• Show
Clear All

• BluForrestLeaf
    replied
    Bayo reference?

Leave a comment:

• Nemurerumori
    replied
    If you're doing ATK+DEF builds, you can drop Antagonize for Vanquish if you want to be a debuffer, which isn't too effective in PvP due to ArcHeal and the addition of several PL abilities.

The Divine Smash -> Vanquish combo is good for -20% ATK MATK debuff, which is very good for boss fighting.
    Antagonize is still better for PvP since you're supercharging your own unison gain, as you're gaining as much unison as if you used an 18 cost attack with just 12 cost.

Rage Slash is generally better for PvP as long as your ATK is at least 30% less than your DEF, because it ignores barrier/reflect effects (including Damage Downs and Reflect equipment skills). It's not that great for PvE, though.

If your attack is comparable, the actual ATK based smashes actually give more AP than the Soldier-exclusive ones, because you have a +20 AP passive. IIRC, the third ring Smash was 170AP + 20AP passive. You should just settle for Dual Impact at this point, though.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    commented on 's reply
    Imean, yeah it's an offtank build. But I don't see it hardly ever, so I thought I'd make a guide for it. I'm glad someone else uses this build tho :'o I thought I was alonee

• BenkeiEX
    replied
    is this not just an offtank Soldier? that's basically my GvG build

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    commented on 's reply
    awh, this is so sweet thank you Dot <3

• Dot
    replied
    I kind of read (thoroughly studied) almost all the stickied updated and not so updated class guides... And let me be the one to say I like your unconventional, imaginative, "kooky" build. You've obviously had some fun. People must tell you off for differing from the norm. Unlike me you're probably really thick-skined. So keep doing what you're doing and keep sharing, it was a fun read.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    commented on 's reply
    Oh PFFFFT I completely forgot that Dual Swords does ATK+DEF damage. Thanks Wanperc ! nadav1230 Imean, yeah you can take dual sword. But the reason I didn't take it is because it costs so much to cast it. 120 x 2 sounds pretty greatl But it's not worth it, considering it costs 18 to cast, and only gives you aggro, which is pointless in gb or pve. Divine Smash to me is better for PvE because it costs less to cast ( being 12 cost ), and the bonus effect of blinding the enemy is pretty good.

I'm super sorry for being slow x'D I'm about as dumb as this guide lmfaooo

• Wanperc
    commented on 's reply
    he meant dual swords.
    Last edited by Wanperc; 07-07-2018, 11:29 PM. Reason: spelled dual duel

• Elaine
    commented on 's reply
    nadav1230 Oh, are you talking about Vanquish? No, it only hits the enemy once. Yeah it has Atk+Def but it has a lower ability power, more cost to use, and the effect it has on the enemy isn't worth it. I'd run it if it had less cost.

• nadav1230
    commented on 's reply
    No I mean &quot;dual sword&quot;, the one crown knight ability (as opposed to &quot;dual impact&quot;, the two crown knight ability&quot

• Elaine
    commented on 's reply
    Crown Soldier? Do you mean the new ability for the tower? I didn't know about that one :'o I'll throw it into my guide whenever I get it lmao nadav1230

• nadav1230
    commented on 's reply
    Elaine because I can't forum

• nadav1230
    replied
    This is why I maintain archers are still relevant on frontline and why knights with 300k atk make me wet my pants. Hard hitting rage slashes and Counter strikes, too, can be scary with that huge piercing hit.

In gvg your set might work, as there is no room for barriers and guards because cheer is mandatory in gvg. Yet, clerics usually come equipped with Sol and perpet heals, which essentially can do the same thing and offset damage at the same time.

In PvE I think your idea is the bomb. I like seeing soldiers in PvE and it pains me to see them bring rage. Besides, battle shout, and anto can draw aggro too, another added effect.

Just one last question: why run divine smash when there's that one crown soldier ability that is basically double stroke but considers atk+def?

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    commented on 's reply
    JosUL D'K

• Elaine
    commented on 's reply
    This is pretty advanced, not gonna lie. When I made the guide it's focusing on Soldier DPS and ability set up. Yeah the Rage Slash is pretty nice, but this entire build runs souly on Def+Atk abilities, which are sweet considering soldiers usually have pretty low atk. But I totally could see what you mean. I'll totally keep this in mind, and one day put in a section on downsides of my really soldier build x'D

And ouch, I thought the archers were done being jerks to meeee D'K
Working...
X