). Copy and paste it into "Write something..."

How I do it, since Inhave an IPad:

1). Upload to imgur through Imgur App
              2). Go to Safari and click on the "image" button in the "imgur" tab
              3). Look for BBCode
              4). Paste into "Write something..."

I feel like an idiot for making five hundred posts about his X.x
              Last edited by Lavender; 09-11-2016, 08:28 AM. Reason: OH MY ******* GOD WHY CAN'T I TAG

Ok so when I try to upload a signature, Its saying that my photo library doesn't support it, Any help?

Comment

• Drei
              Drei commented
              Editing a comment
              You might need to upload it from a desktop because when I try to do it on my phone it says like a weird message thing (which is also why I don't have a signature because I'm too lazy). However if you're trying to put a picture in, look at the How to Post images topic, and just paste the code in your signature. :3

• StatikKs
              StatikKs commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Erza Scarlett I think i got it to work

Uhm how do I set a profile picture I searched settings etc. But I can't find the option to do so... Halpp x-x

Comment

• Swan
              Swan commented
              Editing a comment
              You need to use something to resize the picture to 100x100 pixels and save it as a jpg file. Then you can go to your profile and upload it from there.

I did it!

I'm Back!!!

Comment

• Lavender
              Lavender commented
              Editing a comment
              Good (\(*^*)/) Comgrats

Something tells me this won't work.

UL IGN: HG||Anda Yumiko
            Player ID: 2122084602
            Guild: Hanabi Gang

VC IGN: Anda Yumiko
            VC ID: 617086600

Non Omnis Moriar...

Or just "N.O.M.", if you're in a hurry.

Comment

• || Candy ||
              || Candy || commented
              Editing a comment
              Is this only done by computer?

• HalcyonFelicity
              HalcyonFelicity commented
              Editing a comment
              || Candy || Erza Scarlet 's screen looks like an mobile device, however, for me personally, I can't find where Erza found that ;-;

EDIT:Never mind, I found it
              Last edited by HalcyonFelicity; 11-13-2016, 12:01 AM.

• Rebel<3
              Rebel<3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Erza how do you post a pic on imgur tho? I already been tying for the past three weeks and im about flip. I didn't spend five night up with my OCD trying to make the dress to my standards.

2nd try:

UL IGN: HG||Anda Yumiko
            Player ID: 2122084602
            Guild: Hanabi Gang

VC IGN: Anda Yumiko
            VC ID: 617086600

Non Omnis Moriar...

Or just "N.O.M.", if you're in a hurry.

Comment

• Anda Yumiko
              Anda Yumiko commented
              Editing a comment
              HAHAHAHAHA, YES!!!!!! >:3 IT WORKSSSSSSSSS!

Huehuehue...

• Anda Yumiko
              Anda Yumiko commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you SO MUCH, Erza Scarlet!

• Drei
              Drei commented
              Editing a comment
              Yay you did it!
          Working...
          X